What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oklahoma (of All Places) Legalizes Agricultural Hemp!

Was shocked that Mary Failin' signed this bill into law. She admits the state needs to "diversify our economy" (to put it mildly--we basically have two options: work in the oilfields or the private prisons) & has decided to allow hemp as an agricultural crop in Oklahoma. While Oklahomans don't know diddly about growing hemp just yet, it could be a potential boon in the future.

I don't know whether this will include CBD products or just industrial hemp/fiber, but it's a start. Oklahomans will vote on medical marijuana--a bill that will allow doctors to prescribe it for ANY condition they deem necessary--in June 2018.

Source: https://www.koco.com/article/senate-passes-bill-allowing-oklahoma-farmers-to-grow-hemp/19832078

armedoldhippy

Veteran
hemp will (eventually, if not killed off AGAIN) take parts of markets from the oil industry AND private prisons. anything you can make from oil can be made from hempseed oil, including fuel/biodiesel, plastics etc. cement reinforced with hemp fibers (hempcrete) is far more flexible without cracking in construction of homes etc, which might come in handy if fracking continues on apace... quit putting folks in jail for weed, more room for honest to god criminals. a forward looking view for a state that many consider backass oriented...like Tennessee is.

shithawk420

Veteran
One thing I do know about OK is that 1 joint is a felony and there is or was a guy doing life for growing.fuck that shitty dirty ass state

Satyros

From what little I know of it, "legalized" around here a couple years ago, is that it simply takes massive amounts to be worth anything, including the use of a big machine like a loom to comb out the fibers. Not something you can just plant out a few and get going, it seems you have to already be on an industrial scale with lots of acreage. The seeds are probably where the value lies.

I sympathize with Oklahoma for being the destination of the Trail of Tears, and then the 1930s dust bowl folk who tried to move to California and were turned away at the border by state police with guns. I got that last part from Woody Guthrie, and it's what "folk music" owes its origin to.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All about the money and control. Felony for any cultivation, even one plant. Can take your house, car. That is how I read it.

'I'm proud to be an Okie from Muskogee a place where even squares can have ball, and white lightin is the biggest thrill of all.' I hope their livers rot out.

St. Phatty

One thing I do know about OK is that 1 joint is a felony and there is or was a guy doing life for growing.fuck that shitty dirty ass state

You mean Will Foster ?

I've been looking at some of the MidWest states because land is more affordable. Some of them are even having land give-aways.

shithawk420

Veteran
Well I think it used to be a felony.and yeah the Midwest is great if you know the right spots.I live in bumfuck Illinois and I like it for the most part.but no thanks to Oklahoma or Indiana

OK votes on medical marijuana (which can be Rx'ed for any condition a doctor deems necessary) on June 26th. And fingers crossed, it looks like it has a shot of actually passing.

The tides are turning, slowly but surely. Of course leave it to the lawmakers to impede progress. The bill can still be altered even after it's passed so I'm not holding my breath. But if recreational mj gets on the November ballot it *can't* be altered so let them keep fucking with the People & see what happens! :)