What's new

Custom Pro Mix for outdoor Grow...

Treetops

Morning all,
Could someone please help me with a soil mix of
Pro Mix they have used outside that works well..I have Pro Mix 4 bags, Super Phospahte, Bat Guano, Bone Meal, Neptune Seaweed, and of course Fox Farm products I already have...
Thanks in advance,
:thank you:
Treetops

Ulysses

Do a search for Moonshine Mix...

Personally, I'd lose the Super Phosphate.

I'd like to see Pulverized Dolomite Lime and some EWCs to turbocharge the guano and bone.

I often add a block of Coco Chunks and Diatomaceous Earth if they are on hand...

Best of Luck!

Treetops

Do a search for Moonshine Mix...

Personally, I'd lose the Super Phosphate.

I'd like to see Pulverized Dolomite Lime and some EWCs to turbocharge the guano and bone.

I often add a block of Coco Chunks and Diatomaceous Earth if they are on hand...

Best of Luck!

Thanks for the info....Looks like it did well enough for me on that plant...Gotta read more, but this is a great start....Like the idea of the big chunks of perlite too...and your idea of the Lime and Worm castings...I'm a rookie, and learning each day something new in this experience with the plant..
Again, Thanks for the help..
Peace,
Treetops

heres a link to a post i just made with a few different popular soil mixes that people use.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=239227

and heres a mix i use and has been very good to me.

one bail pro mix bx (3.8 cf) 70% peat moss 30% perlite
one bag coco coir (1.7)

or one bail of canadian peat moss (3.8cf) one bag of coco coir (1.7cf) and a bag of perlite (1.7cf) instead of the promix

one smaller bag of earthworm castings (1.0cf i think)
1 small bag of pumice
7 cups ff peace of mind or organicare pure 5-5-5 or 6-5-5 something like those
5 cups fast acting pelletized lime
1.25 cups blood meal
1.25 cups feather meal
5 cups fish bone meal
2.5 cups bulb food
1.25 cups soft rock phosphate
2.5 cups kelp meal
5 cups alfalfa meal
12 cups steer manure

and if you can find these and want to add some extras then these are perfect but i dont find them all mandatory.

2.5 cups greensand
5 cups oyster shells
2.5 cups dolomite lime
2.5 cups gypsum
2.5 cups azomite
2.5 cups epsom salts
5 cups humic acid ore
1 cup high nitrogen bat guano

sprinkle mykos at the bottom of the root hole in each pot

let cook for 20-30 days or more. water with chlorine free water and turn every day to every few days. cooks faster in the sun. fills up a big kiddie pool. no nutes necessary, just water and a few AACT's. once at beginning of veg and once at at beginning of flower or every third watering. teas have ewc, alaskan humus, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, seaweed extract, fish hydrosylate, humic acid, mollasses

the gnome

Veteran
be careful using blood, bone and feather meals or shrimp crab meals.
it can draw wild animals an they will root thru your soil looking for goodies,
I did a mix with blood and bone meal in pots for my tomatoes this year in the back yard and dang racoons dug them up for 3 weeks.

a friend used cotton seed meal in his outdoor plot and the deer killed his plants digging rooting thru the soil looking for the goodies and termites loved them and then moved to eating the center of the mainstem.

hell even planting pot can screw it up,
one year we planted our month old seedlings in a new spot that was perfect
you could only access it by boat or a long hike thru hell,
so, when they got about 30" hi we kept noticing someone was cutting off the bottom branches?
clean cuts, not ripped off all about the same distance from the main stem
very methodical.... who would do this?
and who would do this every few days and not just take everything at once?
we could find no footprints?

then we started discovering neat piles of leaves and tips within 10 foot of the plants, no stems? once again very neat and very methodical.

now we were really getting very perplexed about this time trying to figure out who would take the pot in veg? and leave the leaves? we started coming to the conclusion we may be dealing with something not human :chin:
about the time we 1/2 the plot was gone we caught the perp red handed but she escaped!!
it was a large wood mouse or rat.

she was expecting and took a liking to our hi quality canabis stems.
this meant war by god!!
we tried traps and we tried bait, we even ran after her with shovels intending to cause great harm
when the opportunity presented its self
then we came armed with a 22 rifle... but nada.

we were getting desperate and even tried importing hand cut custom twigs and branches for her!
nada....
we even picked the stems out of our bags of mexican weed!!
nada....she preferred the fresh stuff.

by this time there really wasn't much left to to fight about
she stripped 80% of the branches leaving only the greener less woody new growth, shes was fussy about what would be acceptable

then out of the blue she quit defoliating our patch, we guessed she had her
brood and didn't need our stems anymore.
next year and for 6 years there after we grew in the same plot but never ran across another wood mouse

Last edited:

Treetops

heres a link to a post i just made with a few different popular soil mixes that people use.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=239227

and heres a mix i use and has been very good to me.

one bail pro mix bx (3.8 cf) 70% peat moss 30% perlite
one bag coco coir (1.7)

or one bail of canadian peat moss (3.8cf) one bag of coco coir (1.7cf) and a bag of perlite (1.7cf) instead of the promix

one smaller bag of earthworm castings (1.0cf i think)
1 small bag of pumice
7 cups ff peace of mind or organicare pure 5-5-5 or 6-5-5 something like those
5 cups fast acting pelletized lime
1.25 cups blood meal
1.25 cups feather meal
5 cups fish bone meal
2.5 cups bulb food
1.25 cups soft rock phosphate
2.5 cups kelp meal
5 cups alfalfa meal
12 cups steer manure

and if you can find these and want to add some extras then these are perfect but i dont find them all mandatory.

2.5 cups greensand
5 cups oyster shells
2.5 cups dolomite lime
2.5 cups gypsum
2.5 cups azomite
2.5 cups epsom salts
5 cups humic acid ore
1 cup high nitrogen bat guano

sprinkle mykos at the bottom of the root hole in each pot

let cook for 20-30 days or more. water with chlorine free water and turn every day to every few days. cooks faster in the sun. fills up a big kiddie pool. no nutes necessary, just water and a few AACT's. once at beginning of veg and once at at beginning of flower or every third watering. teas have ewc, alaskan humus, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, seaweed extract, fish hydrosylate, humic acid, mollasses

Thank you SlausonsGarden,
So nice to have so many options for this rookie to choose from....This is the best hobby is the world, and I thank the many "
teachers" of this great forum like you who help us...
Peace,
Treetops

Treetops

Thanks Gnome,
Cute story and I give you a "hats off" to a trying pest...LOL...Glad all worked out in the end....
Peace,
Treetops