What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maine's medical scene

self

suffice it to say that rolling around with 50 k of anything is risky these days.
especially when it's 50 gs of an untaxed herb the gov't has always seen as a threat, for whatever reason.
When weed is viewed the same as potatoes I'll be the first to drive my truck around at harvest time with lbs of fresh harvest in the back, stinkin' up the town, but right now thats like driving around a truck full of silver dollars ( 36$ oz).
We all know the Man hates it when the little people make money and they can't get their hands on it.
soo...my point? not sure, I kind of lost my train of thought.
be smart, I guess, theres no way to overgrow the state from jail. Not sure if greed comes into it, some people take bigger risks for bigger returns. not my style, but everyone does it different.
peace brothas

KONY

Veteran
friend just called and said he heard on radio lapage signed the bill for 1296 or hwatever it is to remove requirement to register with state

E

emerald city

friend just called and said he heard on radio lapage signed the bill for 1296 or hwatever it is to remove requirement to register with state
Looks like a done deal.The gov is susposed to sign the bill into law this morning....Its a good day for us MMJ patients. :dance013:
Heard on the noon time news the gov,behind closed doors -no press or public, signed the bill ld 1296 into law....great day to be a Maine-ah.

Last edited:
“I am pleased that the Legislature has voted to move the law closer to the initiated bill that was enacted by the voters,” said LePage at the signing. “I am proud to a sign a bill that protects patient privacy and respects the will of the voters.”

t600-Rep%20%20Sanderson%20Attends%20Signing%20of%20L%20D%20%201296.jpg

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
DAMMIT!
I have a bit of respect for LePage now!!!
I've been drinking, and have a buzz on, but I liked what he had to say. The "Will of the voters" has a way of getting over looked these days!
Bravo to Gov. LePage!

anybody hear about these 2 bills that passed an signed by lepage?

L.D. 1159 An Act To Amend the Identification Requirements under the
Maine Medical Use of Marijuana Act
(Sponsor: Rep. HASKELL of Portland)
www.mainelegislature.org/legis/bills/dis...ID=1456&snum=125

L.D. 887 An Act To Include Medicinal Marijuana Patients in the
Controlled Substances Prescription Monitoring Program (Sponsor: Rep.
HASKELL of Portland)
www.mainelegislature.org/legis/bills/dis...ID=1456&snum=125

Your links don't work for me. LD 1159 is really nothing new imo. It changes some wording about cards since they are good for a year now, but who is going to register now anyways lol. The two strikes and your out is also in LD 1296 if I remember correctly. Here is the correct link if anyone wants to look at 1159: http://www.legislature.maine.gov/legis/bills/bills_125th/chapters/PUBLIC383.asp

In your post it sounds like you believe that LD 887 was signed into law and that is incorrect as far as I know. It was voted ought not to pass and is dead. You can confirm that here: http://www.mainelegislature.org/LawMakerWeb/summary.asp?paper=HP0654&SessionID=9

:tiphat:

E

emerald city

Your links don't work for me. LD 1159 is really nothing new imo. It changes some wording about cards since they are good for a year now, but who is going to register now anyways lol. The two strikes and your out is also in LD 1296 if I remember correctly. Here is the correct link if anyone wants to look at 1159: http://www.legislature.maine.gov/legis/bills/bills_125th/chapters/PUBLIC383.asp

In your post it sounds like you believe that LD 887 was signed into law and that is incorrect as far as I know. It was voted ought not to pass and is dead. You can confirm that here: http://www.mainelegislature.org/LawMakerWeb/summary.asp?paper=HP0654&SessionID=9

:tiphat:
apreciate your time :tiphat: to provide us with prompt,precise infomatiom. :thank you:

KONY

Veteran
unrelated to mj, but awesome for the state was the fireworks bill that was signed other day. Sucks it doesnt really become law till 1/2012, but whatever its not really an 'emergency'.

hopefully be able to get fireworks comparable to Pennsylvania next year. NH has some decent ones, but doesnt allow re-loadable mortars, which are the best kind.

C

chefro420

unrelated to mj, but awesome for the state was the fireworks bill that was signed other day. Sucks it doesnt really become law till 1/2012, but whatever its not really an 'emergency'.

hopefully be able to get fireworks comparable to Pennsylvania next year. NH has some decent ones, but doesnt allow re-loadable mortars, which are the best kind.

SAys who? I just snagged a 84 shell kit with , single , double, triple, 4 , and 5 breaks in NH!