What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Make-up???

miss nycdf

Hmm, I may have to look into this Sheer Cover stuff.. Although I'd like to read some testimonials from those who have tried it and also the B.E. brand. But I'm sure they're pretty much the same. How do these products respond to dry skin though? And can you wear them over moisturizer?

I just can't stand foundation, or pressed powder because they always make my skin look 20x worse! Also, regular powders/compacts have talc in them (not to mention countless other nasty chemicals) and talc is really bad.. it has asbestos and has been linked to ovarian cancer. Yikes.

Check out this link: http://sukisnaturals.com/quality_toxic.php

And then read some of the ingredient lists on your beauty products. Kinda scary.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You arnt kidding miss!!..the stuff they put in some makeups are really scary!!...the sheercover stuff prolly works alot like the B.E. line...there are a few diff names out there, doing pretty much the same thing....the B.E. starter kit comes with a moisturiser with it but I dont use it everyday...I do use a little bit of moisturizer for my face but its so oily on its own that I dont like to use alot...almost 50 years old and still get the occasional zit!!! wft is up with that??? LOL

thanks for the great input ladies have a great day!!!

miss nycdf

Mrs. B, if you have oily skin, you gotta keep it well moisturized still... or it will produce MORE oil and clog your pores...

This explains it better than I can though, lol :

Like treats like.
Though it might seem counterintuitive to apply oil to an oily complexion, it's actually the most effective solution. The skin knows whether it's sufficiently protected, producing more of its own oil when skin is dry and less when it's balanced. Drying, soap-based products and oil-free acne treatments can rob the skin of its defenses, leaving it vulnerable and triggering the sebaceous glands to produce even more oil. Dr. Hauschka's Normalizing Day Oil provides a light, clean layer of pure plant oils and botanical extracts that calm the skin's oil production while helping to heal and soothe blemishes and irritation.

On the other end of the spectrum we have Moisturizing Day Cream, the activating daily moisturizer that provides hydrating protection in a light, fast-absorbing formula. If we treat dry skin with rich, heavy creams or oils we effectively trick our skin into believing it's been producing too much of its own oil. In response it will decrease production, perpetuating the dry skin cycle. Moisturizing Day Cream is light enough that the sebaceous glands are called upon to gently increase oil production, but provides enough nurturing moisture to prevent dryness and damage. Over time, the skin will regain its balance and be better able to fend for itself.

I posted the link on the 1st page of this thread, but in case you maybe missed it, very informative stuff. The products are awesome too.

http://www.drhauschka.com/about/7-facts/#

Have a good one! :joint:

Ms.Grat3ful

Sunshine DayDreamer
Veteran
With the Sheer Cover® Kit you take control of your complexion, and decide how you want the world to see you. Even if your skin is blotchy, ruddy or blemished, you can literally brush away those imperfections and feel confident about how you look. Sheer Cover® Mineral Makeup goes beyond covering up flaws—it’s makeup that’s actually good for your skin!

Our patent-pending Mineral Foundation SPF 15 benefits are:

• Helps to defend your skin from the visible signs of premature aging with SPF 15 protection.
• Contains 100% pure minerals from the earth - feels lightweight and looks totally natural.
• Contains NO preservatives, chemical dyes, fragrance, silicones, or talc.
• Provides complete coverage in just one step by incorporating both Foundation and Finishing Powder in one.
• Helps protect skin from oxidative stress and future damage with age-defying Green Rooibos Tea.
..and it list's the ingredients on the site too...

... lot's of good info gals... :ying:

Last edited:
G

Well I consider myself a country girl through and through.However i do go into the city (NYC), a couple times a month.I like a good tan over makeup any day.
If I do wear makeup its Bare essentials.I have big eyes so I like to accent them with a little eye shadow and mascara.i do the essentials on my face(lightly)and I wear clear or light pink lip gloss or vaseline.
I like to accent what I have rather than cover up.Plus i find makeup really suffocating if its thick.I like my skin to breath...and makeup is hot....temperature wise not Paris Hilton..hot...NOT..lol..

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
Au Naturale is WAYYYYYY BETTER..... Nothin better than a girl who looks good in sweatpants and a T-Shirt, specially in the morning.....

Besides, this:

bobeck_mimi2.jpg

Looks like a clown from where I'm standing :muahaha:

miss nycdf

speaking of natural... this brand is awesome for skin care/beauty products. They have something for every possible type of skin, it's 100% organic and makes my skin look awesome:

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/skincare/skincare.html

(They have stuff for men too!) :cool:

I don't know if plugging brands is a no-no around here (i don't own it or work for it or anything), or only if it has to do with companies that would otherwise buy ad space on here.. not sure, but if me posting that is violating anything, please let me know or edit accordingly! :joint:

-Peace-

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I have a quick question on a side issue. Tell me honestly ladies, when you wear a necklace that has a shiny drop down element, that drops down to your clevage, and is combined with a low cut top, is that a trap that you set to have fun all day accusing guys of looking at your chest? And what is the correct answer to that question?

nikiblaze

most of the time i go all natural. however if we are going to a function i wear a little bronzer, mascara and a neutral color eyeshadow, oh yea don't forget the hemp lip balm..LESS IS MORE.
greetings mrs.babba, i wish we could've made it up north to visit in june, but we've been busy with the ladies. hopefully we'll be able to come up soon.
peace and love throuh marijuana,
nikiblaze & family

Last edited:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey niki :) ...you were coming to visit??...might have to refresh my stoner memory :D ..good to see ya girl!!, glad you stopped by!!

Just say no to make-up.

My wife owns no make-up, but she owns a lot of work out vids.

Women don't need make-up. The ugliest girl alive only has to asked to get laid. The ugliest man? Oh he gotta pay.

Stop the lie.

Ms.Grat3ful

Sunshine DayDreamer
Veteran
n24204life said:
Just say no to make-up.

My wife owns no make-up, but she owns a lot of work out vids.

Women don't need make-up. The ugliest girl alive only has to asked to get laid. The ugliest man? Oh he gotta pay.

Stop the lie.

Not all women wear makeup just to get laid, sir.
Some women have birthmarks, or acne, or scars and just want to look normal and not be starred or laughed at... so, I'm not sure what work out vids have to do with make-up but make-up isn't a lie, it's an enhancement... IMHO...

Last edited:
Ms.Grat3ful said:
Not all women wear makeup just to get laid, sir.
Some women have birthmarks, or acne, or scars and just want to look normal and not be starred or laughed at... so, I'm not sure what work out vids have to do with make-up but make-up isn't a lie, it's an enhancement... IMHO...
:fsu: Why, Oh why, do you Care what others think or say? Those ppl don't deserve to know you if they judge you own looks alone.

What happened to personalities?

Work out vids are body make up. no fatties

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
n24204life said:
:fsu: Why, Oh why, do you Care what others think or say? Those ppl don't deserve to know you if they judge you own looks alone.

What happened to personalities?

Work out vids are body make up. no fatties
What a small minded perspective....

Women wear make-up for the same reasons people wear nice clothing or have their hair cut and styled... It's not about caring what other people think or say, it's about personal preference...

Why Are the 'body shape' issues so important to you? If you're so concerned about giving in to what others think or say, then why worry whether your ass is small enough or your abs look like a 6-pack...

If you were just talking about women working out solely for the health benefits, then you're correct.... Otherwise you're just a hypocrite with a hang-up about make-up... Your focus on working out and body shape is totally out of line with reality, and there are alot of people who cannot 'thin up' by working out... Your basic body shape is determined as much by genetics as by activity level, I recomend watching Penn and Teller's 'Bullshit' episode about fitness gurus and body shape, that might help you gain a more reality based perspective...

Answer me this...

Whatever happened to personalities? Why be worried if she's a 'fatty', if that's truly what you believe? I already know the answer... You don't really believe it, you're just being an ass....

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Come on Heads. Even if we know that beauty is only skin (or make up) deep, it's still one of the most important parts of interpersonal attraction. That may not be anything to be proud of, but it's the way the human mind operates. And I'm sorry, but if being fat is genetic, how come every african, etheopian and in fact any country where a famine hits, is totally devoid of the fat genes? Geneitcs doesn't make us fat or thin, the ammount of food eaten compared to food needed, dictates body shape.
Just about everyone has expressed a preference for less make up in the thread, and that's all this is, a discussion on personal preference and personal views on the subject.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
GMT said:
Come on Heads. Even if we know that beauty is only skin (or make up) deep, it's still one of the most important parts of interpersonal attraction. That may not be anything to be proud of, but it's the way the human mind operates. And I'm sorry, but if being fat is genetic, how come every african, etheopian and in fact any country where a famine hits, is totally devoid of the fat genes? Geneitcs doesn't make us fat or thin, the ammount of food eaten compared to food needed, dictates body shape.
Just about everyone has expressed a preference for less make up in the thread, and that's all this is, a discussion on personal preference and personal views on the subject.
Well... Of course starvation is going to make one look starved... You'd have to be absolutely ignorant to thing that genetics could make one fat without food... And I'm not denying that beauty is a part of social interaction... Don't be silly! I'm arguing quite the opposite... adorning oneself IS ABSOLUTELY NORMAL... And If you don't thing Genetics greatly affect body shape, then you don't understand genetics very well... The vast majority of people out there are not predisposed to look like a fitness guru, and there are some people who could not possibly work out enough to have that sort of body.

No-one is saying that less make-up is bad... I'm not arguing for making oneself up or not... The dude said in the same sentence that you should not care what others think or say, then goes on to say how everyone should be thin... ABSOLUTELY hypocritical to Exercise with the goal of improving one's appearance, while complaining that those who wear a bit of light make-up are too worried about their appearance... THAT is my point... I could care less is someone wants to wear a little make-up or not... And to call accenting one's features, or adorning oneself LYING is just plain Bullshit...

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Do you honestly think that people are not geneticly pre-disposed toward one body type or another?

Because I know People who can eat like a horse, and not exercise... but remain thin as a rail... And I know people who eat much less, and walk several miles a day, but still wouldn't be considered thin by any means...

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
What would be interesting... instead of using the Extreme example of there being no fatties among starving people... would be to take a diverse group, and feed them the exact same diet, and have them do the exact same amount of exercise...

If I am wrong, and body shape is not governed by your DNA... then everyone would be just as fit, with the same percentages of body fat, and the same levels of musclature... If I'm right, then some of the people will be thinner than average, Some would be fatter, Some will be average...

How do you think that would come out?

Latest posts

Latest posts