What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CROSSWORD PUZZLE #1

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
We are very excited to introduce DJ Short and Legends Seeds (Red) on icmag
through the addition of their help forum! :woohoo:

Come on down and join in the celebration!

http://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=92

I tried to figure out a way of introducing you all to their phenominal and unique
strains which represents years and years of hard work, and then the thought
came to me......why not have you look their varieties up??? :chin:

So, I went a step further with that idea and created a crossword puzzle. :yoinks:
Found a free downloadable program and I was in biz! Then after creating the darn thing,
couldn't figure out how to get it up here on the site :confused: I really am quite
computer illiterate :bat: So with Green Lantern rushing to the rescue (yes, once again,
for about the 10th time each day...LOL) he put my crossword puzzle in a format that
I could past into a thread! :jump: (And did all that in a matter of a few minutes!)
So hat's off to GL for his help! The crossword puzzle is even interactive!!!! :jump:

Okay, here's a few pointers....first of all, the puzzle is located in
DJ & Red's (Legends) new forum (use link provided above).

To play the puzzle you will need to follow the on-screen instructions, but having
played it already when testing it out....there are answers which are more than 1 word,
this you are advised of in the clue AND there are no word separation blocks highlighted
on the puzzle
...instead, the program will automatically place a space between
the words for you. Makes it a bit more difficult....LOL :yoinks: :D

ALL answers can be found within the descriptions of their strains (which you can find on Seedbay).

You may submit your answers VIA PM ONLY typed out
(like 1 down = ...... or 2 across = ....... ), etc.

So what are you going to win for all this trouble? :confused:

Come on down to DJ & Legends forum for the puzzle, AND to find out what's up
for grabs! :woohoo: But give me a bit to get it posted in there....watch for it to
go up within the next hour or so. In the meantime, drop in and say hello to DJ & Red.

Hope you all enjoy the puzzle! :jump:

:dance:
dg

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
yeah i was wondering the same, but i just put the number of letters in each clue with my entry.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Sorry everyone....have no idea why the numbers didn't show up. :yoinks:

Please....I know its not your fault....but gotta have everyone submit (even if you already submitted your answers in another format) exactly like this:

down 3 letters
down 7 letters
down 9 letters
down 11 letters
down 14 letters
down 23 letters

across 3 letters
across 8 letters
across 9 letters
across 12 letters
across 14 letters

Very sorry, but I just can't make out what YOU mean 1 down to be and what I might
think 1 down is, etc. So please, follow the example above.

Thanks,
dg

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Guess the crossword puzzle was easier than I thought! :yoinks:

Okay, here's the winners!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming in first, being the first to pm the correct answers, and being the first to recognize the numbering problem...quickly adapting a different system (which I copied and sent to all who were entering in a manner I couldn't make out)..........is........

mybeans420 - 1 pack DJ Short True Blueberry & 1 pack Legends Johnny Blaze

The rest of the winners are as follows:

2nd julian - 1 pack DJ Short True Blueberry
3rd Dr.D - 1 pack of Johnny Blaze
4th Brownpants - 1 pack of Legends Ultimate Indica

Congrats to you all! Get shipping info to me via PM please. Hoping we see some seeds popping open from you winners soon!

Hope this was alot of fun for you all. :woohoo:

Thanks and congrats again to the winners!

:friends:
dg

G

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

can't believe it...i...i...i win something in my fuckin' life?

and what a price!!! :jump:

still can't believe: ICMAG & crew forever :yes:

Brownpants

Wow. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thankyou So Much DG.....I Love the contests.

Also,

Thanks to DJ and Red for making such kickass strains.

Dr. D

Veteran
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
lmao man i am chuffed
congrats to all other winners...well done...and thanks to DJ and Red
not forgeting u DG :woohoo:

G

well damn...the only pets I have are plastic fish, and then I miss this one! :badday:

Congrats to the winners! Great idea Dutch :smile:

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Yes, the puzzle was fun and different. Am making another one as a general contest, but MUCH more difficult. I really like the ease of the software program I'm using but for some odd reason it doesn't display the numbers (like 1 down, or 5 across, etc) so am trying to figure out a way to be able to easily check entrant submissions. With a much larger puzzle with alot more words, the method used in checking answers for CW Puzzle #1 will not work. Obviously a screen shot of your completed puzzle would be ideal...however, to submit that would require uploading it into your gallery to send me via PM and once it's in the gallery is easy for someone to copy :yoinks: :bat: LOL Any suggestions?

:dance:
dg

G

an easy way is to consider that the right order is left to right and up to down, like natural direction to reed. Just a suggestion.

for the screenshot solution, maybe upload the image in another website, like imageshack.us

Last edited: