What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DISCOVERY MAY END MARIJUANA HIGH

H

HerbScience

Pregnezone

Pregnezone

That's strange. I've been taking 50 mg of pregnenolone daily for years as part of hormone replacement therapy. When you take exogenous testosterone, your body stops producing related hormones like pregnenolone and DHEA. I've never noticed any changes in my ability to get high. I've experimented with doses up to 200 mg/day without ever noticing any changes in how weed works for me.

I'd be worried about blocking CB1 receptors too. CB1 agonists have been shown to fight cancer in countless studies (in vitro and animal studies). Cannabinoid receptor antagonists like Rimonabant have been shown to increase cancer rates in animal studies. Cannabinoids have so many medical uses for so many conditions. Blocking cannabinoid receptors just seems dangerous.

maybe you mean pregnezone

JKD

Veteran
I don't mind the idea of having something on hand that you could take to end a high quickly if required - emergencies, disasters, before driving etc. It would be even better if you could take it before work and pass a random drug test - but I doubt it works along those lines.
As long as no-one is forced to take it it is fine by me.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
(CBD x THC) x CB1 brain receptors = what nature intended.

Leave it to man to manipulate nature and dabble in the taboo areas of ones brain cells.

bambi

shiet I didn't realise pot was was being worked on to stop the high working like they have done or doing trials now with the same thing but cocaine and herion, a protein or hormone that once injected into the blood stream grows too big to pass through the right recptors in the brain that releases larger amounts of dopamine, ie: - endorphins) so the drug stays in the blood stream but will never work or do its purpose job,

Don't think this will work somehow, thinking of those in major car/bike accidents whom need pain relief weather there a drug addict or not, shit happens after all,

I to have stopped smoking shit over the years and just recently also, have my first hit today after one week with out, I almost forgot I find it that easy to come off, irritable,crabby,short tempered are symtoms I get from tobacco withdrawl, and similar side effects off pot I get but much less severe, tobacco nicotine stays in the brain or stuck there for over two half years for long term smokers like myself, interesting stuff all this. - b

Thcvhunter

Veteran
As someone who has to medicate every couple hours I dream of being sober for a year. But its not that big of a deal.
Ive been on a few medicines. I'd rather take cannabis everyday than: Tylenol, Aspirin, Painkillers, Lyrica, Sugar, Insulin, psychotropics, really the list is quite unbalanced.
Once you imbibe cannabis everyday for a year you're better able to deal with functioning while medicated. I still can catch a buzz once in a while, but I haven't been newbie-stoned since my late 20's.

I really don't understand the argument for messing with the brain in order to combat the effects of cannabis - effects which are milder than most any drug on the market. Even sugar is more dangerous(sugar crash while driving, diabetes).

Thank you Sam for posting that article, but damn does it scare me

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
AN ANTI-DOPAMINE DRUG COULD BLOCK THE ADDICTIVE RUSH ASSOCIATED WITH THC.

http://www.popsci.com/article/science/scientists-have-found-way-make-marijuana-un-fun

Cannabinoid receptor antagonist:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoid_receptor_antagonist

I vaguely remember hearing something about a study that blocked CB1 and CB2 receptors.

If I remember correctly they had to shut the study down due to the astonishing outbreak of depression, weight gain and a whole slew of unhealthy side effects started showing up. Really weird things I can't remember the names of.

Perhaps someone can find that study and link it?

Keep it Clean! :D

Last edited:

Gry

In the immoral words of Nancy "Just say no". That research in general meets my definition for obscenity.

Last edited:

ghostmade

Veteran
Idk maby with this break through more people can enjoy the health benefits 9f high thc strains. Most adult noobs will be launched into a full fledged pan8c attack,from a puff of some good ganja.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Well.....for all the religious idiots that bend and warp the word of God for there own control over the people, heres the proof that the brain is hard wired to accept Marijuana use.
If God thought that it was "wrong" to smoke Ganja, then why did He create it and hard wire our brains to use it?
Theres the scientific proof that we were created to use Cannabis as well as eat food and drink water.
I personally am thankfull for this wonderfull plant. Plus it comes in fruit flavors! :biggrin:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
for those who desire/need medical cannabis but do not like the high associated with it, this sounds good. wonder how long before folks that know better than you what you want/like decide that all medical cannabis must be used in conjunction with this...you reckon there is anyone working on a pill so drinkers won't enjoy getting shit-faced while sucking down tequila & biting lemon slices?

Limeygreen

Veteran
Some people do not like the high associated with cannabis but like the symptom relief of it, if they prefer this by all means let them do this so they can get their relief, everyone else who enjoys it, let them enjoy it, it's not like with oxy's that they block the pleasure centres from feeling a high from it while trying to manage pain relief.

For them to enforce it on medical cannabis but not opiates should not be tolerated, but used more on a basis if the user prefers to not have the affects of being high, or perhaps they cannot focus/function while high but still need the relief while doing their job such as a surgeon (which is the best example I could come up with sorry)

JointOperation

Well.....for all the religious idiots that bend and warp the word of God for there own control over the people, heres the proof that the brain is hard wired to accept Marijuana use.
If God thought that it was "wrong" to smoke Ganja, then why did He create it and hard wire our brains to use it?
Theres the scientific proof that we were created to use Cannabis as well as eat food and drink water.
I personally am thankfull for this wonderfull plant. Plus it comes in fruit flavors! :biggrin:

main reason im ANTI RELIGIOUS lool. I drank the koolaid I went to church for years.. I thought they were legit. then I realized it was a scare tactic.. if someone doesn't want you to do something they say.. o well u will go to hell. or if your good . your going to heaven.. but.. butt.. when you commit a crime and do something CRAZY.. you can go to a church.. say a few hail marys and your just as good as the guy who has never done anything wrong in his life..

being spiritual.. even satanic.. is more realistic then fucking a religion based on a virgin getting pregnant loll..

the words of any bible or things alike.. can be used to control populations. and control the minds of weak or vulnerable individuals..

ive seen it . and I wont be apart of it lol

mainly because my grandparents have been ripped off for the last 30 years. out of 100s of thousands of dollars.. from the church.. by making them believing giving money to the church is going to bring them closer with god.. they donate and donate and donate..

its like everything else in this country.. if it doesn't PROFIT.. it doesn't fit into our society.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
I am way more addicted to pussy....yeehaw..don't harsh my buzz bro

They're working on a way to make that not feel good also. For your own sake of course.

A buzz-kill-pill might be good for the chuckleheads who overdose themselves on edibles. Gives them a legitimate reason to go to the emergency room other than just weirding themselves out even more.

Latest posts

Latest posts