What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stuck! Which bulb to use for what?

bendattheknee

Hello everyone,

So im ready to start my first grow. My room is built (ill share some pics later), i got my moonshine mix prepped, got my seeds popped and ready to go into the soil today, light system hanging but now I ran into a slight problem, or maybe its not a problem.

I bought a Sunsystem hood light system - one of those dummy proof systems with the ballast built in, and I got two bulbs, and now cant 100% decide which one to use for veg and which for fruiting. The two bulbs from Philips are below:

Philips Master Color CDM-TP MW (Elite MW) vs. Philips Master GreenPower Elite Agro 315W/930

What do the experts think? If I have to decide, I would say the Greenpower is for veg. and the MW is for fruiting.

Appreciate any input.
:biggrin:

Drop That Sound

growweedeasy.com is pretty awesome too

The straight MH would be for veg, and the other Agro bulb from your description is half MH and half HPS, a mix of both spectrums better suited for flowering.

Drop That Sound

So i looked it up and it is a ceramic metal halide (CMH), designed specifically for growing. I'm no expert on that type of bulb but I would think it could veg and flower with just the one bulb?. Don't take my word for it though I haven't ever used one.. many here have though and I hear about them a lot.