What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

has art of making fire's piff/uptown haze become widespread

Mickey Bricks

I have to post this...

This thread KILLS ME! It is truly a testament to my bad decisions in life. A time when I was lost and thought being violent and hurtful was the way to respect and success. The lessons this society will teach you I suppose. I was halfway on the path... Making the choice to never sell government drugs to the people, instead choosing to grow life and love for my fellow humans. However, I did not shed completely old ways of thinking... This lead to my incarceration at the previous pinnacle of my life. I had everything going for me....

On top of that I had two amazing selections of The Uptown Haze. You all know the story. Years of buying custy bags of block work to find those beans... Just to lose it all... It actually did make it out of that show, but was lost a few months after by a than amateur grower. Painful, but my own fault.

Than I see all the interest in this strain... It kills me.

As previously stated, I'm heavily in the Dominican life. Lol. My woman's brother took a seven year trip over there to dodge some charges... He has been making connections on my behalf for a while. I promise you all I will try everything in my power to obtain solid genetics and spread them everywhere.

This is absolutely one of my favorite strains of yerba ever. It makes my heart race and I break a sweat. The most racy sativa I've ever encountered. NOT FOR EVERYONE. And you're looking at minimum 12 weeks. 14 if you a G. For Cannabis lovers only.

I WILL CHECK IN SOON. I CAN TRAVEL IN 3.5 MONTHS.

THANK YOU FOR THE INTEREST!
Real shit, your thread about bringing Church back to the streets was literally like holy scripture for me, lol. But damn, Im sorry to hear about the BS tripping u up. Im real glad u're back on the hunt tho, bcuz all my effort these past few years have yielded nada. From what i can tell, it really looks like the whole tri-state is counting on u bro

...no pressure
HSqg4OG.png

Rgd

Veteran
I have to post this...

This thread KILLS ME! It is truly a testament to my bad decisions in life. A time when I was lost and thought being violent and hurtful was the way to respect and success. The lessons this society will teach you I suppose. I was halfway on the path... Making the choice to never sell government drugs to the people, instead choosing to grow life and love for my fellow humans. However, I did not shed completely old ways of thinking... This lead to my incarceration at the previous pinnacle of my life. I had everything going for me....

On top of that I had two amazing selections of The Uptown Haze. You all know the story. Years of buying custy bags of block work to find those beans... Just to lose it all... It actually did make it out of that show, but was lost a few months after by a than amateur grower. Painful, but my own fault.

Than I see all the interest in this strain... It kills me.

As previously stated, I'm heavily in the Dominican life. Lol. My woman's brother took a seven year trip over there to dodge some charges... He has been making connections on my behalf for a while. I promise you all I will try everything in my power to obtain solid genetics and spread them everywhere.

This is absolutely one of my favorite strains of yerba ever. It makes my heart race and I break a sweat. The most racy sativa I've ever encountered. NOT FOR EVERYONE. And you're looking at minimum 12 weeks. 14 if you a G. For Cannabis lovers only.

I WILL CHECK IN SOON. I CAN TRAVEL IN 3.5 MONTHS.

THANK YOU FOR THE INTEREST!

I thought i had a chance too..ihad been given domincan rep

"alta gracia beans"

ifelt the vibe from the name..but

..they were not kept well and none sprouted..

that was last january..

i am trying to glean somewhere if anyone found a piffster in chimera's

frankies crosses..i dunno

soserthc1

Spent the last 2 days reading all about this Frankie's / Nyc haze never really heard of it besides here. I'm a few hours away from New York ( thank god ) and never seen it reach around these parts. We had tons on nyc diesel make it here!
I do have one question after reading all these threads (even listen to ART rap- the emeimiem of nyc ...lol)
I assumed it's called Frankie's because of the frankinsense smell but seen a small reference to a person name Frank ? Any back stories on the name ? Stoney ?

Tia

steamgod

Frankincense is the standard for uptown haze

Frankincense is the standard for uptown haze

Glad to see an Icmag brother with the real .Frankies was what we called the fathers the best .The goldens as we called it was a crew favorite (Brown and gold were the best )I like my Haze like I like my women dark . Folk who anint from NYC just don't know . When my uptown fam first told me they had Deez I looked at him crazy . I'm not coming all the way up top for Deez it's in the glove

It's been a min since I've seen Frank . I see several hazes with the incense but franks been rare for sometime now . I hope as Stoney said when the homie comes home things get freed up

1luvbigherb

Bigherb-

Based off of my years of reading these threads, it seems you are very fixated on the frankincense smell/taste trait for being the standard to what haze needs to have in it to be considered a bonafide haze by uptown standards, and I agree. It is a Dominican based thing with a sales hub in the heights, plus the term puday is Latin term supporting this even further. The genetics of haze is unknown and the main question is what is the girl made of and does she resemble the early hazes on Cali back in the 70s... I know there are old heads that have have tasted these throwback buds and wrote about their experiences on forums, but that's our only comparison. I want to belief that it's something from either that 70s cali hazes or some landrace columbian variety, or perhaps even a special homemade Dominican blend (thanks Art for that info).

The weed I consider Frank's is any dark bomb haze that comes from a weed savy Dominican source that knows uptown, and this sounds easier then it is lol. It's funny bc my trusted friend that's been smoking haze with me over a decade is mad particular and says that the haze back in the early 2000s was called church and frank, he was from Whitestone. He believes like you that the haze from then was darker, danker and meaner, he also cries about how the buds were quasi damp and you would have to peel the buds apart almost (upon break up) bc the buds were stringy like. I remember those early hazes and yes there was those buds but there were better cured buds too that were more dense that still had frank to them, just like today.

This is the thing, a haze in my book can only come from uptown and must have a frank twang to it for it to even pass. With a good papi on ur team you really cant lose bc there's only one haze and it's nothing special to them, it's like air in the hood. Unlike these runoff commercial mainstream watered down strains u see in all on NY (i.e. sour, og, blue dream, chem, gsc, gdp, bubba, ect), uptown haze is never in circulation bc it kept up there safely (never seen a seed in over ten years). Normal weed dealers outside of the heights are oblivious to what authentic haze is and should smell or taste like. Another thing, the reason why it may have appeared more dank back then was bc my boy and I only had a connect that was by the dub or dime. Remember if you stuff a fluffy bud like a haze into tiny bag and jam it under your balls all day, cured or not it's gunna make the bud appear a little different. Also, the time of the cure if the bud that was bought. I've had more wet buds dry out over time and develop on me, nothing like transformer like but texture will deff change.

The uptown haze today is straight heat to me, my boy even said it's the closest thing he claims we've seen to the days of old. Crazy hairy twisted whispy franky gutter slut, when you break if (which takes no effort by the way) it gets so loud, so distinct. Big nugs of haze today compared to early 2000 days... To me I'm picky if the haze ain't frankincense like you it's no go anyway, but the hood would not get away with a shit haze if it's really from uptown anyway, so that's kinda why I feel assured when you have a good connect.

I feel the haze of uptown has always been very consistent in my opinion and it's almost like comfort dope to the boy, especially in a Dutch... Please elaborate on your meaning of this missing frank bc I hear it from my boy too?

BTW- frankincense is church bc they are one in the same, frankincense is a holy incense of the Catholic Church. What's gunna blow your mind is this... if you love that terpene trait, real frankincense grows in certain areas of Africa and the Middle East. What if there is a stronger frank out there with true frankincense genetics... What's the landrace sativas like there... Maybe it's time for a new better haze, if possible?

Being we are now speculating and I guess we always have been lol, imagine a cross of the best sour and haze of New York. It's funny because we cross them in the Dutch anyway when we have both, sweet and sour shit, I know haze and sweet but it is compared to real sour, there's no tropical earth smell to sour, haze does an earthiness to it that could be mistaken as sweet... Bc that earthiness is really swampy, jungle rainforest smell. Styles P says it best in that YouTube video with him in jadakiss compare haze vs sour... SP says that haze smells like the rainforest lmao. Great videos btw, just type in sour vs haze on YouTube.

FireIn.TheSky

Being we are now speculating and I guess we always have been lol, imagine a cross of the best sour and haze of New York.

It already exists, it's called SSSDH. Personally I think I love sour diesel and a proper haze completely unadultereated, but I must say SSSDH is an excellent strain, Rez dog had a champion greenhouse SSH mother back in the day.

Some beautiful plants cone from SSSDH.

steamgod

Anything I ever smoked I bought, never had a farm to table experience like you boys. Anything I ever tasted could only be confirmed based off the friends I been burning with for years. Similar to wine tasting I guess, without my own vineyard lol... You can get other exotics strains uptown too like sour, their standards up there are legit, I guess when you reside in a dope hold you must have that standard, I mean it's the job, the work is their reputation... Only a smoke out together with everyone will put this all to bed, you cannot compare until we all meet up and share, why not lol

What would be great is for someone to have experienced both sides, buying from the streets and trying to grow, one dentkeman said mango haze was the closet thing to the uptown haze you get in the streets... Idk... We don't know.... Let's smoke lol

TruLuv

Wow... I've been looking for some uptown for so long and looks like I just found a pretty damn close pheno!!! It takes me way back seeing that.. the glory days!! Man, what I would do for some piff..

HOVA

Veteran
Wow... I've been looking for some uptown for so long and looks like I just found a pretty damn close pheno!!! It takes me way back seeing that.. the glory days!! Man, what I would do for some piff..

Where are the pics?
What line is it from?
Seed or clone?

Jerzeehaze

Real shit, your thread about bringing Church back to the streets was literally like holy scripture for me, lol. But damn, Im sorry to hear about the BS tripping u up. Im real glad u're back on the hunt tho, bcuz all my effort these past few years have yielded nada. From what i can tell, it really looks like the whole tri-state is counting on u bro

...no pressure
HSqg4OG.png

Word...lol
we are

vanilla dutch

Everything yall post is semi correct.the cuts u run are just bagseed finds. Nobody is gonna let a million dollar plant out the stable. Especially them. You guys are forgetting batches are different everytime because they grow from seed. Ive found seeds in pounds of haze before. If u claim to have a cut of piff.purple.puday whatever u call it.youve been fooled.its just bagseed. There is no way in hell there cuts are released to anyone.ever.especially the males.but kool find though.

Latest posts

Latest posts