What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ph issue?pest?

G

Hi guys,this is a plant in a greenhouse-like room and I'm having issues.This started 10 days ago but I left for a trip and found her this way...
Worst is that this seems to be spreading to other plants ,too...They are in peat/coco/perlite/ewc 18 lt pots.

I have used biobizz and an iguana ,some times have added some cal mag ,too.Have fed with an organic slow release at 1/2 dose before I left.

I also got a few fungus gnats but i think I'll deal with them.Could it be them causing this problem(don't think so myself)?Another pest maybe?Haven't seen anything with the mic...

I had something similar with another plant but it seemed to mellow out after heavy feeding.Took a rough ph runoff sample and read 8 after watering with 7.6...So could it be the ph?I never had such problems,regardless of water ph .Would calibrating ph/flushing solve this?I'll try this but asking for opinions...Also thinking of switching to salt nutes for quicker recovery.
Forgot to add that it also had some heat stress but this is definitely not the reason for all this.

Tallest top not showing the problem...yet.
SaS1DgU.jpg
xlugqoD.jpg
dTYdzly.jpg
B29TGIg.jpg

G

This one looks better but the issue is huge.Almost 3 weeks of flower,pistils all shriveled.A lower bud smells divine,all the rest looks green and smells green.Can this be saved or should I throw it?Be honest,I really need the space anyway ,heh...

5oJ1qLt.jpg

7NT12tT.jpg

Only top leaves have this shitty look(so it could be an immobile micronutrient not available because of high ph levels?)
7A4VkkV.jpg

G

Thanks GMT!Do you think this would also help the second one throw fresh pistils or is she done for?

G

Hi Mikell!Very probably,and it seems that it has also raised soil's ph,too.

G

Yep,I'll definitely be more careful from now on,never had such a problem but there's always a first time. Thanks for your help.

G

Sorry Mikell !The feed ph was about 7.Last 10 days only water at 7.6 but the problems had started earlier...

G

Also wanted to add that this shows up mostly on the onset of flowering.I checked again and 7/12 plants seem affected,more or less.Worse thing is that this looks that it can totally destroy weed production and not just slow it down on diminish it,so I'm facing a total disaster here...So today I'll do some flushing with a ph of 6-6.5 and we'll see...

Cvh

Supermod
What's the temperature?
I had something similar a few grows back because of too high temp.

Do they get enough light? And enough hours of uninterrupted darkness?

Last edited:
G

Hi CVH!The temps are VERY high but those girls are not in a tent .Also ,last year we had the hottest,longest summer ever and not that kind of issues.I have seen few leaves affected by the heat on a couple plants and it may contribute,but I don't think it is the main reason.

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi mate! Sorry to see this : When was the last time you have seen your pots fully dry ?

Sometimes Florakleen from GH or GHE can help to clean the soil .

G

Hi bro!I don't think it's overwatering since my friend that watered them during my absence did that every two days and some of them were droopy next time.Also if the pots stay dry with the very high temps they get a lot of heat stress and it shows on the leaves(they get burnt).

You're suspecting root problems eh?This is the reason I was worried about the gnats in the first place,but the issues were there on a couple of plants even when there were only a couple gnats per pot.

I'll try to get florakleen but it is a holiday season these days in my country so this might get tricky .

Thanks a lot man!

G

Shit guys,looks like I got broad/cyclamin mites...I don't know how I missed them last timw I checked with the mic.I'm on the onset of flowering.I'll cut a lot of damaged growth, and spray with abamectin.I don't want to give aspirin at this point.I think I'm pretty much totally fucked...Shit.

maimunji

Just will write broad mites and you are faster.
Good luck dont be stupid and use the strongest poison you can find. If you have problems send me pm i will send something that will knock out this shit after one spray but have 30 days quarantine. Good luck my friend.

G

Hi bro!I think abamectin is effective.I will throw away all plants in bad shape and spray the rest and wait...

Edit - Which solution did you have in mind? I will keep the ones without symptoms (or just a few) that haven't already started flowering so I can shoot them with what I can.

al70

Veteran
wow, i've never seen the likes o that before, even lockout from ph problems don't show symptoms, please let us know outcome, if any, looks to me that the feed is arseways, goodluck.