What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Navigator's 1X1 Screw-In LED

N

Navigator

Hey Everyone! :wahey:

To start I want to spread some thanks towards Blynx for the wealth of knowledge. I have a feeling these off-the shelf LED are going to be a game changer!

Decided to to go all in and start building a 1x1 cab out of some scrap wood lying around the house. This is a work in progress so I will be updating as I move along.

Plan:
Veg: (4) Phillips 8.5 watt 5000k
Flower: (4) Phillips 8.5 Watt 2700K
Total watts : ~34
Total Cubic Feet: ~3

A few screws and curse words later I was able to add some caulk for light proofing measures. (yes, screw and caulk are in the same sentence)

Paint, door, weather stripping, and a latch to keep it tight!

Final Dimensions:
Outside - 12.75"X11.25"X42"
Inside - 10.5"X11.25"X36"

Next up...light fixtures

N

Navigator

Thanks for dropping by Arf. I might give those or the 14W a try down the road, possibly mix them in. In the past I have increased my veg to flowering wattage by at least 1/4-1/2. May veg with three instead of 4. But all in all these 8.5 watt are so cheap and easily accessible I am going to give them a run by themselves first and see how little of wattage and off the shelf $$ I can get away with. Goal is to pull g/watt out of 4. We will see.

N

Navigator

Hey there Huffn. Indeed, indeed. ~3 cubic. LxWxH. 10.5"X11.25"X36"= Roughly 3 cubic ft of internal volume. Square ft refers to 2 dimensional area. LxW.

N

Navigator

Had to try some testing before I got started with the cab. (4) 8.5 watt in a 4-in-1 socket splitter. I was impressed with the intensity of the lights. Tested in light sealed closet @ about 8 inches.

attachment.php

BTW I will not be using this in my cab. The angle of the splitter is a waste. Just testing here.

Attachments

• IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 16
just checking cuz thats pretty small, and i like it, much like the 1sq ft challenges

shit i was looking for just such a splitter, had to diy one from solid wires, but it worked

youll be killing off those seedlings under 4 lights tho, 1 would be ok

N

Navigator

Funny you should say that. These were actually seedlings for the garden and it fried my lettuce in a day. Peppers and basil thrived. Just a testament to their strength.

I think a DIY splitter is prob the way to go. This one came with some manufacturer defects. Mine worked too, but I did not trust it all that much. Gave it away a few days ago. Maybe I just got a dud.

Arf

I thought the angle of splitters might be useful, not that particular one, but some of the other that approach 45degrees, could be a good side fill light.

I am building brackets for my COBs atm to get the end ones at 45degees for side lighting.

N

Navigator

That sounds like an awesome build. How many square feet you working with?

N

Navigator

(5) 1.25" PVC Elbows for Passive Intake - Painted Black

attachment.php

The internal diameter of these run 1.625". Total passive intake 8.125"

BTW this stuff worked a treat
attachment.php

N

Navigator

Here it is topside.

attachment.php

Using the underside of an old milk crate cut to fit with furniture floor pads/sliders glued underneath to give some breathing space.

Goats

almost all of the pics are showing up as broken for me. not sure if this is just me or everyone.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Navigator, check your album settings. If they are set to private only people you are 'friends' with can see your album. Albums must be set to public for everyone to see the images in your posts.

N

Navigator

Weird. My attachments were uploaded as jpegs and pics are visible within the thread on my account, but not when logged out. I am seeing the same thing with my attachments. All gone but one. Oh well, roll with the punches.

N

Navigator

Recap #2:

PVC Elbows Painted Black

Love this Adhesive

Vented w/ Milk Crate Bottom for Airflow

Latest posts

Latest posts