What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Natria Garden (Formerly Serenade)

troutman

Seed Whore
I was having a slight fungus problem and was looking for Serenade in Canada and ordered this after I found it's Canadian substitute.

I did try using hydrogen peroxide a few times to control the fungus. But It kept coming back. I suspect I missed some.
With live bacteria I feel a whole lot more confident that it will be controlled at least. I even sprayed the walls and floor
of my grow tent for good measure. It cost me less than $20 CDN including shipping.

http://www.damseeds.ca/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=3039

Bayer Advanced Natria Disease Control

Bayer-Advanced-Natria-Disease-Control_SMALL.jpg

Bayer Advanced™ Natria® Disease Control consistently helps win the battle against fungal and bacterial diseases.
Bayer Advanced™ Natria® Disease Control contains a unique, patented strain of Bacillus subtilis (strain QST 713)
which provides over 30 different lipopeptides that work synergistically to destroy disease pathogens and provide
superior antimicrobial activity.

Used by many of the largest conventional, sustainable and organic growers in the world, it protects ornamental plants,
vegetables and fruit against diseases. It has the same exact bacteria present in Serenade.

http://www.bayeradvanced.ca/files/bayerAdvanced/Labels/PMRA_label%20RTU.pdf

Last edited:

troutman

Seed Whore
I was interested in making home booze and even filled a gallon fermenting jar with water, molasses
bat guano, fish emulsion, and distiller's nutrients in an attempt to culture this stuff. I have air pump
blowing bubbles in it.

Distiller's Nutrients:

A complete mixture of nutrients, minerals, vitamins, and pH buffers necessary for strong fermentation
in a nutrient deficient mash. Packed in a resealable oxygen barrier container.
This is the distiller nutrients I'm using which I ordered from a place in Ottawa, Ontario.

http://www.home-distilling.com/store/pc/Distiller-s-Nutrients-p655.htm

Who knows maybe I'll be able to keep this bacteria culture going long enough till Summer. :tiphat:

If not, I'll buy more for my Summer crops.

Last edited:

Tynehead Tom

i used that Natria this past summer/fall during one of the wettest cloudiest seasons on record for my region. Saved my plants from a mold that was attacking lower node sites on the stems. I never sprayed it on leaves or flowers, just the stems and branches. Saved my greenhouse grow for sure.

troutman

Seed Whore
The reason I sprayed it all over the place is that the fungus probably is all over my tent now.

It needs to be thought a lesson of who's the boss now. :laughing:

Spraying all over is no doubt a good preventative anyways.

For example: If you had spider mites in your greenhouse. Releasing mite predators
outside around the greenhouse as well as inside would be the wisest move I think.

PARADOX

i used that Natria this past summer/fall during one of the wettest cloudiest seasons on record for my region. Saved my plants from a mold that was attacking lower node sites on the stems. I never sprayed it on leaves or flowers, just the stems and branches. Saved my greenhouse grow for sure.

you must be close to the Okanagan.. Very gloomy cloudy season this year'

Tynehead Tom

you must be close to the Okanagan.. Very gloomy cloudy season this year'

a few hours north yet but ya man, BC got some fuggered up weather this past "summer" LOL
Okanagan has a much better climate generally for outdoor weed, elevation depending but we all got hammered with shit weather this year.

troutman

Seed Whore
I know about the potassium carbonate thing and will try that next time.
All I know is if this works out the bacteria present in the bottle will protect
my plants longer than any chemical would.

Tynehead Tom

ya I also used potassium bicarbonate sprays but those I used on the foliage.

will be cool to see if you can get that bacteria to culture..... I actually pondered that when I was using it.

HiFiGanja

ya I also used potassium bicarbonate sprays but those I used on the foliage.

will be cool to see if you can get that bacteria to culture..... I actually pondered that when I was using it.

Although I haven't ordered it for a while there is Serenade concentrate in Canada in the reddish bottles. Presonaly when I used it, it didn't work.

troutman

Seed Whore
I'm on Plan B now: :laughing:

I got too anxious and used hydrogen peroxide 2 weeks ago and probably killed everything.
Some pots seemed cleaned from the fungus and others were lingering. Hence the hasty
hydrogen peroxide usage.

I'll try the Natria product again this Summer outdoors though.

But for now I'm on an urgent seed reproduction and can't mess these plants up due to
some stupid fungus or molds. So last week, I ordered 2 potassium bicarbonate bottles
with 2 ounces in each and got them today. I get a feeling this will work better indoors
than that bacteria spray. I actually got a little sick when I used it because I sprayed
that Natria stuff like crazy while getting the walls of the tent even.

I've just sent my plants into flowering a few days ago and know if I don't get this
under control I will have huge problems later on. Anyways I got my stuff a a beer
making place and it only took a few days to get it.

This:

http://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/Potassium_Bicarbonate_2_OZ_p/potassiumbicarbonate.htm

I'll get a big bag of it on Ebay later on to make sure I have some from now on.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

s
[/FONT]

Limeygreen

Veteran
Bacillus subtilis works best when used preventatively, extremely low pressure and applied weekly, it works well when combined with potassium bicarbonate. I cannot give you a rate for cannabis but have used it on vegetables with huge success.

Watching for huge swings in humidity and temperature and dialing them in will help as well, avoiding cold drafts or air coming in also will help.

If you're just flowering for seed and not for consuming the flowers at all, no smoking no eating no oil or hashish, you could spray with microscopic sulfur every week and it will remain clean but not good if you plan to ingest it in any form.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
What are the LP's using for powdery mildew control here in Canada? I imagine they must have PM problems growing indicas on such a large scale. Anyone have any insight?

troutman

Seed Whore
I don't have a clue what LP's are using and I suspect they would tell you they don't use nothing.
Because they are the best growers in the World and only their cannabis is safe to smoke. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I only got this problem because I grew multiple crops back to back and never really cleaned up in between.
It's the 1st time I encounter this problem and overwatering early on didn't help matters. Using an untested
soil brand because I couldn't get my favorite soil I used all Summer long didn't help. It's the last time I use
untested soil for anything of value or not clean in between grows.

I don't consider potassium bicarbonate as something toxic to plants or humans anyway when used in moderation.

Last edited:

Limeygreen

Veteran
I believe the only registered chemicals are milstop and actinovate, both preventative and I personally wouldn't waste time on actinovate unless you are having problems with botrytis on strawberry fruits.

Tynehead Tom

I don't have a clue what LP's are using and I suspect they would tell you they don't use nothing.
Because they are the best growers in the World and only their cannabis is safe to smoke. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I can ask a senior grower at an active LP, he'll tell me. Next time I'm on the coast I'll pay him a visit.

as for myself, I don't like to spray flowers with anything and will pull plants before i would smoke anything with active molds.
I had a furry brown mold developing on lower main branch nodes and controlled that with Natria and potassium carbonate.
90% of my crop made it to harvest in my greenhouse with zero bud mold and no powdery mildew. i say 90% because I had to pull 2 or 3 big plants early in flower rather than screw around with trying to fix them as they were hit the hardest/earliest. Once i detected the problems , the sprays did a great job of saving the crop. Again, I sprayed only the stems and branches , not the leaves or flower sites.

zizration

I can ask a senior grower at an active LP, he'll tell me. Next time I'm on the coast I'll pay him a visit.

some of them lately have been caught using nova and similar products. PM is no joke. if you are about to enter flower and you have pm present you are in for a rough ride. have you considered burning sulfar at all? i went through a lot of millstop in the month of december. it kind of works..

zizration

the key is pm resistant strains. i had 5 strains side by side. there was one strain in there that didn't get any PM at all. one strain got it worse than the others, the other 3 got the pm but it was controllable. unfortunately 80% of my room was the strain that was most affected by the pm. huge offing bummer. guess which strain I'm growing now..:)

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
the key is pm resistant strains. i had 5 strains side by side. there was one strain in there that didn't get any PM at all. one strain got it worse than the others, the other 3 got the pm but it was controllable. unfortunately 80% of my room was the strain that was most affected by the pm. huge offing bummer. guess which strain I'm growing now..:)

You are right. I find the Hindu Kush family really susceptible to PM, as are many indicas. The problem is tryin to find a nice medicinal indica that is resistant to PM.

Anyone out the know of any pure indicas that are resistant to PM? All the resistance to PM seems to come from sativas. Where are those PM resistant indicas?