What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoor in Scotland ??

R

rocky5

hey there lads looks like i have found my land
so i will be joining you all next year if thats ok.

there are loads of nettles and thistles around
for cover.
the land goes like this as far as the eye can see.

rocky5

sorry to hear about the mould but thyre lookin mighty fine u should have a good harvest
be safe bringin em in

rocky looks like a couple of great sites theyre m8

rocket high

Veteran
dont you just hate mold jgp... so the fresian is a good strain for scotand ..thats got to be good news huh ...well done :)

JGP

Nice too see your joining us Rocky, your location looks amazing for light and breeze :)

Rocket i'd say Timewarp grows good up here the fresian is good too although a little late at finishing.I plan on trying some HFH stuff next year as it's been bred for our high lats.

R

rocky5

i have got my cheesehead autos soaking in water right now
im going to pick the best male and female and let them get their groove on
see if i can get a load of seeds for next year and i will flower out the rest
indoors,the timeing should be just right for them to fit into my grow
but we shall see.
cant wait to get things moving along lads,hope you all have good harvests.

i came in this morning and the wife said she found a half ounce
of kc 36 which i had hidden in the kitchen cupboard and forgot.
i cant smoke it for a week as i have a drug test,its been cured for about
2-3 months now and i will be looking forward to that nice little suprise.
sorry had to tell someone.

rocky5

R

rocky5

nice 1 rocky what a find

good luck with your seed run ,im thinking of doing a sour60, m15 one myself soon

good luck with your adventures mate,
im going to take a soil sample over there and see how
it is but i suspect it may be acidic as its old peat bog
area that got cut/farmed back in the day.

the problems im anticipating are deer,rabits and marouding
cattle/sheep.
if the soil is off i will start hauling a bag over every so often
there is a river near so i will take containers over aswell
and make a qashe for them.
get the rambo sh-- going on,might get a decent camera as a bit of cover.

the sour60 sounds good,who is the mi5 done by?

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
good stuff jgp! expect hfh material for your conditions on sb soon at grower fair prices

rocket high

Veteran
excellent news esbe ...been waiting for you to sell on SB and its good that your a fair trader:) some just ask ridiculous prices ..imo

cant wait till may ;)

MJBadger

Veteran
I`m a lot further south M4 corridor & cut my last 2 plants on the 23rd , practically no mould at all . zedheads AAH (AKauto O Haze) F1 seeded plant , have grown these b4 & i`m amazed at their rain shedding properties but have found as soon as you get the autos from this strain by further F`s they begin to mould . A few people have mentioned autos as the answer but you still have the bud-rot problem all autos get .
As esbe said his climate may be colder/shorter but it dose`nt carry the rainfall Scotland has . There are some beautiful strains out there that can take an awful lot of bad weather compared to other strains so you growers are right on the button in trying to find those that will harvest your weather .
I`m trying a couple of different ways to get mine to survive the wet conditions here , a longer flowering auto & a shorter flowering standard plant , nothing that other growers hav`nt tried but i may be getting there . I`m definately on the case with an earlier flowering Biddy as i`m trying to get a month of the complete growing/flowering time . Plenty of seeds from this years crop of various plants so i have plenty to work with . Just wish i had more time .

Stay green .

rocket high

Veteran
we scots will get there in the end ...its one hell of a mission up here , but if we keep growing certain strains here they will eventually acclimatize to the weather conditions come 20-30 years i hope .so its early days at the mo ...

JGP

Heres a few pics of my harvest silver buddy

Attachments

• DSC01718.jpg
    DSC01718.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC01731.jpg
    DSC01731.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC01734.jpg
    DSC01734.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC01735.jpg
    DSC01735.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 11

JGP

It certainly smokes better than it looks, my camera is pants.Best smokes were the Lebcheese which tasted superb with a nice high and the FresianDew which was a nice fruity tasting weed with a real body stoned affect. :)

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mate that looks very tasty. You have achieved something no-one else i know has... and thats not from lack of trying :yes: Was quite a bit further north but.

:respect:

My crop is just starting. Last seasons looked very similar to your efforts.

Which strain was best for overall vigour, mold resistance and resin production?

JGP

Best strains overall were the FresianDew, my mates thought it was indoor bud.The Lebcheese was outstanding and the Timewarp was very good also.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cheers will have to look that one up next time i feel cashed up.

I love my Reclining Buddah outdoors here and White Rhino did well last season also.

These are the two main strains this season.

Imagine what you could do in a nice greenhouse / polytunnel :smoke:

Latest posts

Latest posts