What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who uses a vaporizer...

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I like the idea of the EQ but that little wand hose is too small..

It is pretty short, but I put another 14 mm elbow on the other end and it fits right in my waterpipe. No bag, and cooled vapor. The fan assist helps a great deal too. :woohoo:

Koondense

Veteran
@snook
Yeah, most portables are garbage but be sure the Grasshopper and few other top portables are way better than most not so top performing desktops.
For example the GH hits better than a extremeQ.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
It is pretty short, but I put another 14 mm elbow on the other end and it fits right in my waterpipe. No bag, and cooled vapor. The fan assist helps a great deal too. :woohoo:
what type of elbow?? a pic maybe?? EDIT: and I meant the diameter of the hose is too small, not too short..

hazyfontazy

Veteran
You're probably right, but maybe the balloon style isn't the best for everyone, for example I love to vape on demand and take a hit directly.
Perhaps the Plenty could do the job in a different way.

I'm sure if I was buying a non portable vape I would prefer the Plenty over the Volcano.

the plenty is great and portable and probably will suit you ,,the best thing i like about ballon systems is you can see what you are consuming and dosing is easier ,,best way is buy them both and a mighty or crafty for out and about :tiphat:

hazyfontazy

Veteran
if buying a portable get 1 with a good warranty ,,storz and bickle offer no quibble warranty and even pay postage ,,my mate just sent his mighty back due to plastic breaking and button sticking ,,it was nearly 3 years old ,,he emailed asking how much to fix and they emailed back and said its free and attached a return ups label to the email ,,1 week later he's got a brand new unit ,,excellent customer service

Hooter

CBD THC vaporize at different temps. You dial in the temp and extract the type of high you want. Turn it all the way up 430. Much like smoking a joint not as harsh. The high is mello and instant you get mild rush that is so nice. But if. You want to get ripped and not use a lot of bud it might not be for you. I'll never go back.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
CBD THC vaporize at different temps. You dial in the temp and extract the type of high you want. Turn it all the way up 430. Much like smoking a joint not as harsh. The high is mello and instant you get mild rush that is so nice. But if. You want to get ripped and not use a lot of bud it might not be for you. I'll never go back.

And that's the reason why I love my volcano vaporizer. Except for me I still get ripped and don't have to use a lot of bud to get a great buzz.

Herb Masta

Interesting. I'm curious to hear what everyone's preferred temperatures are? I agree it definently depends on what vape your using. With my Pulsar APX I need higher temps, but with the Airvape xs 375 F produces good vapor. I do bump it up sometimes later at night though.

It really depends on what you want to achieve.

Aside from your strain the temperature is one of the main factors that will decide the effects of your vapor.

General guideline:

• Up till 356°F(180°C): Very light mostly mental medication and best for flavor;
  • 356°F(180°C) – 392°F(200°C): Great flavor with good medication level, bodily effects will be more apparent;
  • 392°F(200°C) and up: very strong level of medication, heavy bodily effects.

The higher you go, the more certain types of terpenoids and CBN will get released which have a sedative effect.

Also realize that when you go above 392°F(200°C), you risk inhaling benzene, which is a carcinogen.

Also certain vaporizers have way more accurate temp control, than others.

Here's a full guide on vaping temperatures:

https://www.herbonaut.com/best-temperature-to-vape-weed/

hazyfontazy

Veteran
just bought a boundless cf portable for holiday use ,,pretty much the same as a crafty ,,they do the cfx too which is similiar to mighty ,,,
pros so far ,half the price of the crafty ,heats up very fast less than 20 seconds ,,nice sized bowl ,,works great
cons ,none so far

Galaxy420

It really depends on what you want to achieve.

Aside from your strain the temperature is one of the main factors that will decide the effects of your vapor.

General guideline:

• Up till 356°F(180°C): Very light mostly mental medication and best for flavor;

• 356°F(180°C) – 392°F(200°C): Great flavor with good medication level, bodily effects will be more apparent;

• 392°F(200°C) and up: very strong level of medication, heavy bodily effects.

The higher you go, the more certain types of terpenoids and CBN will get released which have a sedative effect.

Also realize that when you go above 392°F(200°C), you risk inhaling benzene, which is a carcinogen.

Also certain vaporizers have way more accurate temp control, than others.

Here's a full guide on vaping temperatures:

https://www.herbonaut.com/best-temperature-to-vape-weed/

even the highest heat resistant compounds would release with enough heated air flow in the vaporizer... it just takes more air time but it will happen

Herb Masta

even the highest heat resistant compounds would release with enough heated air flow in the vaporizer... it just takes more air time but it will happen

Yes, that's definitely true. But the speed at which they release and the THC to CBN, linalool and α-terpineol ratio will be skewed towards CBN, linalool and α-terpineol at higher temperatures.

But this is of course all dependent on your specific strain and whether it contains a relatively high % of these compounds anyway.

If you test any Indica strain, you'll see the higher you go, the stronger the bodily effects will be. This doesn't mean there's absolutely no CBN, linalool and α-terpineol present at lower temperatures though.

Galaxy420

Yes, that's definitely true. But the speed at which they release and the THC to CBN, linalool and α-terpineol ratio will be skewed towards CBN, linalool and α-terpineol at higher temperatures.

But this is of course all dependent on your specific strain and whether it contains a relatively high % of these compounds anyway.

If you test any Indica strain, you'll see the higher you go, the stronger the bodily effects will be. This doesn't mean there's absolutely no CBN, linalool and α-terpineol present at lower temperatures though.

WoW! great post! cave man discovered fire we discovered vaporizers! precise fire!

BudToaster

Veteran
took this pix the other day and thought i'd post it here - should have done it on 4th of July, in a fit of patriotic synchronicity, but i got high instead ...

picture.php
picture.php

Drewsif

Lookin toasty there!

Vaping kills social smoking. I've had friends tell me "I prefer to taste my weed" Im like wtf, you prefer tasting hot tar plant matter that reminds me of trying to burn wet leaves in the fall... Even give them the first hit, bags, etc.. Some say they cant taste it, plenty do. Then they roll a poor hitting J and Im the one complaining..

Some people just can't taste terps, only the smoke. The same ones who get high from oxygen deprivation. .

But yeah, even the green hit out of a clean spoon is pushing it.. I cringe. It happened immediately after I bought my first $10 vape. I can still smoke joints enough to get high, if I have to, but roaches now go in the trash. Yuck!

Its true, vaping ruins smoking. Til your in jail splitting reggie pinners with 2 cell mates and getting higher than you've ever been...

Now hash is a different story. Thats what Cannabis was bred for. Give me some Algerian any day all day I won't bat an eye. They'd laughat Americans if they knew people smoke the whole plant.

inbetween

Yes i've use a vape for the last year or so, even helped me give up the tobacco after 20+ years.. I went for the aromed 4, more medicinal and less party type vape machine. Best thing i reckon with this machine if you get the heat right through the vaping you can take the buds straight off your plant growing in the garden :) same goes for other herbs for other medicinal needs like, mint, vervain, sage and rosemary etc

Buddyy

my 2c....

I got a Storm vape pen about a month ago. I don't understand.. how come some people say they use less weed and some people say they use more weed when they vape compared to combusting?

I'm definitely in the MORE camp. The chamber takes a good 3-4 bong hits which I fill up and then puff on for 5min. It gives a lighter buzz especially on the lower temps. If I want to get stoned during the day vape is good because I don't feel tired after it wears off. Another thing is my eyes don't get as red when I vape. And also I feel it is easier to communicate and function than when I combust. In the evening I usually smoke bongs. If I were to smoke the amount that goes into the chamber though a bong I would be very stoned and couch locked.

I like both.

SmokeKush4

What I notice is that smoking is just so much stronger, I always vape and seem to of lost my tolerance for smoking! Always get too high when I smoke now

RB56

Veteran
if buying a portable get 1 with a good warranty ,,storz and bickle offer no quibble warranty and even pay postage ,,my mate just sent his mighty back due to plastic breaking and button sticking ,,it was nearly 3 years old ,,he emailed asking how much to fix and they emailed back and said its free and attached a return ups label to the email ,,1 week later he's got a brand new unit ,,excellent customer service
Man, I was 100% ready to pull the trigger on a Mighty when a review on the purchase site caught my eye. Started looking around and saw similar stories on other sites. The complaint is that S&B went from having the best CS around to having one of the worst. People described issues like the case cracking from heat being called "normal wear and tear" by S&B with warranty service declined. I suppose this could be an orchestrated campaign by a competitor but the issues that were refused were all different. Bought a Boundless CFX instead. Mighty is too expensive to take a chance on, IMO.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
Man, I was 100% ready to pull the trigger on a Mighty when a review on the purchase site caught my eye. Started looking around and saw similar stories on other sites. The complaint is that S&B went from having the best CS around to having one of the worst. People described issues like the case cracking from heat being called "normal wear and tear" by S&B with warranty service declined. I suppose this could be an orchestrated campaign by a competitor but the issues that were refused were all different. Bought a Boundless CFX instead. Mighty is too expensive to take a chance on, IMO.

i got the boundless cf a few months ago ,,imo better than the crafty and i'd imagine that the cfx is better than the mighty too ,i think the technology is better on the boundless ,heat up time is fantastic and saves so much battery power. i love mine :huggg:

RB56

Veteran
i got the boundless cf a few months ago ,,imo better than the crafty and i'd imagine that the cfx is better than the mighty too ,i think the technology is better on the boundless ,heat up time is fantastic and saves so much battery power. i love mine :huggg:
Only had the CFX since yesterday but it is testing very well :D My Arizer Solo and Air taste better but the CFX is significantly better in every other way. Battery life and power are amazing. 10 second heat up time. I can put a joint's worth of weed in the thing and take it to work. Be awesome if the plastic taste goes away.

Latest posts

Latest posts