Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

Thread Title Search
Have you looked at the North Pole lately? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2011, 04:53 AM #21
longearedfriend

no, it's too far I can't see it

2 members found this post helpful.
Click to visit Venus Vapes
Old 07-12-2011, 06:21 AM #22
kmk420kali
Freedom Fighter

kmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303hydro View Post
It's some sort of ice mass unit such as square miles...

The point is, IT WILL BE GONE IN LESS THAN 25 YEARS.

Here is a better graph, there is tons of info out there.

So if we are in the heart of Global Warming...why does that chart show the biggest rise since 1995?? The dotted line is just a guess, right??

My GH at the pad-- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....=1#post4996785
kmk420kali is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:53 AM #23
thesloppy

Yeah, I'm no denier, but that is one crappy graph. If you extended the 'trend' line backwards it might touch another point on the 'recorded' line....that's not so much of a trend.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:57 AM #24
DiscoBiscuit
weed fiend

DiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant future
Those ups and downs are seasonal. The trend is lowering.

DiscoBiscuit is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:18 AM #25
thesloppy

Those ups and downs aren't seasonal, there's 5 years between 1995 and 2000 , with a single peak and a single valley (let alone it kinda says 'September average' in really big, bold letters up there). Likewise, that trend line isn't curved to present a lowering trend, it's just a straight line that touches the record on a single point:

Additionally, even if the trend were trending in that direction, at that rate, it wouldn't intersect with the 'recorded' graph at the point of the most recent record. I would be very skeptical of where/whomever that graph came from, regardless of your stance on the issue.

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:24 AM #26
DiscoBiscuit
weed fiend

DiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant future
I not referring from winter to spring to summer, etc. I'm talking about the marginal ups and downs that (overall) trend lower. Doesn't have to be a consistent line to plot a trend.

What the straight line predicts is the marginal highs within the overall lowering trend. There's statistical data that represents the blue line and the yellow is projection. It's not really necessary to determine future peaks and valleys when it's gonna be gone before 2050.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:34 AM #27
greenmatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Lion View Post
I think the north pole is rich in diamonds too, the melting ice just makes all the good stuff easier to get to.
therefor melting ice is a sign that mother nature may not be sitting comfortably for the next few years

Old 07-12-2011, 07:36 AM #28
DiscoBiscuit
weed fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
...Additionally, even if the trend were trending in that direction, at that rate, it wouldn't intersect with the 'recorded' graph at the point of the most recent record. I would be very skeptical of where/whomever that graph came from, regardless of your stance on the issue.
I'm not banking on it but science is pretty versed in climate measurement these days. There's nothing in satellite photos that prove otherwise. Alex Jones tries to say that satellite images prove the ice comes back in the winter but scientists say it only get thinner until (sooner than later) we'll have no ice in the summer.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:44 PM #29
303hydro
senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia

303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice303hydro is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Those ups and downs aren't seasonal, there's 5 years between 1995 and 2000 , with a single peak and a single valley (let alone it kinda says 'September average' in really big, bold letters up there). Likewise, that trend line isn't curved to present a lowering trend, it's just a straight line that touches the record on a single point:

Additionally, even if the trend were trending in that direction, at that rate, it wouldn't intersect with the 'recorded' graph at the point of the most recent record. I would be very skeptical of where/whomever that graph came from, regardless of your stance on the issue.
I don't think you are reading a graph right.
Here are 6 different analysis .... see a trend?

SOURCE: meted.ucar.edu

My personal garden:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=211246
303hydro is offline Quote

Old 07-12-2011, 04:07 PM #30
Sgt.Stedenko
Crotchety Cabaholic

Sgt.Stedenko is a glorious beacon of lightSgt.Stedenko is a glorious beacon of lightSgt.Stedenko is a glorious beacon of lightSgt.Stedenko is a glorious beacon of lightSgt.Stedenko is a glorious beacon of lightSgt.Stedenko is a glorious beacon of lightSgt.Stedenko is a glorious beacon of lightSgt.Stedenko is a glorious beacon of lightSgt.Stedenko is a glorious beacon of lightSgt.Stedenko is a glorious beacon of lightSgt.Stedenko is a glorious beacon of light
I blame ManBearPig
I'm serial!

"I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints, and then I smoke two more"
Sgt.Stedenko is offline Quote