What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Congo

G

damn im sorry guys i have so many different deep this and that i got um mixed up

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome Mr.Purple!!
Great work as always....damn,it looks like my PTK keeper :D

G

HL...raco...sorry guys, wrong line, those were deep Wreck :fsu:

Congo X is here, thought the ones here were OPT X DC???

like i said so many Deep Xs its a mess, LOL :moon:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread deserves a ~bump~ good info here. Inspired me to buy a pack of Ace's Congo. :wink:

Hey richard, did you ever backcross the Deep Congo back to the Congo?

R

richardwilliams

DP CONGO

DP CONGO

Hi Highlighter,
How are things ?
Yes I plan on backcrossing the deep congo back to the congo but am thinking of doing it with the f2's vs the f1's. Any expert opinions on this?
Best of luck. Richard.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi richard :wave:
Well I'm no expert, but the f2's could possibly yield something of EXTREME interest!
Glad to hear you're still working her! :pimp3:
Any new pics by chance?
Peace, HL

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey RW :wave:
I talked with kaiki this afternoom...he saw your pics of Deep Congo and told me that he enjoyed it a lot.Good job! :yes:

C

charlie garcia

Hi Richard W. hybrids sounds fantastic indeed. Hope they get best balance among both worlds

Zamalito, Congo#3 comes from Cannabiogen. Bangi instead comes from Mano Negra. Both are quite different being banghi little faster and fatter with lemon scents as I tried once while Congo#3 stretchs a little longer and spicied in flavours as Ricard defines. The ACE hybrid is composed by both Congolese but on the composition Dubi explains well, is Banghi x Congo#3/Pakistan Chitral.

Congo#3/Pakistan was done with 3 CBG chitral males and got really lovely resins in some of their selections. Raco shows a nice example of a Congo#3/Chitral F3 made a few years ago. A third congolese by a spanish friend nicked Kolmus is been used for Congo (Kolmus) x Congo#3/Chitral released by CBG commercial Mix.

Some seeds passed to US or canada years ago of the Congo#3 line and in clone form got some good reputation over there.

There have been congolese in spain since 70's as as far as I know carried by fisherman as funny energetic sativas and very well suited for our climate. Maybe even more frequent to find them than columbians or mexicans of such age. Actually many lines from such area are collected and grown around the country by private ppl showing all some slight differences and potencies but still interesting source of lines.

saludos a todos
Charlie

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
At last!! Charlie is in the house!! :wave: :woohoo:
Good info,as always :wink:

C

charlie garcia

Other job made with congo#3 is the Bangihaze by ACE. Always wanted to change the name as is not the called banghi one but it was used as generic term but seems little confusing now for that. Its Congo#3/Nepal

WW/congo was selected by us as well from a few seeds we exchanged with Mano Negra around 6-7 years ago. After trying to make some offspring we decided to quit definately and shared it in clone form around here.

I think Reeferman used also Congo#3 line for his Red Congo. Correct me if I am wrong about the name. Its been always very hard to find males in this line :)

Most of this info was written in old CW and OG.

I am sure Richard Williams will enjoy these nice lines now with Toms D.C. Congrats!

Best

Last edited:
G

Well I must say that this along with the supplemental congo thread have intrigued me enough with this strain that I'm pickin' some up. My first connoisseur type strain, should prove to be a lot of fun and from the looks of it, an excellent reward.

I'm shocked at the low flower times with this one but one must trust the trich's I suppose. Any suggestions with these from those who have wrangled the congo before? Just look'n for generals such as it eats a lot to it burns easy, etc... any help will be appreciated as I enjoy this adventure!

R

richardwilliams

congo food

congo food

hi klutter,
I would go not too strong on the food. Myself I use biobizz, and organic soil amendments. The flavour and taste will suprise you, when you burn one up in a room, it leaves a strong lingering smell like incense.
Enjoy! cheers, Richard.

C

charlie garcia

Hi Klutter,

Congo and most sativas do easely low with nutes, sometimes is just like let them do alone by themselves :) Dont know yet D.C. but from what I've read and being D.C. landrace genetics they must do same way and as Richard states.

Not surprised by its quickness, some sativas are faster than our stablished concepts and often you dont need to wait more than 12-14

I am sure Deep Congo has got the best as it looks from the pictures.

Good one Richard. Congrats

Last edited:
R

richardwilliams

congo mother

congo mother

Hi Charlie,
I will be making some congo cuts of my mother coming up in a few weeks which are always nice to try outdours as they like the full sun, though indoors they also are very tasty.

C

charlie garcia

I feel so jeaolus Richard LOL. This congo produced just females all the time but not hermis! I shared some congo and angola seeds with some good friends like Greengrocer and Herbs 5 or 6 years ago but they couldnt germ them :) A pain, so its been always impossible yet to work the congo line by itself in pure form but hybridated.

Anyway I saw your pics when growing ACE congo and enjoyed them so much as you got the point to do them vrey well. Glad you keep the mom.

btw brother Dubi told me you gave him some deep congo seeds and I am sure he would love to try them very soon

saludos
Charlie

Last edited: