What's new

best blueberry on the market?

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
I've always wanted to smoke some genuine tasting/smelling blueberry.

I'm looking to buy some beans real soon and my list is full of sweet berry and other flavors except that blueberry sweetness I always herd about.

I see DJ short has a couple blueberrie varieties are they a true blueberry tasting strain and worth the venture and funds to find what I'm looking for?

DJ SHORTS TRUE BLUE, in my Opinion , is HANDS DOWN THE ULTIMATE in blueberry . now i am als partial to GRAPE CRUSH ... dj short has been working for along time refining all the best phenotypic charicterstics .. alot of those strains are variations of the blueberry he brought back from canada < so ive heard > but this is worth the price he asks.... most expensive beans ive ever had the privlage of growing.. and speaking of growing we have 10 DJ shorts TRUE BLUE going now in the green house awaiting the outdoor season!

benzo

Dj short blueberry , or true blue berry hands down.

No a cash crop , but a def worth it. I was lucky to find mine in clone form.

Good luck in your search bro.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I heard white labels is very good. I've had better luck with blueberry crosses in the past to be honest.

BudZad7

True Blueberry Yum!!!

True Blueberry Yum!!!

:tiphat: Hello Everyone ! Never had 100% Blueberry, but the next best thing is make your own if possible....So from seed a True Blueberry male pollen was used from 2005, crossed it with everything that was flowering at that time, but one plant stood out, it was a female Beatrix Choice from 1986 seed, took those F-1 seeds and this is the result:::
Also, it smells/tastes like blueberries, also the hash/oils taste like blueberries, and are a lite purple color.....:)

Attachments

• IMG_6421.jpg
    IMG_6421.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6437.jpg
    IMG_6437.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 7
H

highsteppa

DJ Short says you'll find more blueberry fruit flavors in original blueberry vs true blueberry. Interestin cross with the Beatrix ^^^sounds good. It would make sense that a heavily inbred line may show its best when hybridized, but there are also some killer straight BB cuts...as far as on thmarket it would have to be DJ or Joey Weed, maybe dutch passion

Im with ya...love to find an ol school perfect blue....

Recently got some SOL Blubonic & im amazed :) ....very impressed with this one

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Right on! Thanks for all the feedback its a reassurance for me to give DJ shorts blueberry and true blueberry a try.

I'd like to find that perfect full blueberry effect pheno for my arsenal of strains

Hell maybe find a good male to breed with too?

Thanks again everyone.

G

growhigh1233

im gunna go against the grain and say stagmartas and even dutch passion ................... nothing aginst dj only his prices !!

the law of adverages says you have more chance of findin a keeper from 20 (seeds as you can get for the price of 10 dj's) as you do from a pack of 10 dj shorts !, iv read alot of people saying they have not found a blueberry smelling or tasteing pheno in serveral packs of dj's blueberry and plus the hole stretch indica debate ............... alot of peeps say they prefure the older stout indica blueberry held by stag and dp !!

not the stretch indica as dj has put it

and lets face it most people in europe anyway , there experiances of blueberry will most likely be from dp or stag !

Finepointcanon

Veteran
I've had Dj's and DP's and I've gotta say that Dj's was hands-down the winner.

Now, I didn't grow either so I can't speak on that, and the smells and tastes were too similar to call it one way or the other, but the appearance and high on Dj's were far and away superior.

The pheno of Dj's bb that I sampled had a blue/silver sheen on the outside of the buds and a light purple tinge underneath. The Dp sample just looked like good ol sparkley purplish weed. Dj definitely knows how to breed weed that makes you say, "huh, didn't know weed could do that."

Now the high on Dj's bb... it was kind of like Flo if Flo had popped a few xanax. Basically, it was sedating, yet "shimmering" if that adjective doesn't rob me of my credibility. It was incredibly relaxing but still very cerebral, very good for flowing ideas and giddy laughter. It feels like your face and head are "sparkling" on the surface and I always found myself smiling whether or not I meant to. I almost like it more than Flo, in fact, if it were still winter I'd take his bb over Flo.

The high from Dp's bb was like Dj's except minus the "shimmering" or "sparkling" aspects. It still had the nicely smiling sedating side, but it was as if the volume had been turned down on these in comparison to Dj's.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
I've grown out DJ's True BB, and I had zero keepers. The only one that produced anything didn't get anyone high. Granted, all were very INTERESTING plants, but in all I was dissappointed. This is not to say that I wouldn't buy DJ Short anymore, but I definitely wouldn't buy TBB again. (2005 stock)

Ulysses

I've been growing BB for years and more recently Flo.

The "problem" with BB is the diverse number of phenos you get in the original packs, veg time/quality, how long they flower, chem vs. organic, indoor vs. outdoor, seeded vs. sinse...

I've grown BB that was referred to as the 'cocaine' plant, another the blueberry marshmellow- an artificial BB smell, a sage smelling plant that buzzed you all day, a giant fan leaf indica leaner that hermied but crushed you slack jaw drooling and staring at lights...

Mostly Blueberry are an expression of DJ Short's original work- others are f2ing or at best keeping a breeding pair. Stick with DJ and make your own seeds!

There is a good reason this strain has been around for sooo long- it's damn good shit and excellent breeding material. A complex, multi-diamentional high with no ill effects at all, a smooth come down, and often, a refreshing after effect. It's all about the High or the Experience as DJ calls it. Usually, the second generation and beyond are as good as the first if you are at least a reasonably skilled amateur breeder...

So, my tips:

DJ Short's seed grown organically with lots of EWC and Molassas and a long veg in a deep container so the plant doesn't go root bound. BB is not a heavy feeder and if you overnute, you risk losing the awesome BB scent. Coco helps BB. Grow outdoors. The indoor lights seem to evaporate some of the more subtle terpenoids. Don't be afraid to seed some of the popcorn buds. Flower until you get some cloudy trichs regardless of how many weeks. Long slow air cure.

I have BB buds in glass exceeding 36 months cure- dry? yep. but super smooth and gets you as high as day 1 fully cured... And the bubble???

Best of Luck!

purpleplayer007

I grew some blueberry from the club a few years back but it didn't impress me. Pretty sure it was dutch passion or some other knock off. DJ Shorts true blue is supposed to be the one.

I always wondered if he uses the same landrace parent stock he bred with when he started. Like the thai or the columbians.

I wanna find the right blueberry with the most euphoria like the kind you get from a vicodin or percocet. Random strains I would get before the clubs used to give me this effect .

Benuw

I've always been partial to the original blue by Dutch passion. Dj's new stock to me all seems really similar to each other.frown the blue heaven and the original blue, growing the flo now. They are all high quality stuff, but more blueberry smell/flavor in the original.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Im with ya...love to find an ol school perfect blue....

Recently got some SOL Blubonic & im amazed :) ....very impressed with this one

how was the smell on yours....my blubonic looks almost exactly like that but zero blueberry smell when dried...people say it smells like a weak melon or something...very bland taste even though its pretty damn frosty...

im lucky to have some kind of blueberry cut that i will be taking clones from soon....

Hey Yes4Prop215 :wave: ..... that Blubonic i decided to keep smells like grape jolly ranchers...i went & bought some just to see if i had lost my mind & damn if they don't smell the same...kinda creapy really....not sure how she'll end up after a few weeks in the jars....i'll do a smoke report on both my SOL strains.. soon....this SFVxBS is smelling like a sure winner...pic's before the chop...in 2 day's...

Best of luck on your hunt green thumb..... im sure with so many good people here....you'll be sent in a proper direction...also sorry if i got off topic in your thread..:wave:

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I have a lovely BB from f2's that I got elsewhere, it is real fruity, but not a real bb flavor. I will try DJ's in a year or two when I get enough of this gal.

growhi

best ........dj

best value for money ........... dp from the bou

the blue i found in dp stock is some fine weed

Latest posts

Latest posts