What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

loose and airy buds

Farmingking1

before i harvested my buds were nice and dense and their in the pricess of drying and curing and their kinda airy and loose will they harden back up or did i mess em up lol

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Hmm I've never seen buds get really airy from curing/drying, but I've only been doing this a few years. Maybe somebody with more experience has an idea?

indagroove

Veteran
They're prolly just wet still and lost their turgor after chop. Once they dry they should stiffen up.

MedFaced

It is his lighting. It’s all cfls and maybe a t5 or t8 based on his profile pics. They have horrible penetration after a few inches.

Mr. J

All you kids with your little LED's... Get yourself a Big Boy light light a good old fashioned 1000W HPS. Then you'll understand penetration and density.

I'm only half joking. I've seen some nice LED grows but mostly it looks like a bunch of popcorn.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought you were joking about kids not understanding penetration lol
Thought I was back in the Epstein thread for a second

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
All you kids with your little LED's... Get yourself a Big Boy light light a good old fashioned 1000W HPS. Then you'll understand penetration and density.

I'm only half joking. I've seen some nice LED grows but mostly it looks like a bunch of popcorn.
No offense, but after a decade+ with 1000w HPS lights, I officially turned them off for good last week. I've been messing with LEDs for a couple years now and all I can say is "Screw HID for Almost All Indoor Cannabis." lol

The only real use I can see for HID is when you're growing in super cold environments. That 300w of IR makes a great heater. ;)