What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GPS leads to marijuana bust...

DeezyH

ICMag Donor
COBURN GORE, Maine (AP) -- A Canadian man is in a Maine jail after his GPS directed him to a remote U.S. border crossing where agents found a pound of marijuana in his car.
Officials say 54-year-old Darrell Fudge was driving from British Columbia back to his home in Newfoundland Sunday and he did not intend to enter the United States, but his GPS gave him the shortest route, which led through northern Maine.
Federal authorities found the marijuana in a cooler. They turned the case over the Maine Drug Enforcement Agency.
Fudge appeared in court Monday in Lewiston. His attorney says Fudge wants to settle the case.
Fudge is being held on $5,000 bail.

UPDATE: On Wednesday, Fudge pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor drug charge and he forfeited a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck.

:laughing:

Cheerful

I've always hated GPS and boy does this prove my point! There is NO SUBSTITUTE (at least as of 2010) for Paper Road Maps! and Planning Your Own Route, not staking your life, safety and even freedom on a GPS that doesn't know you and doesn't care about you!

DON'T BE A SHEEPLE! The life you save may be your own! ! ! :whip::whip::whip: Whew, I feel better now. Been wanting to get that off my chest for a while now! OK... :rant::rant::rant:

smokefrogg

Veteran
i love gps

however, just like in the episode of the office where blind obedience to the gps led them right into a lake, i feel it is good to go over the route before you actually set off, sometimes the technology may be in error

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plan your routes in advance so something like this doesn't come up, an extra 10 min of sitting down and mapping the route could have saved his ass and truck.

Could happen to anybody though, my only time to Canada from the US was on accident and with weed! Only a personal sack though, did't get caught. Nothing like pulling up to the border in a mud bogger covered in mud and grass stoned to the bone and your friend driving has a 420 delivery man hat on and a wake and bake t-shirt. Dude was like take your sunglasses off and you in the back stfu lol. Good thing his gf had some boobies to stuff the quarter in. We just wanted to turn around LMAO

Man arrested after following GPS cuts deal, dropped off at border

Man arrested after following GPS cuts deal, dropped off at border

x
12/3/10 10:50 am Updated: 12/3/10 10:56 am
By The Associated Press

FARMINGTON, Maine — A Canadian man who followed GPS directions to a U.S. border post with a pound of marijuana in his vehicle has settled his legal case in Maine by surrendering his truck and paying $490 in fines and fees.

Fifty-four-year-old Darrell Fudge of Newfoundland said he never intended to enter the United States on Sunday and he thought the border post was a toll bridge.

Instead, U.S. agents searched his truck and discovered the marijuana in a cooler. The case was turned over to Maine police.

On Wednesday, Fudge pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor drug charge and he forfeited a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck.

The Sun Journal of Lewiston says Fudge was then given a ride to the border.

Fudge's lawyer says Fudge never wants to visit Maine again.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
Man this guy was clearly super super super high! how the fuck do you pull that kinda shit while riding dirty ! , people have gotten stupider with all the technology around good thing there wasn't any lakes or cliffs in the way of the shortest route.......man hope this guy dont have to toss the salad ,
peace TS

Finepointcanon

Veteran
For those of you that know MI. I was driving south to Ann Arbor from a different starting point than normal, so I just set the ol' GPS and started driving.

Well it led me through the Detroit business route, had me turn around, and drive up the opposite side of the highway that I had driven down on. So, now I review the route instead of waiting for that voice to tell me it's my exit.

mr bub

you never know what kind of thieves and desperados you'll meet on the hiway when you go south of the border.

they stole his damn truck

M

Mr.Howie

Does Maine always sieze property? They seem to have very lax MJ laws with 100 plants and a pound both being misdimeanors. What happens if they bust your grow? Do they give you a misdimeanor and also take your house?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
i think its fuct up they took his truck but shit bro wtf stupid is as stupid does. expensive lesson atleast he was in a somewhat friendly state it could of been alot worse for hime if he wandered his way down to texas,lol