What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know you live in the country if......

MicroRoy

I herd my two dachshunds having a fit one night. I went to the window to watch. They were tag teaming a skunk.
When one got hit itvwould rub its face on the dirt. Then the next had a turn. I was just a watching and laughing my ass off.

When it was over they looked at me in the window just watching and laughing. I think we all three thought doggie door at the same time.

I lost that race. They had an adrenaline rush going. They rolled on the floor every piece of furniture and the bed before I could snatch them up and get them in the tub.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Our dogs name is Bruce...

Our dogs name is Bruce...

He is a Korean Jindo a natural hunter and very territorial.

He will kill some skunks, possum, groundhog, rabits or anything that move in his backyard.

If he could fly he'd be catching birds.

I don't know if he got the skunk :party: but the skunk got him

When the rain lets up I'll look for the body :laughing:

St. Phatty

If you find that being sprayed by a skunk is not that big a deal ... which is sort of how I feel ... JUST WAIT :woohoo:

Looks like my feral cat has had 2 effects, one of them related to me meeting skunks on a regular basis.

I had more rats around the house than I would like so I used to trap them and give them a new blackberry thicket to crawl around.

I'm thinking maybe the cat ate them.

The cat also ate ALL the frogs. No wonder she's so healthy.

But I'm sure I would be complaining & not quite so philosophical if (when ?) I get sprayed in the face.

My last skunk de-trapping, I forgot to close the back door. Even with all the plastic over the cage, God Almighty. I was afraid the smell would haunt the utility area forever.

Skunk vs. Coyote. includes CLOSE-UP of skunk spraying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4P7CPnmVfs

Skunk vs. Coyote, with night vision camera -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGBwZF6YNc4

Psyco G

I've never seen or come across a skunk, can the smell really be that bad? Forgive my ignorance. The way people talk about them you would think getting punched in the face would be preferred over a skunk spray. What does a skunk smell like exactly?

I have a whippet, I used to grow gurilla style and one patch I had was next to a old cess pool, like a pit in the ground full of pig, cow or whatever waste, they spray the stuff over the fields, well bless my lil dogs heart she thought it would be a epic idea to go for a swim in it. The water literally bubbles with gas when you stand next to it. But for some reason it really appealed to my old dog. She stuck for a week even after three baths. Not to mention the fact I had just brought a brand new car about two weeks before, it's not like I could make her walk home, I wrapped her in towels and gaffer taped them up in a parcel with just her head poking out for the ride home. She was happy as fuck and couldn't really understand what all the fuss was about.

She often likes to rub her neck in bird crap to, like goose shit is one of her faves, the little sicko. When she rubs herself in it I swear everything goes into slow motion as we all dive towards her to try and stop her, very rarely are we quick enough. That shit smells so bad. And it lingers like a bitch. Is this kinda what skunk is like..?

shithawk420

Veteran
I can attest how bad goose shit is.got really drunk and got locked out.long story short woke up sleeping on goose shit.not my finest hour.to me skunk is like roses compared to goose shit

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Skunks smell soooo bad...

Skunks smell soooo bad...

It lingers like a bitch and :party: that's kinda like a skunk smells..

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can attest how bad goose shit is.got really drunk and got locked out.long story short woke up sleeping on goose shit.not my finest hour.to me skunk is like roses compared to goose shit

did it smell somewhat like dead 'n digested fish???

and did you yourself, feel anymore enabled to expeditiously pass through a tin horn???

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know you live in the country if.......

you left out the part 'bout them thar mint
flavored, Skoal kisses off your Tinder post.

ScreenHunter_1682%20Jan.%2024%2016.51_zpsvtgo7vsh.jpg

taken for granted when gals check out the pic.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran

..... you LIKE that skunky smell! :biggrin::tiphat: :biggrin:

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah,kinda Stoner.it was terrible.it smelled what I imagine Philadelphia Collins mackerel juice burbs smell like! But seriously it was bad.never had goose but the thought of the smell would probably turn me off from eating it at first.

What do you mean pass through a tin horn?lol

To me living in the country means freedom. As much freedom as one can hope for in our society. I love not having neighbors and being able to look outside of my window and see moose and deer instead of some fat, nudist fuck frying eggs in the morning in a townhouse across form mine... I can walk for hours and not see another human being. I can be outside on my patio at 9am with a beer in one hand and a shotgun in the other, simply shooting at the clouds with no repercussions. Peace and quite. Also yes, hot country girls are enticing, when I run into them...

Edit: I read the whole thread in one sitting!

Last edited: