Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > What fumes kill mold on harvested buds and dissipate completely?

Thread Title Search
Post Reply
What fumes kill mold on harvested buds and dissipate completely? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2019, 10:29 PM #21
capnCõno
Member

Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 62
capnCõno has a spectacular aura aboutcapnCõno has a spectacular aura aboutcapnCõno has a spectacular aura aboutcapnCõno has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_thumb View Post
I have a white mold issue on my harvest. Is there anything I can put in the jars which will evaporate and completely permeate the buds to kill the mold, then completely dissipate?
With a name like brown thumb maybe have someone else grow your med.... well if u or your buddies have a legit medical condition and are unhealthy there's really nuthin u can do without some expensive extraction and laboratory equipment ...

BUT I'm sure this will not be liked but there is a BIG BUT .... u may be able to treat it with a product call prokure...there are hella ppl with brown thumbs growin molded weed, except they do it in multi million dollar rec med grows ... it's sad to say but facts are they don't throw there shit out they sell it in store... they harvest and spray soak the weed in prokure liquid.. it kills the mold drys out harmless n the mold coated flowers pass lab tests n gets put up for sale... would I smoke it fuk no , don't expect it to taste or smell like it was grown correctly but it may make it safer to consume..if u have any respiratory issues or legit med issues sickness don't try it .. if u just got pain management issues insomnia etc etc it may be an option... if u cook or hash or smoke or do anything with it I strongly suggest u wash it with prokure first.. I don't know if it will make it better but it will make it acceptable for sale in any shop...
capnCõno is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:36 PM #22
St. Phatty
Senior Member

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 7,774
St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_thumb View Post
I have a white mold issue on my harvest. Is there anything I can put in the jars which will evaporate and completely permeate the buds to kill the mold, then completely dissipate?
Do you mean, everything is covered ?

Once I lost an AK47 or Ice Princess bud to mold.

But not the entire bud.

FREEZING will slow down or stop the mold-spreading process.

Maybe trim off the good parts & store them in the freezer ?

if you smoke them in a water pipe, should be good.
__________________
~ Greetings from the Desert Planet Tatooine ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu60uj0_-Nw

Trump's Lysol Moment @ 25:00 in video from Thursday April 23.
St. Phatty is online now Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:07 PM #23
bibi40
Senior Member

bibi40's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: High
Posts: 2,327
bibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivorbibi40 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowood3479 View Post
Im not so sure, could be safe for edibles but I prob wouldn’t especially for use as medicine
There are threads on here (ic)on how to turn molded weed Into bho.
Requires some specialized micron level filters if I recall correctly, I’ve never tried it.
I just toss any molded stuff in the trash n get sad for a time.
It passes eventually



Yes you can go to Bho with , it' s the only thing you can do .


__________________
- Female seeds Tester : Auto White widow x Big bud Auto Gelato
- Urban Legends Auto Tester : Gorilla Cookies ; Fighting Gorillaz Mazarilla Gorilla Auto
- Sweet seeds 6th competition : Sweet Gelato Auto
- HSO : Mango Sapphire (Still in progress)




bibi40 is online now Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:41 PM #24
CimbaKat
Member

Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Noneya, Bidnes
Posts: 103
CimbaKat has a spectacular aura aboutCimbaKat has a spectacular aura aboutCimbaKat has a spectacular aura aboutCimbaKat has a spectacular aura aboutCimbaKat has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnCõno View Post
With a name like brown thumb maybe have someone else grow your med.... well if u or your buddies have a legit medical condition and are unhealthy there's really nuthin u can do without some expensive extraction and laboratory equipment ...

BUT I'm sure this will not be liked but there is a BIG BUT .... u may be able to treat it with a product call prokure...there are hella ppl with brown thumbs growin molded weed, except they do it in multi million dollar rec med grows ... it's sad to say but facts are they don't throw there shit out they sell it in store... they harvest and spray soak the weed in prokure liquid.. it kills the mold drys out harmless n the mold coated flowers pass lab tests n gets put up for sale... would I smoke it fuk no , don't expect it to taste or smell like it was grown correctly but it may make it safer to consume..if u have any respiratory issues or legit med issues sickness don't try it .. if u just got pain management issues insomnia etc etc it may be an option... if u cook or hash or smoke or do anything with it I strongly suggest u wash it with prokure first.. I don't know if it will make it better but it will make it acceptable for sale in any shop...
Lol if you dance with the devil... you gon get burnt ... I say take it as a life lesson and dont make the same mistake twice. Chuck that shit in the garbage and learn more about your craft is my take.

Last edited by CimbaKat; 10-10-2019 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: Garbage
CimbaKat is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:19 AM #25
brown_thumb
Senior Member

Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,330
brown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalopatchkid View Post
Sounds like you put it in a jar before it was dry. https://skunkpharmresearch.com/salva...dy-material-2/
Not really. I was combating mold a bit before harvest.
brown_thumb is offline Quote


Old 10-14-2019, 01:25 AM #26
brown_thumb
Senior Member

Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,330
brown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnCõno View Post
With a name like brown thumb maybe have someone else grow your med.... well if u or your buddies have a legit medical condition and are unhealthy there's really nuthin u can do without some expensive extraction and laboratory equipment ...

BUT I'm sure this will not be liked but there is a BIG BUT .... u may be able to treat it with a product call prokure...there are hella ppl with brown thumbs growin molded weed, except they do it in multi million dollar rec med grows ... it's sad to say but facts are they don't throw there shit out they sell it in store... they harvest and spray soak the weed in prokure liquid.. it kills the mold drys out harmless n the mold coated flowers pass lab tests n gets put up for sale... would I smoke it fuk no , don't expect it to taste or smell like it was grown correctly but it may make it safer to consume..if u have any respiratory issues or legit med issues sickness don't try it .. if u just got pain management issues insomnia etc etc it may be an option... if u cook or hash or smoke or do anything with it I strongly suggest u wash it with prokure first.. I don't know if it will make it better but it will make it acceptable for sale in any shop...
Thanks. I'll research Prokure. This is strictly for extraction to make edibles and topical application for arthritic pain. For personal medication only. I never sell.
brown_thumb is offline Quote


Old 10-14-2019, 01:33 AM #27
brown_thumb
Senior Member

Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,330
brown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Phatty View Post
Do you mean, everything is covered ?

Once I lost an AK47 or Ice Princess bud to mold.

But not the entire bud.

FREEZING will slow down or stop the mold-spreading process.

Maybe trim off the good parts & store them in the freezer ?

if you smoke them in a water pipe, should be good.
Gosh no... just little fuzzy spots in two or three places in the entire lot.
brown_thumb is offline Quote


Old 10-14-2019, 01:35 AM #28
brown_thumb
Senior Member

Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,330
brown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant future
Wouldn't removing the few moldy spots and cryogenically extracting from what appears to be clean work okay?
brown_thumb is offline Quote


Old 10-14-2019, 01:39 AM #29
brown_thumb
Senior Member

Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,330
brown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibi40 View Post
Yes you can go to Bho with , it' s the only thing you can do.
I have one of those stainless steel tubes for flushing with butane. I've used it with very good success along with a small vacuum assisted purging unit. Will that block most mold contamination? I can't afford pricey equipment and won't be making much anyway.

And what about cryogenic ethanol extraction? I've successfully done that too.
brown_thumb is offline Quote


Old 10-14-2019, 01:44 AM #30
brown_thumb
Senior Member

Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,330
brown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by CimbaKat View Post
Lol if you dance with the devil... you gon get burnt ... I say take it as a life lesson and dont make the same mistake twice. Chuck that shit in the garbage and learn more about your craft is my take.
The issue is, I and two others need the meds now and none of us can afford to dish out thousands to big pharma... not that we'd buy their poisons anyway. We can't afford to buy street crap either. We're down to the wire. If I lose this crop I probably won't bother to try again.
brown_thumb is offline Quote


Post Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:45 AM.




This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
You must be of legal age to view ICmag and participate here.
All postings are the responsibility of their authors.
Powered by: vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.