What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RdWc--SuPeRleMoNhAzE--with clones

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
i think you sould lose 70% of the leafs at this point. there is light wasted on them , when it should be helping the iner flowers. Plus i think a small shok by cuting the leaves would increase the amount of thc as a defence from the plant against the animals and insects that it thinks are eating it. imo allways.
chin.gif

i dont think is a good idea in that stage...i never done defol in 50+day..
you done it with good resuilts?? i would like to know if defoliation
works in that stage of flowering:)

ohhh that buds is delicius tjo.its your second grow in hydro?

thanks man:)..this is my second grow with slh and my 5 grow in
rdwc..i made 2 single buckets dwc in the past just for compare with soil and after that, never touch soil again!:blowbubbles:

59 days

no big buds, like the other time..nothing fancy and really big!
this is my first real scrog so im not complain for nothing..
the small buds are so many and maybe this is the point of scrog!
the last few days the problem with the leaves is bigger and i dont know the answer of my problem..prechaps the EC is high
for them..i begin with max 1,2 and after the first signs i make it
any way i have some photos for my small closet...
small white nugs everywhere...good or bad???
the history will show...:wave:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sup Tjo Nice screen! Your right smaller buds but more of em is how scrog gets great yield numbers. You leaf prob looks like nute burn or you may want to double check ph. Maybe your pen needs calibrating? Still they look ok Good job Tjo!

Jeeyah

I have the same thing in my first scrog. Using slh and the buds look smaller than usual. Burnt leaf tips too. haha

F

ftsig

i dont think is a good idea in that stage...i never done defol in 50+day..
you done it with good resuilts?? i would like to know if defoliation
works in that stage of flowering:)

yes i do it about 2 weeks before finish and it helps the lower flowers alot. Pick two that look alot and test it, so you know next time. Leave the one to finish as is now, an take 70% of the leaves ofthe other one and then compare.
Grow looks yammy yammy:headbange

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
Sup Tjo Nice screen! Your right smaller buds but more of em is how scrog gets great yield numbers. You leaf prob looks like nute burn or you may want to double check ph. Maybe your pen needs calibrating? Still they look ok Good job Tjo!

thank ya critter!
leaf prob is not nute burn but wrong ph..every second day i have to add 15ml ph up and maybe this brings the water in toxic levels..
i dont know shit..

I have the same thing in my first scrog. Using slh and the buds look smaller than usual. Burnt leaf tips too. haha

you have any photos?? are you satisfied with the yield of slh?

Nice grow man. Looks like they're filling in nicely. Can't wait to see them when they're done.

thanks for passing by, man.. and all slh lovers
wave.gif

yes i do it about 2 weeks before finish and it helps the lower flowers alot. Pick two that look alot and test it, so you know next time. Leave the one to finish as is now, an take 70% of the leaves ofthe other one and then compare.
Grow looks yammy yammy:headbange

i dont have such space for experiment but im gonna give it a try
with my best plant..:)

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
hey there tjo- great looking grow and fantastic post. i did a start to finish and picked up a few tips for my girls. i'm 4 weeks in veg from seed. i do 5 gal dwc and have 2 sativa phenos and 1 broader leaf pheno thats eating and growing like crazy. the 2 that resemble yours continue with some clawing and twisted leaves even with an ec of.6/330ppm

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
hey there tjo- great looking grow and fantastic post. i did a start to finish and picked up a few tips for my girls. i'm 4 weeks in veg from seed. i do 5 gal dwc and have 2 sativa phenos and 1 broader leaf pheno thats eating and growing like crazy. the 2 that resemble yours continue with some clawing and twisted leaves even with an ec of.6/330ppm

im glad you like it man.:thank you:
first time i saw strain that needs such low ec..next time i go
with lower ec like 0,8 max.. this time i had 1,2 max and the
signs of overfert are visible..

yesterday i begin the flash with some clearex..
im thinkink for 8-9 days..basically i want to see my leaves getting yellow, something i miss the last time because of the mold..also i believe that this round will be much better for quality
and quantity..all my stems are full of trichs and the lower buds are dense and hard..
LUMATEK works fine compare with the magnetic and i can see
the different in the tops..

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
66 dayz
second day of flush..

im all ears about the yield...what do ya all think??
im on for the 0,5g/w or not?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:wave:

F

ftsig

if you mean you are hoping to get 600 g i think you r going to be disappointed. i would guess 200 dry maybe 300. i hope i am wrong... but then again 300 g of top quality superlemonhaze inst something to be disappointed with....

Scrogerman

Veteran
Theres a fair few Oz's hidden in that canopy that we cant see. id say you'll hit '20oz's+' give or take a couple Oz's. It can be decieving with a Scrog. yeah Tjo, more smaller buds is one of the main points about Scrog, Less colas = bigger buds, more colas smaller buds, as a general rule. Thers way more than 2-300g's there, seen it all before.

I think your best yield yet is on its way to you Tjo, enjoy bro! top job mate!¬)

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
if you mean you are hoping to get 600 g i think you r going to be disappointed. i would guess 200 dry maybe 300. i hope i am wrong... but then again 300 g of top quality superlemonhaze inst something to be disappointed with....

not im just hoping..im almost sure:)
in my x grow i had 550g harvest with many problems and many
dead spots..aucourse i ve had higher wattage and longer veg
period..

lets compare 2 photos

70 days flower

picture.php

^
this grow was from seeds-no special phenos- and it took me
almost 125 days and my wattage in flower was 1600w.
this grow gave me as i said 550g dry bud..not demi wet;)!

67 days flower

picture.php

^
this grow was from clones-2 phenos- and it took me
100 days from rooted clone and my wattage is 1200w
1 magnetic+1 lumatek..

any thoughts?
:tiphat:

Scrogerman

Veteran
Id be dissapointed with anything less than 20oz's myself, ive seen canopys like that hit 20 no problems, maybe 15oz primo & 5 oz of very very decent pops! Not a bother T bro, you watch those scales bend with those little dense nugs ;)
better penetration allround imo! thats the beauty of ScrOG! all of it gets a chance.(the right strain is paramount though)

Theres at least 2-3 oz of decent you cant see in that pic. All cured(after several months), yes ok i can see around the 15 mark imo, its more than that though imo, 1200w Scrog, 600g's easy as piss & i can see it there all day!

Last edited:

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
Id be dissapointed with anything less than 20oz's myself, ive seen canopys like that hit 20 no problems, maybe 15oz primo & 5 oz of very very decent pops! Not a bother T bro, you watch those scales bend with those little dense nugs ;)
better penetration allround imo! thats the beauty of ScrOG! all of it gets a chance.(the right strain is paramount though)

Theres at least 2-3 oz of decent you cant see in that pic. All cured(after several months), yes ok i can see around the 15 mark imo, its more than that though imo, 1200w Scrog, 600g's easy as piss & i can see it there all day!

i believe 20 oz..no less!!!!
thanks for encourage my friend!:)

and some photos

69 days

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

lol

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

erwingruber

Hola tjo ,

Good days with jars full of fine quality bud are coming for you once again.
You are not trying to give us some photos below the canopy so we can add this weight too.

I don't know how hard is the buds of the SLH too , but i will vote for 21+ oz
just because i want to win and i believe that many small buds outyield few large
buds in weight and quality.

I notice that you are talking for good dried bud in some of the previous posts
i am curing based on the simons thread "a perfect cure every time" and i weight
my buds before they go to the jars.Inside the jars the humidity is between 55%-65%
and most of the time between 57%-62% .The last jar (4 liter) that i pack weighted buds
137 grams @ 55% RH after 1+ month curing weights 131 grams .

Unfortunatly even if the buds is dry or semi wet they are not enough and after this
devastating harvest we f_ _ ked up our summer months cause probably we are going to run Agust with empty jars :(

now questions

I would like you ideas about the mistakes that make my harvest this time maybe no more
than 100-130 grams with 12 plants !!!!!

Maybe this round i will try with 4 plants only again and try the scrog once more time and i would like your opinion on plant count.

Shiva Skunk is trully unigue but i will order something new.You mention abou BOG seeds
is there any special reasons for telling me this ?

i am between

Chocolope
http://dnagenetics.myshopify.com/products/chocolope

and

The OG #18
http://dnagenetics.myshopify.com/products/the-og-18

but i need heavy yielders too cause our jars feed me and my partner .

Do you have any suggestions ?

Enjoy your jars ;)

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
Hola tjo ,

Good days with jars full of fine quality bud are coming for you once again.
You are not trying to give us some photos below the canopy so we can add this weight too.

I don't know how hard is the buds of the SLH too , but i will vote for 21+ oz
just because i want to win and i believe that many small buds outyield few large
buds in weight and quality.

I notice that you are talking for good dried bud in some of the previous posts
i am curing based on the simons thread "a perfect cure every time" and i weight
my buds before they go to the jars.Inside the jars the humidity is between 55%-65%
and most of the time between 57%-62% .The last jar (4 liter) that i pack weighted buds
137 grams @ 55% RH after 1+ month curing weights 131 grams .

Unfortunatly even if the buds is dry or semi wet they are not enough and after this
devastating harvest we f_ _ ked up our summer months cause probably we are going to run Agust with empty jars :(

now questions

I would like you ideas about the mistakes that make my harvest this time maybe no more
than 100-130 grams with 12 plants !!!!!

Maybe this round i will try with 4 plants only again and try the scrog once more time and i would like your opinion on plant count.

Shiva Skunk is trully unigue but i will order something new.You mention abou BOG seeds
is there any special reasons for telling me this ?

i am between

Chocolope
http://dnagenetics.myshopify.com/products/chocolope

and

The OG #18
http://dnagenetics.myshopify.com/products/the-og-18

but i need heavy yielders too cause our jars feed me and my partner .

Do you have any suggestions ?

Enjoy your jars ;)

hola bro:tiphat:
yes propably im gonna need some more jars..lol:blowbubbles:
im not taken photo from below because is a jungle down there..
i made not trimm at all below the screen and as you imagine
the growth is not stopping in dwc..
dry bud i mean the bud who crack with the finger-not the grinder-
i know that loose some weight after some time but is very few
g' s..
about the lemon now, the buds are hard and solid like a stone!
not airy hazy buds like the ssh i had in the past...
21 oz?? xmmm from your mouth 2 god ears!!

about the bog strains i dont know shit..but i know there almost
all good with a focus in BOGLEGUM. i ve read many good post
about this strain and has for sure good yield...
also if you search you will find good reviews and for the
chocolope but that all..
any way one for sure is that i try in the future some bog
strain..:wave:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice to see your room full again with killer buds :dance013:

btw....chocolope is some good shit man!smoked at the grey area in the Dam.Really a good pot.

I'll let you know about the BOG stuff ;)

F

ftsig

obviusly i am wrong

obviusly i am wrong

reading the next post i realise i am obviusly wrong in my prediction. maby because slh has much denser buds than the strains i have had. the good thing is i am wrong with 300 and the right ones are with 500. so you are heading for alot of super stuff. by the way what r the dimensions of your grow cabinet?