What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Chimera strain mélange.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
simply ire

simply ire

This the haze x SS plant 1 on the left. She has the long white pistils the lemon cello sported and most SS dominant strains ive come across. I pulled out the plant for a feeding and the smell projecting from the plant was amazing! It has that sweet skunk incense funk I just love. This thing pumps out funk! I would normally be bummed to get another SS leaner but this plant smells so incredible I really dont mind. The cherry on top is that it's filling in quickly and looks like if grown properly she will produce. Loving this girl at the moment...

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Blockhead Crosses

Blockhead Crosses

This will probably be the last update before the holidays...Below is the cheese (left) and warlock (right) together and some close ups of the warlock. The warlock has been growing with no issues whatsoever. just water and grow...pretty straightforward and im just waiting for the 1st terps to appear so I can smell her. Right now the small buds dont really give off anything. Both plants really not showing much stretch at all...

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Cheese x BH

Cheese x BH

This is the crazy looking cheese plant that is full of leaf and stem mutations. The flat ribbon like stem is twisting on itself as it grows and shooting off multiple branches as it does. The plant is almost wider than it is tall. If you look around the pictures below you will see the flattened stem and leaf mutations all over. Other than that, she seems to be a normal plant. There was an initial stretch upwards and then she started to go sideways..she was never topped. The loud "green" cannabis smell she possessed in veg has vanished and I really have to put my nose to the plant to get the faintest of smell. The tiny new flowers dont smell either. Anyhow here is my circus freak...hoping she becomes the main attraction.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Weird. Both of the mothers used for each of those hybrids are meant to have heavy skunky type terps. Would of thought you'd be able to smell at least something by now. Maybe flowering has to a little bit more along to get the full whack. Or maybe you've got the genetic combination of the Blox side of the cross..

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Weird. Both of the mothers used for each of those hybrids are meant to have heavy skunky type terps. Would of thought you'd be able to smell at least something by now. Maybe flowering has to a little bit more along to get the full whack. Or maybe you've got the genetic combination of the Blox side of the cross..

Hey Kal...yeah I was a bit surprised myself knowing both are in the same terp family which is why I wanted to run them side by side. I believe is as you note that it just needed a bit of time to develop as this morning the cheese plant has more flower and she has started to smell again. Not the same smell as in veg but a mild earthy skunky smell. The warlock I think may share the pollen inputs terp profile as its still a faint smell and I'm picking up some sort of fruit...although it's still early for either plant. At any rate, both plants look like they are in full flower mode and are changing almost daily. I expect both will show their true nature in the upcoming weeks.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Jack Pine week 6

Jack Pine week 6

This is my only pine skunk x jack female. After reading some other grow journals on the jpine, I decided to flower the plant with an even canopy and load up on the nitrogen at the bottom of the container as the plant is said to have a big nitrogen draw in flower. Aside from the mild tip burn, the plant is doing ok. I have a clone that is growing natural and plan to flower it that way for the next run to see the plants true structure. Anyhow, she is very resinous and I think leans towards the Jack side as the smell is very fruity and skunky with just a touch of pine but nothing overwhelming. Thinner leaf structure than I expected but then I've never seen the mom so I'm just speculating.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Of the many hybrids that were released by Chimera over the last 4 or so years, this is one of a few that deserves a deeper pheno hunt. Just my opinion ;)

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Buddha love

Buddha love

rexamus616, thanks. Kalbhairav, yeah I agree. I was bummed that of the 5 seeds i planted only one was a female. I have the other half pack waiting for after this run along with the SS x Jack as well.

Below is an update of the burmese x BB gals I have going at the moment. FB1 on the left is at week #6 and looks like maybe another 2-3 weeks as she is really maturing quickly at this point. The other two I left veg a bit more and as a result are taller but the one in the middle (tallest) has a different structure than FB1, FB3. They all smell fantastic but Ill wait till harvest to give my input on overall smell.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Cheese, Warlock (Blockhead)

Cheese, Warlock (Blockhead)

This is the Cheese x BH (left side) and the Warlock x BH (right). the picture was taken about 10 days ago so they are a bit further along and I'll post at harvest. First off, both plants are stinkers...actually the Jack Pine posted above is also a stinker. The charcoal filter is doing a great job of scrubbing the smell as I dont appreciate the funk until I take them out of the room. the smelliest is the Warlock but it maybe because its the closest to being done. The cheese and Jpine are equally stinky but the Jpine is further behind in flower so I anticipate the smell to intensify. Once out of the room the two plant quickly spread their fragrance throughout the house. I mean really funky. Ill wait to describe the cheese plant as it is still evolving. The warlock was a real surprise with its powerful aroma of sweet rotting fruit with an acrid skunk undertone. The fruitiness is more berry type smell but man it's glorious! Very resinous as you see and exceedingly quick to flower compared to the cheese. I think both plants were at week 8 in the picture but I'm not really sure. The cheese plant really spread out in flower and I like the bud structure. The plant still has some time to go but its started to fill nicely in last couple days. The warlock didn't stretch much and on the next run I will let veg much longer. The cheese didn't need as much veg to perform better. Anyhow here they are:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
What a great load of flowers :D

The Fighting Buddha's (Burmese x BB) are a personal fave. Also a big fave of mayan; he grew so many of the fighting buddha and continued to return to the variety for it's uplifting property's.

Really good to see flowering pics of the warlock and cheese Blox hybrids. I can attest to the warlock variation being a stinker since I've grown it in a different cross. The cheese structure is definitely there, more stretchy like an old school skunk.

You've got some good variety going there Jahaze :) Looking forward to your end notes..

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Fighting Buddha #2,3 at week 4

Fighting Buddha #2,3 at week 4

I failed to get close ups of the FB plants #2,#3 in the previous post so i figured I would post here and provide some observations as well. First off, all three FB plants were planted at the same time and are the same age. Fb1, was put into flower two weeks earlier than fb2,fb3 and as a result the 2,3 had more veg time and grew taller. The plant on the left is fb2 and the one on the right is fb3. Fb2 grew taller than fb3 and was initially behind in flower but has since caught up and may actually be passing fb3 in bud formation and certainly in resin production as can be appreciated in the close up of the flowers. They differ in bud structure slightly with fb3 having a rounder more compact flower set than fb2. I would say that fb1, fb2 share the same bud formation and have larger internode distance than fb3. The leaf structure is also different between fb2 and fb3 with fb3 having sharper pointed serrations and fb2 softer serrated leaves. You have to look closely but you can see what I mean in the close up of the flower. Smell wise all three have a similar nose but fb3 is slightly different. I think fb1 and fb2 may lean towards the Burmese side or at least have more Burmese influence as I'm getting a floral citrus type smell. Having never grown this line before I'm only guessing and in the end it maybe that fb3 is the burmese leaner. If anyone with experience or insight would like to chime in it would be greatly appreciated.

Fb2 top view

Fb3 top view

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Fb2, fb3 continued

Fb2, fb3 continued

Fighting Buddha 2: notice the larger internode distance and more pointed flower structure. You can see that this plant has a bit more resin development at this stage than her sister fb3. This plant more closely resembles fb1 which I'll post afterwards for comparison.

Fighting Buddha 3: rounder flower and tighter node distance. This one began to flower before fb2 but has since fallen slightly behind in resin production. Sharper serrated leaves and the tips of the leaves are just a bit longer as it terminates. Still a nice plant.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Close up of fighting buddha 1

Close up of fighting buddha 1

You can see that plant fb2 has some similarities to this fb1 even though fb1 is at week 6. Flower set is similar and node space is near identical. Lovely structure on all three plants with respectable bud formation all the way down. The pictures are of fb1 but nearer the bottom of the plant...

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Jack Pine week 7

Jack Pine week 7

A few more shots of the jpine now at week 7 flower. This thing keeps pushing resin and starting to swell. Has nice node space allowing for the bud underneath to grow freely and get plump. If the end product is worth keeping ill run this plant a bit fuller as I suspect she'll grow decent sized buds at every possible node. Anyways here she is coated with resin from top to bottom.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Cheese x BH

Cheese x BH

Here's the cheese x bh at week 9. I check her resin under magnification and she has about 30% amber and the rest completely opaque...not a clear gland in site. She will come down on Sunday bringing her to 10 weeks flower. The warlock came down two days ago and is currently drying.

Cheese x BH W9 Flower

pinkus

Veteran
subscribed.

I have some BH congo I hope to pop sometime soon, but I only have slots for 3 large plants in flower ATM.

I have 3 going into flower soon that all have at least some Chimera genes:

My chosen plant (Trademark or Churros is what I call her) is a (MexHighlandxBB)x(GrapefruitxBB) that I have grown out many times.
The other two are the TMx(GorillaGlue#4xMystery). They all stink so, so wonderfully. :biggrin:

also growing and keeping the one lullablox female I got. 7 males and 1 female so far. 2 beans left in the pack.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
subscribed.

I have some BH congo I hope to pop sometime soon, but I only have slots for 3 large plants in flower ATM.

I have 3 going into flower soon that all have at least some Chimera genes:

My chosen plant (Trademark or Churros is what I call her) is a (MexHighlandxBB)x(GrapefruitxBB) that I have grown out many times.
The other two are the TMx(GorillaGlue#4xMystery). They all stink so, so wonderfully. :biggrin:

also growing and keeping the one lullablox female I got. 7 males and 1 female so far. 2 beans left in the pack.

Hi pinkus, those crosses sound nice. As for the Congo x BH, I too have some waiting to pop but am contemplating more blueberry crosses I have that need to see light of day first. Currently thinking about some HMxBB and C-Plus along with the old Ultimix packs I have. The Congo x Jack I flowered a while back gave me three females and one was a real stand out. Probably my favorite day and summer smoke at the time. Unfortunately I lost her clone in an extended absence from the garden and the plant I had in flower I was unable to reveg successfully. I have since scored a pack of both the SS and BH crosses to the Congo in an effort to recapture that great high. Good luck and look forward to seeing your garden in full flower.