What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tower of Power Completed

I want to thank all those that gave me help with the questions I was asking on my 1st pc grow box build.

Tower Specs:
Box 27H x 8.5W x 18L. This use to be a 7 tray DVD duplicator.

Lighting: 3- 23w CFL Bulbs, 1 Daylight 6500 & 2 Soft White 2700s

Air Movement: 3 80mm PC Fans. 2 fans are wired to a 12v dc adapter, and the other fan is wired to a 5.7v dc adapter. All 3 fans are mounted on the inside rear of the pc and I have the front set up for a passive intake.

Power Supply: I have 2 power strips inside with one hard wired to the PSU and the other used for the lights. Everything that need power is plugged into the strip that's hard wired, so I can have only one cord coming out the rear and look normal.

Odor Control: Activated Carbon Filters

Hydroponics: Bubbler System. one inch rock wool cubes, 2 3" net pots, hydro clay pellets, whisper air pump, 6" air stone & 5.7 liter tub with lid.

Temps: Digital
Nutes: GH Flora Series
Seeds: Bagseeds will be used for my very first grow so I can learn as I grow, then I will look into getting some auto seeds.

Grow Plan: I want to grow using 12/12 from seed and one day be able to get 1oz out of this pc.

As promised, here is my 1st pc grow box. Ps please comment.

5th, I have one filter at the top rear exhaust hole on the inside. I will be making 3 scrubbers using those pencil cups once I start my growing.

5th

Veteran
Ahh alright. I thought that was a louver type thingy for keeping the light out.

You've a solid plan and what looks like a solid build-out Soul, good luck man. Diving in pretty deep with hydro n' whatnot for a first grow but I wish you all the best. Have fun growing, the rest will fall into place.

:tiphat:

Thanks 5th for the kind words of wisdom. The carbon filter at the top is shaped like a louver. I have 2 of them taped to the top exhaust hole on the inside.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great job, Soul!!! Get the bag seed going!!! Look forward to reading about your progress!!

Thanks Aridbud, I will be germinating this week. Once my 1st grow is done, I like your strains Presto F1 & Tokarev T3 F1 to be my next grow. 60 days that's what's I need.��

vostok

Veteran
Instead of being busted for cannabis $200 fine ...you get busted for being a pirate $240,000
fine ......lol

ps I prefer the cfl to lower to the plants ...lol

To Vostok, this use to be a DVD tower now it's a secret growing machine. I removed all the DVD units in the front. The front door is always locked on the box also. People think it's a giant computer not even knowing it once was a duplicator.

To tleaf jr. Thanks for tuning into my show.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Aridbud, I will be germinating this week. Once my 1st grow is done, I like your strains Presto F1 & Tokarev T3 F1 to be my next grow. 60 days that's what's I need.��

Thanks for your afterthoughts.....Yeah, Presto and Tokarev will be here for you whenever you are ready.

Meanwhile....hoping your experience is an enlightened one with the germing seeds you've got going on soon!!! I think you'll really enjoy watching your plants grow!!! And you'll learn, too! Nothing wrong with that....maybe fine tune, a few adjustments along the way....but I think you'll come out with a nice product.

Thanks aridbud for those kind words. I germed 2 bagseeds today in rockwool cubes with 5.8 ph water.i will post photo tonight.

Seeds germ update

Seeds germ update

It's been 2 days now and the seeds I placed in the rockwool have not germ yet. I got them in a empty DVD tube for a mini germ station. I bought a small desk for $10, I want to start building it for a grow. How would you design it?

RoadRash

love these pc grows :lurk:

Me too !

There was also a thread about water cooled set-ups - it made me think of the 1 and 2 fan cooler + CPU water cooler set-up that computer companies sell.

I was wondering if there was a way to integrate a PC water cooler into a grow rig. I mean so it does something functional. Cool a ballast perhaps ?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's been 2 days now and the seeds I placed in the rockwool have not germ yet. I got them in a empty DVD tube for a mini germ station. I bought a small desk for $10, I want to start building it for a grow. How would you design it?[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=51228&pictureid=1212339&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

I've seen dressers where the drawers are tricked out. If it were me, I'd get good grade plywood and enclose or make the front side look like a cabinet door. Keep the drawer fonts, (maybe screwing them to frame (?) but cut the actual drawer part. Then sand/stain a nice wood color.

In the back....cut holes to add pc fans and your electrical.

Here's the cabinet a made several years ago....have three 2 bulb set T-5's in it, 3 PC fans (with charcoal filter material) and silver reflective foam sheets interior. Most folks think it's a small wine cellar!! Ha!

Good luck, Soulrebel!!

Last edited:
It's Germ Time

It's Germ Time

Here is a photo of 2 Bagseeds I got germing in Grodan cubes. I'm using a DVD container for germination. The seed on the left popped out this morning and the one on the right popped out of its shell but has not came out the top of the cube yet. Can I use tweezers to reposition the seedling?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is a photo of 2 Bagseeds I got germing in Grodan cubes. I'm using a DVD container for germination. The seed on the left popped out this morning and the one on the right popped out of its shell but has not came out the top of the cube yet. Can I use tweezers to reposition the seedling?[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=51228&pictureid=1213395&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

Yay! The babies are up!! Nah, don't worry about repositioning (unless part of root is not in the hole)...they know to grow towards the light.

Can you rig the desk starting w/ 125w...if not ample, you can affix another? Depending on what you are using...cfl, t5's? Definitely you want reflective walls. You have that in tower?

Cool you are using CD container, the DVD tower...very cool!!

To Aridbud, I will get that 125 cfl with the hood for my desk build. I'm painting the inside flat white. I used a emergency blanket in the tower. Oh I thought it would be nice to use a DVD spindle for germing since this is DVD tower. I did a test run today for 30mins and the temp was 93f. Any ideas on this?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My only suggestion...maybe lose the emergency blanket....from experiences camping/backpacking, we used it to keep the warmth next to our bodies. Maybe that's what it's doing to your tower cabinet.

I have 3 sets of 2 ft. T-5's which do not have a high heat output. You may have to investigate good wattage cfl bulbs that do not build up heat.

Your pc fans are operational?

And because you don't want to cause suspicion, is your tower air tight because of the light emitted?

When investigating that....remember your desk unit will be lower, thus use light fixtures that will not create excess heat.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest posts