What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

guerilla ferts

tommy1984

Hey every one, Im looking for a good guerrilla grow fertilizer.. I cant use organics because the plants get dug up by critters every time. I was planing on trying heavy harvest this next season because Its hard to carry gallons and gallons of pre mixed nutes through the woods, but advanced Nutrients pulled it off the market. Sooo Im looking for that perfect fert for my situation, Any input?

Ulysses

Plants get dug up because critters are sniffing for the blood and bone meals- probably using too much of it.

Fox Farms Fruit and Flower, Tomato and Vegetable, Jump Start, All Purpose and the high P Bat Guano are good especially if you let your soil mix "cook"...

Espoma Bio tone Starter Plus and Tomato tone also decent.

Pulverized Dolomite Lime @ 1 cup per 10 gal of dirt.

Water is the biggest problem usually outdoors...

rangergord

Your own urine mixed with water. 10-20 parts water to one part urine. Its all I use on my outdoor herb. Works great, its cheap and readily available. Tip: take a plastic bottle (water or soda), Pee in it. Store until ready to use. Add 10 to 20 bottles of water to 1 bottle of urine. Simple.

Gelado`

Veteran
Definitely organics. Worm castings, rock phosphate, kelp and ash with some dolomite lime/oyster shell/etc. I get organic fertilizer for agriculture dirt cheap and it works very well! It's packed with good stuff and fortified with bennies. I wouldn't use any bone or blood though because that's what's causing issues as Ulysses pointed out.

Granger2

Veteran
Coyote or big cat urine crystals work wonders for repelling pest mammals and marsupials. Sprinkle in spots in a broad perimeter around your garden. It repels, by inciting fear rather than stink. They will stay well clear of the area. Cheap and the effects last for months, though I would re-apply after a rain. Good luck. -granger

Latest posts

Latest posts