What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How's this girl look..

Wismo

Probably have some kind of an issue going on I see some purple stems check her out let me know what you think.
So much to learn.

Attachments

• IMG_20180714_140831716.jpg
    IMG_20180714_140831716.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20180714_140826319.jpg
    IMG_20180714_140826319.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20180714_140820477.jpg
    IMG_20180714_140820477.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 21

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
You will need to provide a little more information for realistic responses. Some times purple is good, strain dependent and some times purple is bad, environmental: what strain?, how old is it? light? etc..
EDIT: is that water you are spraying on or is it sweat?

al70

Veteran
They look like shit at the moment to be honest, droopy, do i see white spots on the leaves ?, some closeup shots of the leaves will tell a better story, better get moving, goodluck

Wismo

Girl scout glue. Water I srayed on her.
Light is full spectrum led.
I had pH issue due to not thinking to calibrate pH meter often.
Been doing foxfarm bottle nutes..
Gave p k booster beastie bloomz thinking I had a deficiency, probably most likely a lockout.
In all truth I probably been over doing it on the nutes.

Dankwolf

Gave p k booster beastie bloomz thinking I had a deficiency, probably most likely a lockout.

Sounds like you have your answer .....

Like poster above i saw what looked like mites ?

I have seen vary few strains with purple stems 1 in 1000
So i would say stress . Intill you have more experiance i would sugest using a good/exeptable go to store bought soil ie roots organics or some rhing simaler and ther nutraint line at half strangth following there schedule. After you get the basics then play with peramiters ie : whoo juices ,growing boster lol.

Its hard to see what your doing if plant is allready unhealthy. Hope it helps :tiphat:

al70

Veteran

any pics o the leaves ?

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
She does look locked out and i'd say next time do an organic soil mix.. with a nice peaty well draining soil base and bone/blood/kelp/dolomitic lime/guano/worm shit and shit (etc).. A ratio with slightly more N to PK in Veg and P to NK in flower,

I was never impressed with the fox farm nutrients either especially the beastie bloomz/cha ching crap that made the bud taste/smell samey despite any extra weight or crystals. I decided it was a bad philosophy to try and force any and every plant to drink that shite, Just let them and the bacteria decide so you just add clean water.

Last edited:

Wismo

She does look locked out and i'd say next time do an organic soil mix.. with a nice peaty well draining soil base and bone/blood/kelp/dolomitic lime/guano/worm shit and shit (etc).. A ratio with slightly more N to PK in Veg and P to NK in flower,

I was never impressed with the fox farm nutrients either especially the beastie bloomz/cha ching crap that made the bud taste/smell samey despite any extra weight or crystals. I decided it was a bad philosophy to try and force any and every plant to drink that shite, Just let them and the bacteria decide so you just add clean water.
yeah my kids always done organic he kind of frowned upon me when I started fox farm.

MrBungle

Organic is fine and dandy, but don't waste what you already invested in..... beastie blooms was the wrong one to use, thats only to be used during flower..... its Big Bloom that you want to use.. they consider it to be a plant tonic of sorts... That's why they want you to use a bunch of it at a time through out the grow

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hi Wismo,

It sure is hard to tell what's up from those pics. The lighting and slightly out of focus. No worries a pic is better than none. So here goes..

The plant is in veg stage so there are no need for bloom boosters. You want to use the bloom boosters week 3-6 of flowering.

The first step is going to be flushing out that soil really well and then feeding with the grow big at 25% of what's recommended on the bottle. No need for any other bottles or additives at this point.

Second you want to check the plant really well for bugs, it looks like some decent spider mite pressure on the lowest leaves. I'm guessing the room is running pretty hot? Spider mites love hot and dry.

Now what pH are you watering with? It looks like the pH is too high causing a Mg deficiency. pH 6.5-6.8 for soil. You can correct this by adding a teaspoon of Epsom salts to a liter of water and spraying the plant. From there on, pH to proper range every watering.

Good luck, let us know how it responds.

Dankwolf

Hi Wismo,

It sure is hard to tell what's up from those pics. The lighting and slightly out of focus. No worries a pic is better than none. So here goes..

The plant is in veg stage so there are no need for bloom boosters. You want to use the bloom boosters week 3-6 of flowering.

The first step is going to be flushing out that soil really well and then feeding with the grow big at 25% of what's recommended on the bottle. No need for any other bottles or additives at this point.

Second you want to check the plant really well for bugs, it looks like some decent spider mite pressure on the lowest leaves. I'm guessing the room is running pretty hot? Spider mites love hot and dry.

Now what pH are you watering with? It looks like the pH is too high causing a Mg deficiency. pH 6.5-6.8 for soil. You can correct this by adding a teaspoon of Epsom salts to a liter of water and spraying the plant. From there on, pH to proper range every watering.

This

Wismo

Hi Wismo,

well for starters I was using a PK booster because I thought I had a deficiency as a plant was dying from the bottom up

now when I flush do I flush and then right away add grow big or do I wait until the plant is dried out and then feed it.

Bugs as far as bugs go I have spider mites I've had them for a while two spotted and a red type of spider mite they driving me nuts.

I was thinking I was pH in my water to 6. 5 but when I checked the calibration of my meter in all reality I was pH into 7. 0.

Also my room is running pretty hot about 80°.

By the way I just want to thank everybody for the help