What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Doc thinks I may have a cannibis caused illness.

B

BrnCow

A friend of mine used to smoke and one day after he smoked some Big Bud, he started feeling real funny and went to sit down and passed out in his recliner. He and awaken immediately by his defibrillator going off. It had caused his heart rhythms to go out of sync.What strain were you smoking? Blueberry didn't cause him any problems but he has stopped anyway...He also had that happen on brick weed once..of course it may have nothing to do with the weed. Might be happen stance. Some weed makes some people sweat and get other odd symptoms at times also. Might try getting a script from your doc for Hydrocodone 5mg and breaking them in half and doing a half them 4 or 5 times a day and see if that helps. Might avoid the bad side effects that way. You can use one of the others - Motrin or Advil at recommended dosage -with it if you have a bad day.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Take a break from Bud and see if it stops. I have stopped smoking several times over the last 40 years. You will be ok. Please back down from that 15 grams a day. Thats too much to be smoking. You should be able to get by with a few grams or so per day of top quality Natural Organic bud per day.A quarter ounce at the max ever. Smoking anything isnt good for your lungs. Be well!
DP

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Strange mofeta never heard of that. At least it is not like peanut allergy and you drop dead interesting link.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
taking cannabis by ingestion is much better then smoking... Be careful it has a much stronger effect them smoking it and it last a lot longer ..

rockfish

Cannabinoid Hyperemesis

Cannabinoid Hyperemesis

I agree with mofetathat this may be cannabinoid hyperemesis. Most articles I have read on this syndrome state that the symptoms will go away after the patient abstains from further cannabis use. If you have more episodes of nausea, chills and vomiting, you may have to discontinue all cannabis use to gain relief including discontinuing the use of edibles.

An interesting associated finding with this syndrome is that most people suffering from this problem find relief temporarily by taking hot showers or baths. Many of them reported taking multiple hot showers a day! I wonder if the OP finds relief from his symptoms in this way...

The low heart rate and chills could also be associated with chronic cannabis abuse.

I would bet your doctors put you on antibiotics because they didn't know what else to do. Not sure why it made you feel better either...

I hope you feel better,

~rock~

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran

sso

Veteran
interesting, similar to the whites, the newbie condition, maybe this is just the cannabis "OD" overdose, be new and smoke alot or after you are "broken in" lol, smoke 10-15g a day for years.

interesting about the hot showers helping, makes me think "you got chilled the fuck out" :)

so much weed, you uberchill now. :)

lets hope the "medibles" work for you man, or some bho? (not needing to smoke so much )

Andyo

Veteran
5 g better

5 g better

If you sold 10 grams of your 15 grams a day you wouldnt need to go to work.
and youd smoke less .
overall youd be better off.A

JHerbz

Hmmm now that you talk about the shower making you feel better made me think about a year ago when i used to smoke a lot of bud and i would wake up in the morning and throw up every morning and the only thing that helped was showering, i couldn't even take a toke before the shower, and if i did, i would throw up from the hit.

I didnt sweat though. could have something to do with sleeping in my boxers/naked every night.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
it should be called cannabis grower's hyperesmis syndrome lol, I don't think many people could afford to buy what I used to vape in a month, probably would cost as much as a mortgage

Right, go totally off the pot for three months, I know you said you don't like prescription medication but it will work if you suffer pain.
These people who say pot is the only thing that will help with their pain are bullshitting, they are just making excuses to smoke pot. Their are better things out there for pain.
Then see if the symptoms return.
They do seem to be strange symptoms, with the hyperventilating it sounds like anxiety or panic attacks, which you can get from smoking pot.
Don't know if the vomiting is a symptom of this though.
But you are smoking a huge amount of pot, and seing as it stays stored in your fat for three months you probably have a huge amount stored in your body.
Give it a rest for three months and see how you feel, it's the only way you can discount pot as the cause of your symptoms.
And don't listen to these people who say pot is harmless and wont hear a bad word said about it; like any drug taken to extremes it can be harmful.

bushed

These people who say pot is the only thing that will help with their pain are bullshitting, they are just making excuses to smoke pot.

You actually just came out with that here in one of the biggest medical communities in the world?

Ever experienced chronic pain?.... Didnt think so.

In my field of work I meet people on a daily basis who before the pain started were christian rule followers, who would look down on weed smokers. Now they swear by their vape but dont enjoy the muggy side effect that us recreational users call getting high.

You have got alot to learn son.

OT Sorry to here about your troubles it sounds almost like a really extreme migrane. I hope you find an answer and please document it here if you do. Extremly high dosages of medical quality canabis is an mostly unexplored area of reseach.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
You actually just came out with that here in one of the biggest medical communities in the world?

Ever experienced chronic pain?.... Didnt think so.

In my field of work I meet people on a daily basis who before the pain started were christian rule followers, who would look down on weed smokers. Now they swear by their vape but dont enjoy the muggy side effect that us recreational users call getting high.

You have got alot to learn son.

Remember...you are talking to someone who see's "Snitching", as a viable option--:tiphat:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
did your symptoms occur gradually till the 'episodes'?
i mean, did this start with a little nausea and become worse over time? or just hit you like the law?
abdominal pain?

sorry for your troubles, sounds fugly. hope the juicing helps.

Be Well.

dddaver

Veteran
Wow! Lotta misinformed, opinionated, info here. I just have to say smoking 1/3 to 1/2 oz. per day is way too much. Abusing ANYTHING like that will lead to problems and cannot be sustained. Make some edibles dude. That part about anti-bios. working is a big clue. Obviously something in your environment is infecting you, and smoking that much is compounding it. Docs gave me anti-bios. when all my tests came back negative on me for my issues. Sad to say it didn't work. Then they say anti-bios. are being over prescribed? Well, duh. Anyway, good luck. Cut back on the smoking man.

Latest posts

Latest posts