What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CONTEST IDEAS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
This is a good name for a thread...

My idea for an "Essay Contest" is to have a very easy to read and comprehend Possible *STICKY* tutorial in the Security Section here on:

"HOW TO EASILY REMAIN ANONYMOUS WHILE SURFING THE INTERNET"

Subtitled: SURFING SECURELY (A TUTORIAL)

Try to keep it under 500 words...a thousand if it must be.
Emphasis on Easy to Comprehend. Keep It Simple Simon (KISS) :)

The members could vote.
I'd be fun and hopefully stimulate a positive dialog on internet security.

Anybody else with a good Idea?
Feel quite free to post it here.

Contests can be fun and I know we got some geeks around here who can compose a security tutorial like this off the top of their head.

:) As I have heard somebody around here say, "it all starts with a seed". ;)

Last edited:
G

Great Idea I.M. , always LOVE me a good contest ..BUT.....

Great Idea I.M. , always LOVE me a good contest ..BUT.....

information regarding sec. should be left for PM imho..
Wouldn't want to "show your hand" to the world.. ya know?

just a coupla' pennies for thought.. :D

cj

KRS Juan

It's a good idea. I have been wanting to write a simple guide to Tor & Privoxy for everyone here, including photo-guided install instructions for each OS, but have not had the time recently. Anyone want to team up and help tackle this for the safety and good of our community?

-KRS Juan-

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
^^
They have those guides on the Tor site. Right beside there download of Tor are two walkthoughs with pictures, for each OS.

But, if we can't link to em/copy em, ide be down for helping writing a walkthrough. Im not the most elequent writer.... but im down.

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
Tor and Onion servers huh, interesting stuff, I like it.

Tor and Onion servers huh, interesting stuff, I like it.

Tor description:
TOR: An anonymous Internet communication system
Tor is a toolset for a wide range of organizations and people that want to improve their safety and security on the Internet.
Using Tor can help you anonymize web browsing and publishing, instant messaging, IRC, SSH, and other applications that use the TCP protocol.
Tor also provides a platform on which software developers can build new applications with built-in anonymity, safety, and privacy features.

Your traffic is safer when you use Tor, because communications are bounced around a distributed network of servers, called onion routers.
Instead of taking a direct route from source to destination, data packets on the Tor network take a random pathway through several servers that cover your tracks so no observer at any single point can tell where the data came from or where it's going.
This makes it hard for recipients, observers, and even the onion routers themselves to figure out who and where you are.
Tor's technology aims to provide Internet users with protection against "traffic analysis," a form of network surveillance that threatens personal anonymity and privacy, confidential...activities...

Yep, interesting stuff.

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.