What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr. Nice, DJ Short, Cannacopia Outdoor 2011

Lav

Baned
OK people, let's get this thing started!

Last year I had success with some donated bag seeds for my first grow outdoors in many years.
Great fun, good smoke! Learned a lot.

I had many evenings since last year to peruse the Boo' (and elsewhere) and dream of this day!
Here's the lineup!!!1! Let me know what you think and are you as excited as me???!! :jump: :jump::jump: :jump: :jump:

2011 outdoor hodge podge

3 - LSD
4 - Mr. Nice Walkabout mix
4 - Cannacopia Deep Chunkolate
5 - DJ Short Cocoa Kush
1 - Magus Warlock fem
1 - "Cheese" seed (donated)
1 - LSD Who? (donated)
1 - seed from last year's bagseed grow

Last year I had a problem with my plants breaking in storms/wind. I fed the plants regularly and they may have grown too big for their britches.

This year I plan to go organic and if I give them anything at all, it will be some horse manure tea or side dressing of manure.

Be seeing you here and on your grow pages I hope!!

:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lav

Baned
4/19
Wrapped the seeds in some pre-rinsed unprinted paper towels and saturated with Dasani bottled water.

4/20 (Great day to start! :))
Placed each seed in a peat pot with my mixture of seed starting mix, MiracleGro organic potting soil, perlite, bone meal, and sand.
Placed in tray and flooded with water to allow pots to saturate.

4/23
Seed heads popping up!

Lav

Baned
Current now... 100% germ rate!

Took first pics! Yaze!

Twenty pots in all. Appears that all twenty have sprouted!
One of the Deep Chunkolates is struggling to lose it's husk and may not survive after I tried to help it.
I poked another Mr. Nice Walkabout seed into the pot as backup.
picture.php

Lav

Baned
Close up to meet a Mr. Nice Walkabout mix specimen.
Behind him are two blurry Deep Chunkolates.

picture.php

R

RedRain

i have heard great things about DJ Short Cocoa Kush

Nice pics, K+ to you

dang...you have some nice choices in genetics!

Lav

Baned
One seed hasn't sprouted yet so make that a 95% germ rate. One of the Deep Chunkolates. Replaced it with a new DC seed.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
gonna be excellent summer project fo su with this such an a excellent strains homie, i pull out a chair for this one so keep it up..keep it green grower!!!

G

growhigh1233

looking really good there mate lookin forward to this grow some strains that id really like to try !!

i haVE the lsd my self reaLLY strong smoke !!

cant wait to see how they do outside :)

have 5 stars on me !!!

Lav

Baned
OK, the small handful of bone meal in each hole at transplanting time was a mistake. Something dug up five plants a few days later at one site... found 3 of the plants tossed aside and I replanted them. Not sure if they'll make it. Suspect either groundhog or deer were going for the bone meal.

Applied some manure around the plants to knock out the smell. So far it's worked.

I don't even want to know which ones I lost. I'm hoping it wasn't any of DJ's Cocoa Kushes.

When I got something worth shooting I'll take some pics to post and take inventory.

:wave:

Lav

Baned
Checked in on the plants today and there was that smell that met me! They stink already!!! Yaze!
Two or three slowgrowers, the rest are between 1 and 2 feet tall.

Still need to take inventory. Haven't lost anymore since the animal dug some up going for the bone meal.

Yes, pictures would be nice.

Lav

Baned
Had heavy downpour that lasted over an hour. All the plants survived!

Last year I had experienced considerable wind and rain damage. I believe that not feeding them ferts this year has helped prevent excess growth. Plants are very healthy from all the organic matter.

The largest plant is one of the Mr. Nice Walkabout mix plants. Tall and thin-leaved, very sativa like.

Second largest plant is an unknown "Cheese" seed given to me.

The Deep Chunkolate is awesome looking. Short but bushy with W I D E leaves and very lush.

The cocoa kushes are going to mix somehow with those chunkolates for BEANS for next year if I can help it.

Grow strong my friends!

Lav

Baned
Damn I feel bad for holding back with pics. Here's one of the Deep Chunkolates (Cannacopia)
Growing next to the cocoa kush (DJ Short). I want CHILDREN!!!

Lav

Baned
Yello!

Have had some more rip-roaring thunderstorms, and no damage except a bent leaf or two! I'm psyiced they're standing up still unlike last year.

I've been posting up some pics in different threads, but will try and keep everything here from now on.

Is this a good enough peek to tell if it's a boy or girl? Your help is needed.
It's from a Mr. Nice Walkabout mix pack. It's the tallest plant I have.

picture.php

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts