What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Female Seeds C99

sherm

Hey lucid life
thanks .I am checking it out now .they have a lot of really good beans . delivery looks to be really fast as well .I cant wait till im ready to make another order .
thanks again Lucid life
Sherm!!

No problem Sherm! I got my Female Seeds c99 from Seed Supreme. Shipping was fast and they have guaranteed delivery. But that was before the Brothers Grim was available. I would definitely fork over the extra cash for the Grim's ;)

Can anyone tell me what might be causing this? I'm thinking cal/mag deficiency but not 100% sure. I'm growing in coco and think I might have let it dry too much between waterings.

GoatCheese

Veteran
<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67078&pictureid=1627701" target="_blank">View Image Can anyone tell me what might be causing this? I'm thinking cal/mag deficiency but not 100% sure. I'm growing in coco and think I might have let it dry too much between waterings.

Coco is a hydro-medium and should not be treated like soil. You have to keep coco fairly moist all the time.

Under-watering plants during flowering, especially under hot hps-lights, damages leaves quite fast, so before any huge changes, first flush properly with ph adjusted water/light nute sollution so that the coco gets really wet.
Then let them dry out abit, a day or so..(depends on pot size), and then start watering them more often and get your basics together (ph, ec/ppm of nutes, room temps and so on).

Here's a cool info thread about hand-watering-coco ...even if you have drip system there's good info in there.

the Hand Watering coco thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=46490

If the problem gets worse, ask the coco-guys @ the coco-subfoum here at icmag, i have only few coco-grows under my belt so not an expert.

+++

Female Seeds' C99 used to be really good when i grew it 10 years ago. ..haven't tried the new version (different parents), but what i've seen from photos, they look quite nice.

Uchi Mata

Female Seeds C99 was my first grow! It's some really good smoke. I later ran Mosca BX-1, Frost Brothers Pineapple F4, and Trichome Jungle F3 and none of them stood up to Female Seeds version. My favorite pheno was the spicy one.

Still want to buy packs of every C99 on the market and do an open pollination for a strong, fast pineapple pheno hunt.

I can really smell the Jack Herrer coming through now, but with a sharp ,sweet pineapple scent. Can't wait to see how she tastes! Hey Uchi Mata do the indica leaning pheno's yield better?

Uchi Mata

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67078&pictureid=1628575&thumb=1]View Image[/url] I can really smell the Jack Herrer coming through now, but with a sharp ,sweet pineapple scent. Can't wait to see how she tastes! Hey Uchi Mata do the indica leaning pheno's yield better?

Can't say for sure. I grew them out in a DIY fluoro thing made out of two giant rubbermaids so yield was negligible :biggrin: All I knew about phenos at the time was that some smelled and tasted different than others.

Joint Lock

I can tell u what those marks are on those leafs as I grew the GN 03 C99 for 7 yrs . Shes short on magnesium and shes a mag hog . Keep her magnesium up and she wont do that . C99 is the most magnesium hogging strain ive seen in my time. Which is 17yrs with retail genetics. I prefer the GF phenos over pineapple

I'm thinking this might be a better yielding pheno. She is getting some seriously fat tops :)
That Jack Herrer smell is really dominating now

I'm also watering / feeding every day now. Glad I went with the coco that had less pearlite or I might have to water twice a day!

DoDad

I'm also watering / feeding every day now. Glad I went with the coco that had less perlite or I might have to water twice a day!

Right. Straight perlite needs a lot of water. I run dutch buckets with perlite only so it's being watered 24/7. Otherwise, it would be near impossible.

You might remember, the original Hempy bucket was 75% Perlite 25% Vermiculite, but some found 50/50 worked even better.

The Coco hempy was the next evolution of the Hempy bucket and is still a good way to go for passive hydro.

My method just works, I don't do much at all. I add water to the main rez once every 2 weeks or so and raise my lights and chop.

Dutch buckets are even easier than the Hempy because with Hempys you need to water at least every few days.

With Dutch buckets, you water every 2 weeks or so.

Lucky 7

I've grown this strain as well as gypsys and G13s version . . . I've got 2 going outdoors now. Certainly no complaints . . . I will order these from female seems again, as they seem a tad better than g13. No ceiling, no heavy head, it just slowly fades away. Easy to grow, very fast, Big yielder . . . Smoke a little or a lot . . .

DoDad

No ceiling, no heavy head, it just slowly fades away. Easy to grow, very fast, Big yielder . . . Smoke a little or a lot . . .

I agree with all of that. It's famous for a reason and after a year or so of running it, I see why.

It's also at the top of many peoples Low odor list. It's also at the top of many peoples wake and bake strains. It's a hard strain to improve on.

If you wanted to run something similar that finishes even faster, Sex bud does finish a week or more earlier for sure.

FS claims Sex bud finishes earlier than their regular C99 and I can confirm it does but I didn't find SB to produce as well.

I only ran 1 free seed of SB so it could have been the pheno, but after several clones from it, SB for sure was the first to finish every time. SB is REALLY fast. 6-7 weeks from flip. Really...

SB was also a shorter plant making it good for indoor height restrictive grows. Regular c99 finishes at 40" and SB was way less.

I also ran a couple of other strains in the last few years, but none of them really checked all the boxes of the fs c99.

I run all fs c99 now and from same $25 I spent on seeds 2 years ago. Price wise, they are a good bargain.

militia420

I'm running 3 feminized c99 right now. Popped em a few days ago.

Here's a question for every one who has every grown any c99, Brothers Grimm, Gypsy, Mosca, Peaks, etc.

What is the tallest you've ever been able to get the plant in vegetative before either it went auto-flower, or you put it into flower? AND what is the tallest c99 you've ever had finish in flowering? What have been the max yields for a single large plant? I'm just trying to do some projections here.

I get the impression no one has had a very tall one or necessarily pushed for size. Please respond especially if you've managed to get a finished one over 4ft tall.

militia420

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=68375&pictureid=1624169View Image Moscas grows slow.. Very slow. Here is one paired next to a vanilla kush, same age

The single female Mosca c99 f1 I have going has a distinctly thicker stalk than other c99 I've grown (orig. BG and my own IBL of BG up to f4s). The odor and leaves are spot on. Fruity odor is addictive. I can't say I noticed a difference in rate of growth. My Mosca seems to be a little faster than the one f4 I have going, but I burned the latter with guano sooo not a proper comparison.

militia420

where do you get ur beans from?

I still have my own IBL f4 seeds from original BG line purchases at heaven's stairway and Gypsy. Had to take a break from growing due to health. Messed up on seed storage. Only 1 female going out of 1000s attempted to pop (have about 1000 left I'm slowing going through trying different things and trying to replicate what I did to get the other one to pop, which included soaking beans on a full moon night).

Got back up f4s from Peaks seeds. The 3 plants going now look very much like the others I've grown from 2000-2010. Haven't flowered em yet. Peaks has 2 phenos, a sweet fruity one (the one I'm running now but haven't flowered), and a "spicy" one, which is likely more hazy smelling based on my experience with the inbreeding I did for 10 years.

Got 1 female Mosca C99 f1. Smells just like the originals. Overall growth and structure the same, other than the stalk being thicker. Haven't smoked yet.

Got other Mosca C99 Bx and f1 from seedbay care package. Also got the feminized c99, but they are 3 day old seeds. I'll report on my experiences with all if you want to keep an eye on my gallery/journal.

Not sure about the viability of the Bx and f1, as my previous order of Mosca c99 f1s yielded only 1 viable seed, which is female. Will try to start them soon since I know they are old. May have to run them as bonsai's though as I will be moving in the next so many months.

So, myself own old stock, Peaks and Seedbay are my sources.

Latest posts

Latest posts