What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plant dieing need help asap

caliprop215

Veteran
Plant is drooping bad .my buddy said its been like that since yeaterday but was busy and forgot to tell me so he just watered it.

Any idea

Im putting humidity dome now

Attachments

• 20180716_103157.jpg
    20180716_103157.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20180716_102656.jpg
    20180716_102656.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 20

caliprop215

Veteran
1. Kick your buddy in the nuts.
2. Water it.

LMAO

It was watered day before yesterday. Normal same amount i always give....

Then he noticed it was drooping yesterday and watered again .so 2 days water in a row...

And i see it today and water and put a humidity dome and shade....and water. ....so 3 days of water...

Im starting to think its over watering but i gave normal amount of water day before yesterday....and all my other plants are perfect. Could be over watering but i doubt it

Looks like it needs water....

caliprop215

Veteran
I had the exact same thing happen to me last week and it wasn't because it was dry. I had 2 clones same age, both in 3 gal bags, same soil, water 3 feet apart. One died the other didn't. I think it had some thing to do with the blazing hot heat we had at the time.

There is no saving that plant

View Image

Looks exactly like mine.

Dont think it was heat ....this plant has lived in 10 or so 100 plus days this year already and yesterday was only 99.....

Confusing

caliprop215

Veteran
Maybe somthing in the soil? Gopher?

Too many insects in soil? My soil is alive. Thousands of rolly pollys hundreds of worms and many other bugs i dont know in my soil in each hole

MrBungle

Then I think the water you are supplying it.. maybe isn't getting to the plant? it looks like you use a fair amount of water... but its also hard to tell the moisture of the soil around the base of the plant in the pics

Could also be root aphids

MrBungle

https://waytogrow.net/blogs/articles/root-aphids-no-they-re-not-just-fungus-gnats

"
It looks like a Nutrient Deficiency

Root aphids cause stunted growth, and droopy or yellow leaves resembling nutrient deficiencies. The yellowing (chlorosis) resembles a magnesium deficiency, and the yellow-brown spotting a calcium deficiency. If you have checked pH (feed and runoff), and know that your plants are being properly fed, you should probably check for root aphids. They feed by sucking nutrients directly from roots before plants can use them, so their damage isn’t obvious at first. Rule out pH problems quickly and carefully inspect any plant with signs of a deficiency."

caliprop215

Veteran
Adding a little mulch will help reduce the effects of the sun baking the soil.

Good idea but i dont think its heat since we have had numerous 100 plus days before this and plant never has a problem... Amd all other plants are good.

https://waytogrow.net/blogs/articles/root-aphids-no-they-re-not-just-fungus-gnats

"
It looks like a Nutrient Deficiency

Root aphids cause stunted growth, and droopy or yellow leaves resembling nutrient deficiencies. The yellowing (chlorosis) resembles a magnesium deficiency, and the yellow-brown spotting a calcium deficiency. If you have checked pH (feed and runoff), and know that your plants are being properly fed, you should probably check for root aphids. They feed by sucking nutrients directly from roots before plants can use them, so their damage isn’t obvious at first. Rule out pH problems quickly and carefully inspect any plant with signs of a deficiency."

I havent checked ph all year....havent changed nutrient levels. All should be good...and its only 1 plant...

Im thinkin its somthing in the soil .bugs or gofer but no gopher holes anywhwere

caliprop215

Veteran
I had the exact same thing happen to me last week and it wasn't because it was dry. I had 2 clones same age, both in 3 gal bags, same soil, water 3 feet apart. One died the other didn't. I think it had some thing to do with the blazing hot heat we had at the time.

There is no saving that plant

View Image

How long did ur plant live after this?

Im hoping simce it lived thru yesterday there mite be a chance.....

caliprop215

Veteran
Basicly 65 percwnt happy hippy mix. 25 pecernt compost.10 percent native soil.

It popped back up with the 25 gallon bucket over the top blocking light and making humidity..but as soon as i took dome off 30 min later drooping some. So i put dome back on for now i will pull it off wen sun goes down

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Plant is drooping bad .my buddy said its been like that since yeaterday but was busy and forgot to tell me so he just watered it.

Any idea

Im putting humidity dome now
You should water it and mulch it with hemp bedding, or chopped straw. That will keep the moisture from evaporating as quickly. If you put piece of soft fruit under the mulch, you're also feeding fungi/mycos/endophytes with calories and carbon, which is what fungi need.

Plants do best when they have a permanent water source or permanently moist soil and no top watering. Never any standing water, except as a water reservoir in a pot or the water table near the hardpan in your outdoor soil.

Cannabis likes access to water until the buds are fully formed. By then, the water should have dried up, leaves drop off, more finished bud is exposed to the sun, and the plant should slowly dry out until harvest.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
It was totally dead the next day. This happened maybe about a few days after going from a 1 gal to 3.

The plant was perfectly healthy and vibrant before this happened.

I like u thought humidity was a good option so I put it back in a little greenhouse I have but it didn't help.

Did you do a post mortem on the roots?

caliprop215

Veteran
Plant is still alive in a clear 20 gallon tote. ....if i pull off dome it starts to wilt again...

I will leave on as long as possible airing it out ciuple times a day.

Maybe roots will fix themselves and possibly live...we shall see

Latest posts

Latest posts