What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cops on ICMAG

Norkali

This thread - cops on here? watching what we do? got me thinking about LEO presence on ICmag once again....this is a topic that is always/has always been on the back-burners mentally whenever posting. Then a week ago I was needing some ideas/help with some room designing in Chat, and got a really good idea based upon somebody's suggestion - so I typed, "hmmmm....IDEA!"

Seconds later people left chat...and the posting slowed. Why I wondered......then I took another look:

"hmmm......I-DEA" LOL, maybe I was just high, but I started assuming people thought I was a DEA agent....but it got me thinking, and realizing:

Yes, there are undercover DEA agents on here - We'd be fools not to think so. It's been said a million times, and it should go without saying, but: When you post, assume a law enforcement officer will be reading your posts looking for evidence and clues as to who and where you are. This includes your albums and galleries!

Stay safe people!

supermanlives

Veteran
fuck em you cant stop us all. and you shurely wont get me as there is enough idiots to make it easy for you and keep you busy. ooh wait i am in cali and medical so fuck off and move on

compost

Guys there is alot of crazy things people can do with tapping your cell phone and getting into your computer from watching a site. However I would be much MORE worried about that person being a ripper and not a cop. I am sure there are tons of cops who lie and manipulate stuff to make a case but one thing about our phones and computers is it is alot harder to get a warrant for that then to sit outside a hydro store, talk to local narcs, or starting investigations from traffic stops.

It is wise to limit your exposure on the phone and computer from giving away what you do. That being said your MUCH more likely to get busted from a buddy who got popped, a disgruntled X anything, carelessness, or even how cautious we are. Sometimes our own paranoid behavior is a bigger give away then talking about weed online.

BrainSellz

Veteran
- so I typed, "hmmmm....IDEA!"

Seconds later people left chat...and the posting slowed. Why I wondered......then I took another look:

"hmmm......I-DEA" LOL, maybe I was just high, but I started assuming people thought I was a DEA agent...
LOL....

C

Classy@Home

Fuck 'em - happily, most long term leo are also long term drunks, slowly poisoning themselves and their relationships, families, lives and livers.

Their worlds are shallow and empty - their only friends also are asshole, drunken leo.

And eventually they will die of cirrhosis or stick their 9mm in their mouths and pull the trigger.

No such thing as an old leo - just dead drunks who have wasted their lives trying to bully others.

I feel pretty good now - doubt the douchebag leos reading it do, tho...

K

kannubis

Alot of us are vets. Alot of cops are too. Can we work together for the real good of the people? MMJ is not a crime, except when you see the dispensary mark-ups of the end product.

I am glad we still have MMJ.

I certainly hope cops have more useful things to do than go after us intrinsically peaceful folks. We are mellow people, so please give us an easy time of it if you do decide to come crashing in, save the hardass busts for non-peaceful offenders, and always remember alot of us are vets.

Unless you frequently post pics of your crazy big grow, or post a pic that has something that gives away your location, it is doubtful that any LEO looking at this site will even notice you, much less take any interest in you.

That said, I wont be posting any pics on here of anything

aligee

Veteran
if ya aint prop 215 or equivalent in your state then ya youll def have something to watch out for use common sense people!!!

igrowone

Veteran
this topic does come up, LEO watching the grows
if you're growing small, that's what you are, small and not close to being worth any time
if you take simple internet security precautions, a local LEO is not going to find this place good hunting
show us a warehouse grow, then you can worry

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
what can the DEA do really? off this site..not much. they could try to infiltrate the ranks and pretend to be a grower themselves try to meet up with fellow members to buy weight...but it would only be good for a bust or two....once they were exposed they would have to start over again. plus the servers are in europe so they have no way of pulling your IP from a grow thread...

just keep personal details small...dont say what collective you work for...dont say what neighborhood you are in...dont meet up with anybody from this site and sell them anything unless you get to know them first....its pretty easy to find out whos a real grower and whos a donut eating steroid popping piggie pretending to be a grower...

Easygrowing

Veteran
Paranoia people is the best people for relay race or Marathon running
so-not all is bad..
Just dont open the door,s and ignore the ufo,s in the back yards..
as they says in X files-there is something-out there-it,s just
where ?