What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cambodian strains ... ?

E

ElectroSticky

i once was told a story about how marijuana originated from 3 places in the world ...

the story goes like these ...

'' when all the continents where still toghether marijuana was everywhere , when these huge mass broke into godwana , colombian , mexican & african marijuana where separated from the rest , and as africa and america grew appart , the marijuana in each continent grew different , meanwhile at the other half called laurasia , marijuana grew mainly in cambodia and afghanistan , and started growing different due to the heavy changing climate .... and then humans came along and started rushing the whole thing ''

these story i found to be real intresting and i believe it to be true ... thats why i have always have intrest in colombian & cambodian sativas ... the time has not come yet for me to grow as i please and have my own breeding ideas , i hope it will come someday :D , but these cambodian girls have me real intrested , i know plenty about colombian sativas but cambodian girls are a mistery to me ...

i also heard a story abut some guys smoking cambodian years ago in u.s.a and saying that they felt like on LSD , super trippy effect ... up until today only felt again a couple of times with some bud called '' cosmo '' ... :D and i have been blessed to try these '' cosmo bud '' and i have to say it is # 1 in my book , next to the triangle kush ;) ... so cambodians got me thinking they have to be the BoooOoOoOoOMmMmMmB!!!!

but i cant seem to find much cambodian girls , besides reefermans cambodian , there seems to be no other source for pure cambodian seeds , and there are not much camodian hybrids either ...

Stonehedge (Sagarmatha seeds) is a cross of cambodian & western winds , and im thinking it was the same cambodian used in '' kalimist '' , i have to say i love Stonehedge , simply such a remarcable plant and awsome smoke , only way i could describe it is talking about the smell of the sweetest mango :joint: :2cents:

A.C.E seeds i read somewhere that it has a cambodian haze that seems to have been used in some crosses but i cant find info on it .. :1help:

so where are these cambodian girls ???

i wanna see them or read about them if someone has info or pics that could be shared .. :yeahthats

that's a pretty fucked up story.. I think whatever split the continents apart predates cannabis as we know it.. most likely the plants were brought by slaves, traders and merchants.

there are some potent south east asian plants out there

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Check Gypsy's Khmere Gold for untouched Cambodian genetics.

E

ElectroSticky

:joint: endlesssummer ... not to fall into anything uneccesary like saying your post is laim and you failed to understand the story ;) ... im just gonna say to you ... since you claim '' most likely the plants were brought by slaves, traders and merchants '' , marijuana was growing in the american continent even before these was discovered by cristobal colon ''Christopher_Columbus '' , and if you think not , then you are a slave to your own laim concepts of the world and its history , and you should read some of these useful links :joint:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Darwin :joint: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_drift :joint:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Columbus :joint: ;)

:joint: rainman ,,, thanks ,,, GN seems to have some good cambodian seeds :D

:bongsmi:

N

Neville H.

Kali Mist is reported to have Cambodian genetics... An interesting side note I read about was this:

"So what is for sure at least is the fact that the Kali Mist gene pool partly traces back to Cambodian and Afghani heritage and that its ancestral stock had previously been cultivated in the States. Interestingly, Simon made a trip to Cambodia in the past, trying to find high-grade landraces for refreshing and further advancing his Kali Mist, but wasn't successful - he couldn't find anything that was comparable to the Cambodian dominant lines he already had."

The cambodian in Kali Mist was worked at some point in the USA before becoming breeding material for Kali Mist.

I am growing Kali Mist right now and love what I am seeing. But, I would also like to try another Cambodian related strain.

laim or lame? and the wikipedia entries make no mention of cannabis, I'm not contesting the fact that continents drift but that was hundreds of million of years ago , the world was a much different place back then.

and cannabis across the world isn't that different... you will see just how different some plants will grow depending on where they were grown, depending on day length and climate.

and cannabis in south america was most likely brought by slaves early on and then by indian/african/middle eastern immigrants

www.therealseedcompany.com has some laotian and thai plants that should fit the bill.

E

ElectroSticky

laotian and thai plants that should fit the bill.

:laughing: ... i dont know why but i have a feeling the cambodian i am looking for will BloooOoOoOoOoW any thai plant ... ;)

fact that continents drift but that was hundreds of million of years ago , the world was a much different place back then.

and cannabis across the world isn't that different... you will see just how different some plants will grow depending on where they were grown, depending on day length and climate.

jejejej ... thats what im saying .. only in different words .... :ying:

cannabis in south america was most likely brought by slaves early on and then by indian/african/middle eastern immigrants

:laughing: ... you are a slave to your own lame concepts of the world and its history ;)

why are you so close minded to the fact that cannabis has been growing in these earth +1100 milllion years or more , probably during the Mesozoic period the first marijuana plant on earth was borned .... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesozoic :joint: , then during the cenozoic period it started to adapt as continents drifted ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cenozoic :joint:

as i said cannabis in colombia & mexico was growing tall before any slaves or immigrants came to the continent ..... but thats it please , no more discussing the origins of cannabis , cant we all just get a bong :bongsmi: :D

again, you have no proof , you're just talking bullshit, there's no literature to support your claims.

you have a lame concept of history, which is mostly fiction.

E

ElectroSticky

Please post info or pics on good ol' cambodian strains ..... :woohoo::woohoo:

@ mindlesssummer , why do you even keep posting in these thread if you dont even believe , understand or like what im saying ... :yeahthats and dont get me started on lame concepts of history .... :fsu: ... peace out ;)

Scientists theorize that the K–T extinctions were caused by one or more catastrophic events, such as massive asteroid impacts (like the Chicxulub impact), or increased volcanic activity. Several impact craters and massive volcanic activity, such as that in the Deccan traps, have been dated to the approximate time of the extinction event. These geological events may have reduced sunlight and hindered photosynthesis, leading to a massive disruption in Earth's ecology. Other researchers believe the extinction was more gradual, resulting from slower changes in sea level or climate.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretaceous–Tertiary_extinction_event

you should read on what you're peddling, you are spreading fiction about cannabis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowering_plant

The earliest known angiosperm macrofossil, Archaefructus liaoningensis, is dated to about 125 million years BP (the Cretaceous period)

and they don't mention cannabis, just flowering plants. I don't know where you got your 1001+ million years from

A

alpinestar

Quote:
"laotian and thai plants that should fit the bill."
... i dont know why but i have a feeling the cambodian i am looking for will BloooOoOoOoOoW any thai plant ...

Laos was a trade cross road in asia
Im sure there are a lot of desirable genetics from laos...
the area must have seen more variety of cannabis genetics than other areas in Asia

btw
A good Cambodian cross would be Soma's Amnesia Haze: Cambodian x Super Silver Haze

N

Neville H.

Scientists theorize that the K–T extinctions were caused by one or more catastrophic events, such as massive asteroid impacts (like the Chicxulub impact), or increased volcanic activity. Several impact craters and massive volcanic activity, such as that in the Deccan traps, have been dated to the approximate time of the extinction event. These geological events may have reduced sunlight and hindered photosynthesis, leading to a massive disruption in Earth's ecology. Other researchers believe the extinction was more gradual, resulting from slower changes in sea level or climate.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretaceous–Tertiary_extinction_event

you should read on what you're peddling, you are spreading fiction about cannabis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowering_plant

The earliest known angiosperm macrofossil, Archaefructus liaoningensis, is dated to about 125 million years BP (the Cretaceous period)

and they don't mention cannabis, just flowering plants. I don't know where you got your 1001+ million years from

I'm sure you both have valid arguments on that, but I would really like to see this thread stay on track about CAMBODIAN genetics. This is something I have been interested in for a long time.

E

ElectroSticky

endlesssumer you should read all of the site , not only what seems can support your argument , i spread no lies about these , if you realize during that extincion , in high & southern hemisphere latitudes only 57% of plant species became extinct , there seems to me there is a 43 % chance marijuana survived :joint: ...

I would love to see some grow reports , maybe some trip reports like i have seen on nepal , any info ...:1help:

the thing is only reeferman , and GN have pure cambodian strains (available in seed form) , (that i know of so far) :joint:... and not to many info is ussually found on these guys , they dont have a vendor forum here or something like that ...

somas cambodian must be pretty smelly , cant seem to find info on it , maybe its the same they used in serious & sagarmatha :D

I'm growing the Khmer Gold and several Thais and then some. The Khmer Gold was a bit tricky to germ but that is normal with landraces, the structure is nice and hopefully it will be potent herb.

The whole idea of Cambodian being that much stronger then a Thai is like saying that Humboldt county weed is better then Mendocino county weed. The 2 countries are only miles apart from each other, actually they border each other with Laos. Trade has been done for years and a lot of the weed that was grown in Thailand probably got shipped to Cambodia or Laos or was indigenous. Your best bet would be to travel to those spots and try to gather weed from farmers or purchase landrace stock from the Real seed company or Gypsy, Reeferman seeds are over priced and probably adulterated with things you don't want.

Attachments

• Khmer Gold (cambo 09).jpg
    Khmer Gold (cambo 09).jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 24
E

ElectroSticky

Wow .. thx a lot mota de dios , great post , and that plant looks amazing ... how much it blooms for , any budpics ? :woohoo:
attachment.php

i've been reading from these guy DI WEE DALAT , and now im intrested in vietnamese strains as well as cambodian , i remember alfred's vietchunk thread and that vietnamese looked awsome , also i remember some old californian grower posting about an old vietmanese strain that was lost but was the BooOoOOOmB° ...

here are some pics of alfred's vietnamese , wich was said to bloom for 150days and seems preety good ... :)
22067PA050061.JPG

22067P2010203.JPG

22067P2010194.JPG

No bud shots yet because the plant is in veg, probably start flowering soon. The plant is over 8 feet tall with at least 5 toppings. Here is a pic of the Black Forrest (Hawaiian Cherry bomb x Vietnamese Black) from the Rev. Unfortunately it was culled last week as it hermied.

Here is a pic of the BF.

Attachments

• Black Forrest 09.jpg
    Black Forrest 09.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 13

anikas88

I know that this not a discussion about the origins of cannabis, but cannabis was is not natural to the new world, it was brought by first spanish and Portuguese explorers who used it for hemp fibers. Other explorers from other countries brought it to other parts of the new world too. The spanish brought various species of hemp as they had trade routes from all over the world. Many plants went wild and later established themselves as distinct landraces. The mesoamerican indians had a very acute knowledge of plants and they would have certainly would have discovered cannabis if it was found natural in the new world. Some sources sight that there was already hemp being grown by many Indians in north america when british and french explores on the east coast but fail to realize that cultivation of hemp had already been started by spanish and portuguese explorers hundred or two hundred years prior in the southern part of the continent thus spreading north.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Actually you got it wrong Anikas. The Spaniards did trade using hemp but Slaves/travelers from Africa were growing herb in Brasil before 1500 and the French and British were cultivating Hemp in their east coast colonies around the 1600s. Columbus didnt establish a colony anywhere in the Americas (Yucatan Penn. and Mexico) until around this time. The herb was already there.

Last edited:

anikas88

Actually Africans in the new world were first brought over by the spanish and portuguese to work in plantations as the native populations were decimated by Diseases from the old world Spanish and portuguese colonization of the new world began in the 1500s by 1600s they had already many cities in several places in the continent. Spain and portugal planted hemp caused it was a very useful fiber, especially for sailors. So it is the other way around, when the french and british came to the east coast, hemp was being cultivated by indians there as it had been spread from the original plantations planted by the Iberian settlers.

montehierba

what about Ghenkis khan? these cats were heavy smokers,bud was found in their graves stashed in their necklaces,cuz it was air tight some buds were intact, fine sources claim it was cambodian for it's psycoactive effect and long lasting strains.