What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Failed drugs test at work

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im so glad im Canadian. I thought only u s fucked with workers over some thc.
Op cant your doctor recommend you continue your cannabis use . Dont you have any rights to whaymt treatment you follow? Surely there must be people prescribed thc for various ailments .

I get the whole fire and hire mentality but they mustve seen something in you to promote you. Please update this tho im curious what will happen

I work in a large factory ill take a stoner over an alcoholic or oxy/prescription addicted worker any day.

Until it is federally recognized as legal, in one form or another, businesses will continue with the testing. Each State can make it's own rules but they are not supposed to violate the federal rules.
We see how well that's working though... LMAO!

GGNo2

The more I think about the test the more I think it's fucked. I mean I could be testing positive for a couple of months with a urine sample. That doesn't mean I'm high the whole couple of months.
Yet they test for alcohol with a breath test which is only effective the day you've drank.
It seems messed up I've lost my job because of something I did last before I even started the job.
They need to rethink the test for cannabis, I don't think it's right that someone can lose their employment over a smoke with buddies at the weekend. I could have done crack or smack on the Saturday and pissed clean on the Tuesday ffs.

I'm 8 days off cannabis now and I've rid out the rough. I'm sleeping properly again and I'm getting comments about how I seemed to have changed. I've more energy and I didn't know I'm such a conversationalist lol. I still think fuck it I want a smoke but I haven't. I do miss the stuff but I can't put myself back to square one. Especially seeing as most well paid jobs I can go for seem to test.

watts

ohms
Veteran
I think the job drug test law is to scare people into buying/using cannabis and to use alcohol and pharmaceutical drugs instead.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Hehe seems a strange statement to be made on this forum of all places.. Or has it gone over my head. I never went to work high and thats the problem with these types of tests. Maybe if they used blood samples to test it would be different. Apparently bloods only show a few hours after a smoke. So if you test positive while at work then you're working under the influence which is unacceptable in most jobs. Putting colleagues at risk that is.

I will update once I know what's happening but like I say for now I've done all I can. I'm OK with the idea I've lost the job now. I was just mad at myself at the time. Im going to give it till Monday if I ain't heard anything I will move on to the next job. I really want to work now. I know I'm ready to move on

It went over your head.

I would test positive.

I passed!!

:jump:

:greenstars:

:bis:

Betterhaff

Veteran
Sorry to hear about situation. Really a bummer especially when a good opportunity comes along.

Unfortunately drug testing is a big business, go take a look at a drug testing facility and watch the people coming and going from open to close, especially facilities that do testing for both law enforcement and employers. It may have a place for certain employment (equipment operators, drivers, etc.) but certainly a little much for the majority. Hopefully things will change but it’ll be slow in coming.

I've stated this before, and I will state it once again.

If I was the owner of a large company, and you failed the drug test, you're fired !!!!..... :biggrin:

RMS

:smoweed:
I’m hoping that statement doesn’t apply to you as an owner. A little hypocritical if your testing your people and using yourself. I guess owner privilege but still.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Sorry to hear about your situation man. Everytime I hear a story like your's my blood boils. I live with chronic insomnia and have tried all the pharmaceuticals they have thrown at me to find that cannabis is the only thing that has given me relief. Unfortunately, the doctors, big pharma, and many of the cocksucker companies don't find it acceptable to use. I haven't had relief for over a month because I had to clean out to find work. So basically I haven't been sleeping, I've up for 2 days pushing 3 with no sleep and have the flu at the moment.

The last job I took I had to pass a drug test. It had been 4 days since I last smoked and I knew I was screwed. Somehow against the odds I passed.

It infuriates me that the thing that allows me to live a healthier, happier, and more productive life can put me in jail for growing and using, and can cost me employment and medical care in some situations. Fucking horseshit.

I can't help but think of how bonkers the world is at times. I hope all of this gets sorted out for you. If not, remember it's only a job. They come, they go, and they come back again...That's life for you.

GGNo2

Cheers guys. Had phone call today from HR at corporate. Even with Dr's backing they have strict guidelines so can't allow me back. I'm not even that bummed now. Yeah it sucks but in my mind I had already lost the job so it was easier to accept.

I asked if I'm clean in 4 weeks or so would I be able to reapply, they said they will get back to me about it shortly. I suppose they have to have another meeting about that question. I knew it was unlikely to work anyway. Corporate have to cover their own backs, there's no emotion come into these decisions.

That's OK though. I will be on the job hunt again this week. I'm a lot more confident in my self now so not a complete loss.

I maintain that the piss test is fucked though.
:tiphat:

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
there gives special options for pissing stuff in generally to be negativ...

Mart

Hi:tiphat: perhaps self employment of some sort?
I am a painter and decorator and I know without a sneaky pipe my cutting in is just a tad off..:yoinks:

All the best buddy

Americangrower

Veteran
fok random testing, thats why I quit UPS. My advise is stay clean find a good job that does pre-employment drug testing only. Once you have the job then smoke if you want to, thats what I did. Here in the US there's lots of jobs like that since ton's of people just don't quit smoking and take jobs with no testing at all which are mostly low paying.

GGNo2

Aye the whole thing sucks but a man's gotta do.
Ive got an induction for another job already. Going in on Thursday next week.

Its not great pay but I gotta start somewhere, its a temporary to permanent contract after 8 weeks with a small pay rise after that period.
I'm just keen to start working again and as I mentioned I've got a shadey work history for past ten years or so.
I just need to get my feet under the table somewhere.
I don't believe this place tests but after the shit I went through quiting the weed I don't reckon I will start smoking again. I'm still growing though lol. My Mrs smokes for her health condition so that gives me the motivation.
Got 30 plants on the go at the moment went to replace some bulbs last night and it turns out it 2 of the ballasts that had blown lol. Had to go pick up 2 new ballasts today for when lights come on in a few hours.

Latest posts

Latest posts