What's new

Ferts. for my outdoor grow

Using a promix solution with Epsoma planttone mixed into it then using osmocote sprinkled around the base (far enough from stalk too prevent rot) and then mixing a liquid veg. nut. solution to give them a fresh watering so they have some food till the dry ferts. kick in.......... lets hear opinions............ trying to avoid worm castings but may mix in as well

Starting plants as well rooted clones not as seeds

:jump::moon::jump::moon::jump::moon::jump::moon::jump::moon::jump::moon::jump::moon::jump:

Using a promix solution with Epsoma planttone mixed into it then using osmocote sprinkled around the base (far enough from stalk too prevent rot) and then mixing a liquid veg. nut. solution to give them a fresh watering so they have some food till the dry ferts. kick in.......... lets hear opinions............ trying to avoid worm castings but may mix in as well

Starting plants as well rooted clones not as seeds

:jump::moon::jump::moon::jump::moon::jump::moon::jump::moon::jump::moon::jump::moon::jump:

Use osmocote and watch it grow great then wen you smoke that nasty CHEMICAL filled pretty bud u will see y u shudnt have used it.. no way to flush that crap out

i say this cause i messed up and used it one yr

Good for flowers but not MJ.. Use the worm castings or a slow released Organic fert...

Just my 2 cents..Goodluck either way

great to know! ill prob switch my osmocote with worm castings then mix them in with my promix and organic planttone and have that as my total substrate n add the plant tone as needed great advice because i didnt even consider that....... possibly picking up some anyway and at the end of the season work it into my old holes to try to prep them for next season

grimcreeper

Sounds like a good plan. I can't say where I stand on the Osmocote. I go back and forth on the synthetic nute thing.

Only thing I would add is some molasses for chelation and to feed your dirt critters.

One thing for sure: Epsoma Plant Tone rocks. It is one of my favorite ferts and it brings out great flavor and aroma in the buds.They use cocoa bean meal as one of the ingredients and you can really smell it when you open the bag. It smells like a chocolatey barnyard. It is best mixed into a hole some months prior to planting so it can rot down a bit.

Worm castings are great as a foliar too! They're easy to make if you build a worm bin.

Ulysses

The 'Tones used to be good when they where manure based- now, it feather meal, poultry litter based- the cocoa husks do smell great...

Get yourself some Alaska Fish Fertilizer 5-1-1 at Home DePot for 8 bucks. The Tone line is slow release N! Slow breakdown. Says so right on the bag!

Worm castings are the best thing to happen to MJ growing since the Sun.

The osmocote should be scattered in the weeds surrounding your grow for camouflauge for you plants... Make sure it doesn't rinse into your root ball...

Just remember to use anything with blood, bone, or fish in it sparingly, or dilute it; as scavenging predators are attracted to the scent, & dig up your plants.