What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

harvesting just two buds every two days

doams

like instead of harvesting whole plant at once what you think about harvesting just two buds every two days?

think if you leave one budsite under the top its still better than cutting the whole cola branch that budsite under the cola might grow bigger and you dont loose the whole cola branch..

also if you dont touch buds at the /main stem top/ that might help with yield maybe..

anyone was harvesting "on the go" like this/similar?

I know its better to harvest all at once but sometimes its better to have some bud instead of waiting and waiting and not having anything to smoke/vape at all think its sad maybe it should be called sad harvesting
:laughing:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I harvest my cannabis when it is ripe. It has the longest and most potent effects. Anything else, for me, is sad. Too early and it does not last and has limited effects, too late and it's sleepy and muddled.

I harvest between 5-15% amber trichomes. Every strain is a little different. :D

CimbaKat

Some people harvest tops and wait 1 to 2 weeks and harvest the bottoms/middle. I've seen it done when working at a dispensary, it worked decently for one strain but the other plants were already so over due it kinda was a fail. Both strains bulked up but it was overripe and eating the fuck out of itself. Shithole establishment. I've been debating about doing this pretty much but not recklessly lol. Anything thats ripe, chop but theres some buds that might need a few days to a week more than the tops do so why not wait? and label them with name/date tags. If you have clones you can run a side by side comparison, harvest tops of one, then wait a week to two for the rest to mature, then harvest them, and have the other clone harvested traditionally (whole plant chopped).

Douglas.Curtis

Some people harvest tops and wait 1 to 2 weeks and harvest the bottoms/middle. I've seen it done when working at a dispensary, it worked decently for one strain but the other plants were already so over due it kinda was a fail.
I've seen this difference mainly due to canopy shading. The more dense the upper canopy is, and the more shaded the lower flowers, the less developed the lower flowers can be at harvest time.

Drewsif

You harvest tops then get paid by some extract artist to harvest the smalls and clean up your mess. Thats all extract artists is good for, pretending other people's scrap is high grade medicine. Scrap is big business, too big to be fucking with staggered harvests

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
run a proper scrog with nothing green under the screen and have all buds ripe at the exact same time, that's what I'm doing next that's for sure hombre
CC

Douglas.Curtis

run a proper scrog with nothing green under the screen and have all buds ripe at the exact same time, that's what I'm doing next that's for sure hombre
CC
This has been my goal with canopy management, even when I'm not using a screen. When you know a cut well enough, it takes almost no management to eliminate all popcorn. When I come across a flower which is close to 'popcorn' quality, I strive to do better the next time. :D

indagroove

Veteran
Staggered harvest might make some sense outdoors, but indoor you're just wasting time that you could be using with the next crop.