What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACTINOVATE FUNGICIDE (Grey mold, Root Rot, Damping off, Powdery Mildew )

smog

ive been trying act. for grey mold with no luck with hydro nutes and with just water bubbled and uv treated and the mold just comes right back in my coco also this stuff i got smells like mac n cheese powder exactly
it is the natural industries kind from amazon at 1tsp per gallon it wont last long either,it could have got to hot at somepoint

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Hmm. Interesting to hear all of these rave reviews for Actinovate..

My last grow (mixed medium deal), PM came about near the end, last third of flowering, let's say. The Actinovate would work after spraying, but for 3, maybe 4 days at a time. Then the PM would appear again.. Spray.. Repeat..

And while there's no noticeable taste difference, the buds are definitely not A++, by any means. A little darker looking, sort of raggley, just a little haggard looking.

Not trying to piss in anyone's Actinovate cheerios, but thought it was worth sharing that my experience was far removed from the miracles you folks've been lucky to experience. :wallbash:

In closing,

... F*ck PM.

avant gardener

Veteran
Hmm. Interesting to hear all of these rave reviews for Actinovate..

My last grow (mixed medium deal), PM came about near the end, last third of flowering, let's say. The Actinovate would work after spraying, but for 3, maybe 4 days at a time. Then the PM would appear again.. Spray.. Repeat..

And while there's no noticeable taste difference, the buds are definitely not A++, by any means. A little darker looking, sort of raggley, just a little haggard looking.

Not trying to piss in anyone's Actinovate cheerios, but thought it was worth sharing that my experience was far removed from the miracles you folks've been lucky to experience. :wallbash:

In closing,

... F*ck PM.

is actinovate even labeled for pm? i wasn't aware.

if you don't want to go the chemical route (flint or eagle), something i've heard good things about from reputable folks (but haven't tried myself) is using silica for pm. 300 ppm with a wetting agent (soap or sm-90 or whatever).

if you try it, let me know how it works. i've never had pm so...

Granger2

Veteran
Avant and Silver,
I didn't think it was labeled for PM either. I checked the label, and it is. I think it will work better as a preventive. Did you use a surfactant with it? Works better with it. If your room is sick, you'll have a helluva fight no matter what you use.

In six crops, I've only had one bud get botrytis. I have a sealed room with AC and Dehumidifier. If your humidity stays high, it's gonna be tough.

I sprayed my buds with Actinovate about 2 weeks ago, and will do it again tonight. I'm hoping this will allow me to run a little higher humidity [45-55%]. I've got some that are getting big and thick. If I get any bud rot, I'll report. Good luck. -granger

At my local store, they sell Actinovate, and another similar product called Actino Iron. The Actino Iron seems to have a LOT more of the same active ingredient. Actinovate contains .0371% and Actino Iron contains 1.3% and the label says it also contains iron and humates.

T

TribalSeeds

I talked to the guy over at Actinovate, he called it his product. Anyway, he said that Actinovate will form a symbiotic relationships with any chemical ferts, but he suggest copper will kill the Actinovate. Arent there traces of copper in all nutes?

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Avant and Silver,
I didn't think it was labeled for PM either. I checked the label, and it is. I think it will work better as a preventive. Did you use a surfactant with it? Works better with it. If your room is sick, you'll have a helluva fight no matter what you use.

In six crops, I've only had one bud get botrytis. I have a sealed room with AC and Dehumidifier. If your humidity stays high, it's gonna be tough.

I sprayed my buds with Actinovate about 2 weeks ago, and will do it again tonight. I'm hoping this will allow me to run a little higher humidity [45-55%]. I've got some that are getting big and thick. If I get any bud rot, I'll report. Good luck. -granger

For powdery mildew, in an indoor garden, found using foliar at double the rate was when it became most effective. For preventing or stopping budrot normal rate sufficed and was successful.

At my local store, they sell Actinovate, and another similar product called Actino Iron. The Actino Iron seems to have a LOT more of the same active ingredient. Actinovate contains .0371% and Actino Iron contains 1.3% and the label says it also contains iron and humates.

Actino iron is a soil additive you mix in with your soil, as a preventative. Rather than a spray/drench to be applied. 3lbs for 14$ vs $80 for 18oz for SP/AG. There a dozen products like this now outside the (indoor gardening paradigm), (different species of actinobacteria) root shields Ive heard them called although thats a tradename for a specific product.

Ive had great luck fighting, killing, and preventing fusarium and pythium with actinovate at recommended dosages. I use it foliar in rotation with neem and a few other botanicals and have not seen PM for a couple years or so and in the PNW.... that speaks volumes.

Anyone tried oxidate for budrot?

GS

groovee

Very interesting thread guys, thanks for all the info.

Can you guys tell me if actinovate will work in a hempy bucket with flora nova nutes?

Been fighting pythium and im sure you all know how thats fairing!

Any input would be much appreciated...

floral

Another question about Actinovate: Do any of you try to brew Actinovate to multiply the organisms, or aerate the solution for a while with a drop or two of molasses, before applying? Curious to know if there's anything a gardener could do to wake up and multiply the bacteria to get the most bang for the $$$ Actinovate costs. If I had a microscope I'd test it myself but I don't.

T

TribalSeeds

Another question about Actinovate: Do any of you try to brew Actinovate to multiply the organisms, or aerate the solution for a while with a drop or two of molasses, before applying? Curious to know if there's anything a gardener could do to wake up and multiply the bacteria to get the most bang for the $$$ Actinovate costs. If I had a microscope I'd test it myself but I don't.

You can actually see the Streptomyces lydicus strands in the water.
Ive never tried to brew them, but if left in aerated water for more than a couple of hours they will die.

T

TribalSeeds

Very interesting thread guys, thanks for all the info.

Can you guys tell me if actinovate will work in a hempy bucket with flora nova nutes?

Been fighting pythium and im sure you all know how thats fairing!

Any input would be much appreciated...

I think it would be best to actually make root contact with these by pouring them into your media and not hoping they get wicked up into the entire rootzone.
It is supposed to be able to form a symbiotic relationship with chem nutes.

groovee

I think it would be best to actually make root contact with these by pouring them into your media and not hoping they get wicked up into the entire rootzone.
It is supposed to be able to form a symbiotic relationship with chem nutes.
Thank you tribal!
I do top feed my perlite, i am currently using pots with holes in the bottom, i did not have good results with the hempy hole in the side.

I am hoping the actinovate will help fight the root rot, nothing else has helped... it just keeps coming back no matter what i try..
Cheers

Granger2

Veteran
Groovee,
If it were me, I would first give 3 waterings with 2 Tbl/gal of 3% peroxide, wait at least 24 hours for the H2O2 to degrade into H2O and O2, then start with the Actinovate. If you put peroxide into your rez, you'll need change it out to make sure you don't kill the Actinovate critters with peroxide. At the same time, I would re-inoculate with beneficials, such as Great White or similar. Good luck. -granger

groovee

Groovee,
If it were me, I would first give 3 waterings with 2 Tbl/gal of 3% peroxide, wait at least 24 hours for the H2O2 to degrade into H2O and O2, then start with the Actinovate. If you put peroxide into your rez, you'll need change it out to make sure you don't kill the Actinovate critters with peroxide. At the same time, I would re-inoculate with beneficials, such as Great White or similar. Good luck. -granger
Thanks for the advice granger..
I took six of the 18 plants i had just put into flower and used the actinovate.
So far so good, they are 10 days into flower now and not showing the normal signs of root rot. they are doing quite well actually.

I cannot attribute the results 100% to actinovate because i did th1 peroxide treatment first and let the medium dry out real well first.

Anyways, hope this really works out, i am ready to hang it up over the root rot coming back.

Thanks to all the good info and members

watts

ohms
Veteran
i believe its best to use actinovate with a compost tea. It works as a good foliar spray and preventive

T

TribalSeeds

Just dont try to brew the Actinovate. Its not supposed to be left in water for more than a couple of hours

Granger2

Veteran
ACT is miracle stuff, but I wouldn't brew the Actinovate. I'd add it to the tea just before applying. Or I might try brewing it, but add it at the last in case it died rather than multiplying in the brew. Good luck. Granger