What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i was surprised to find that there didnt seem to be a thread dedicated to this most righteous of tokes. I was lucky enough to be gifted this cut (the pre 98) along with some others from a friend :thank you: and this is defo approaching grail-like status for me.
just love that musky, almost coffee/mocha smell that it has, the depth of the aroma, the great taste and high. im also pretty sure i detect some chemmy aromas in there too and wondered if there might be some connection?
i usually have a large choice of top buds to smoke but find myself reaching for this most days, especially later in the evening...

any onfo on growing , history, genetics - all the blurb

cheers

VG :tiphat:

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
Hey VG I've had Pre '98 BK mommas for several years now but haven't ever flowered one yet.
Until now... I have several cuttings about 18 days into flower now and so far I love the way they grow, smell, and look.

I'm really surprised that I don't get more requests for BK clones, everybody who has gotten BK clones from me always come back for more. It grows beautifully both ID and OD and has a truly beautiful shape and smell. Mine went from clones w/roots directly into 6" pots and into flower 2 weeks later, so they will be smaller plants. But I can imagine from the way these are producing, that a full sized plant would produce a great yield.

Once the grow is completed, if everything goes well, I'll post up a grow thread with pictures. I just don't wanna do it yet in-case I fucks it up cause I'm trying several different techniques, methods, and materials for this setup.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've gotta admit it. One of the few plants I've kept on the top of my lust list for many years. (she is vegging away) I had my first certified encounter with her via a very experienced grower with her...and fell in love with this herb.

Not to mention she is an excellent mother plant. She breeds dominant for her structure and potency and blends her flavors. But you can always see the "bubba" percentage in her offspring. (BKGK for example) Makes her a great plant for testing males in outcrosses.

She is a keeper, no doubt about it. Playing with her a bit pollen wise these days...

dank.Frank

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
katsu fun ;)

onebud 12/12 cmh
picture.php
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great stuff guys!
pics
picture.php

picture.php

at 3 weeks
picture.php

2 weeks - this is a different plant from the first time i ran it under an LED lamp.
picture.php

G

Guest3498

I've only worked with the pre98, it's incredibly tasty smoke. Very complex... kushy, coffee, earthy, spicy, patchouli, etc are all in there... Right now I'm flowering out some plants from a cross a friend and I made with some nl5xhaze males (mr nice seed co.) and the bubba, hoping for good things.

Bubba:

picture.php

picture.php

*DUBSTAR*

Great looking plants and buds fellas! I have done a few runs with the pre 98 and she's definitely a keeper. Very hardy plant, can take a lot more stress than most.
I have pics of a plant late in flower and of a cross I made with the Pre 98 x Deathstar in my sig if u wanna check em out.

Peace, DUBSTAR

*DUBSTAR*

Calcio, I love the way that plant looks!! For some reason my leaves got really crispy on me toward the end of flower instead of yellowing nice and evenly like yours. I don't add any ferts except in the soil so i'm not sure what happened. Probably some sort of imbalance or something.

G

Guest3498

I don't know the specifics, but from what I remember back in the overgrow days some seed companies came out with bubba s1's, so naturally a bunch of different bubba cuts started to hit the scene. The "pre98" and "katsu" cuts are the originals that these s1's were made from. That's all I'm aware of, maybe someone more knowledgeable can explain further.

Morphote

Veteran
DSCN1950.JPG

DSCN1984.JPG

DSCN2007.JPG

DSCN2012.JPG

DSCN2013.JPG

DSCN2096.JPG

DSCN2110.JPG

BUKU is grade A medicine. If I had to find anything wrong with the cut, I wish it had improved vigor and a better yield, but it is perfect otherwise. Give it an extended veg (4-6 weeks) would be my advice. Some of the best cannabis on the market IMO. Great for insomnia or issues with anxiety.

M.