What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In Search Of: Monkey Paw

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkcrate

i just seen this thread as i was also wondering about the Monkey Paw strain as i was looking for seeds myself, im now in Michigan and have a friends wife who has MS, and in constant pain, i wanted to make some tincture with the Monkey Paw... any seeds available? i have 59 strains of seeds any currently have 10 i got in my grow tents that i hope can make a viable tinct for pain relief for MS. please let me know if any Monkey Paw seeds are available for trade or otherwise.

thanx
crate

I am still sifting through the flowers, pulling seeds. After I wrap a few things up in my personal life I will try to get some of the Monkey Princess(MP x C99) to the Boo or Bay as freebies im thinkin... If anyone is interested Please let me know as I do not want to have em sitting on a shelf somewhere. I can find them another home if that's the case.

And as a side note, with cooler temps I noticed a lot more banana in that tropical fruit cocktail!

I'm not any help in finding this strain but I'd like to add that I bought some of this in high school, well over 20 years ago from a guy who often went to Cleveland where he got it. I was pretty new to smoking at the time so don't remember too much about it except that like you said, the buds were so dense it looked like we were getting ripped off. I assumed I was because I didn't have scales back then. Back then we rarely ever got named strains which is why the name always stuck with me. So... the name was at least being pedaled in '88 :)

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
ICOVO's nugs do look more yellow than most and in structure of flower more rounded. Might be what your looking for?

Betterhaff

Veteran
The herb we got in the 70’s as Monkey Paw was said to be bulk Thai (I think something similar has been mentioned in this thread before). It was good, similar to Thai stick, buds were dense and had a brownish hue. The buds tended to be small but bigger than Thai stick bud, almost like popcorn, and if they came with any stem they had a structure to them that resembled paws.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ICmag is not to be used as a means for trolling for cuts or arranging meet ups or trading, etc.

Please edit your post seeing as this is a thread I started...

And then make sure to take time to actually read the TOU that you agreed to.

If you are in Michigan, get involved with one of your local compassion clubs and you just might stumble across a few ICmaggers in the process.

Sorry, not trying to be rude - but those are the rules around here. :tiphat:

**edit**

Thanks to which ever MOD removed the offending post.

dank.Frank

Last edited:
Well, I got a visitor message from symbiote420 wanting to talk about Monkey Paw... If you read this Sym, I don't think I can send a pm yet... Or at least I don't know how! lmao!

I still have the cut and the Monkey Princess F1(MP x C99) that I plan to send in to IC just waiting for the testers to confirm they are good to go.

I dunno? Sorry for getting a lil off topic Dank Frank! Thanks for starting this thread devoted to this truly unique genotype!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it's about monkey paw, then it's not off topic at all...

Honestly, I'm not 100% convinced what you have is the same thing I came across...

That is to say - what I came across, based on everything shared in this thread - was likely NOT Monkey Paw - but merely something being called that...which happens so often.

This isn't to take away from anything - I'm just not certain it's the same thing anymore. If you read the description I give on the first page, it just doesn't fit with how everyone remembers the Paw...

But certainly, keep this thread alive and going - as it's the only thread to even discuss Monkey Paw.

dank.Frank

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
I wonder if the monkey paw you are looking for is of any relation to the Sagmartha used by Orgnkid in the Banana Ogk...?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, yes it does. I've talked with him in PM about it. He had never seen this thread - and his description was nearly spot on to what I came across...

One day - I'll find out for sure.

dank.Frank

symbiote420

Veteran
I didn't notice your post count before I tried to send the PM. I was just trying to see who had the Monkey Paw clone and was willing to hook my pal Motarebel up with a cut! We talked about it a couple of times and it's something he'd really like to work with!!

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Monkey paw is Vietnamese black x Nepalese highland, was in michigan as early as 1977, and is the basis of reef's willie nelson. I'd kill for a cut, it's a 20+ week flower, but it was originally a seed strain, so there's different flavors floatin around. I smoked a peppery lemon pheno a year ago so it's still around, from the same circles as the kryptonite, great strain from the mitten

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
I didn't notice your post count before I tried to send the PM. I was just trying to see who had the Monkey Paw clone and was willing to hook my pal Motarebel up with a cut! We talked about it a couple of times and it's something he'd really like to work with!!

Once I can pm ill track down the source, I'm runnin twisted fruit v2 atm, very impressed

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Not sure about the lineage but the timing sounds about right, maybe even a little earlier.

This is just the earliest I can date it accurately. I'm 22 so it's way before my time, but an old school farmer I'm close with told me a story about a joint of it making the walls crawl in 77', smoked the nuglet with me that I was lucky enough to find, and it took him back in time, said there was no mistaking the black trim leaves and extreme fox tailing

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Monkey paw is Vietnamese black x Nepalese highland, was in michigan as early as 1977, and is the basis of reef's willie nelson. I'd kill for a cut, it's a 20+ week flower, but it was originally a seed strain, so there's different flavors floatin around. I smoked a peppery lemon pheno a year ago so it's still around, from the same circles as the kryptonite, great strain from the mitten

This is just the earliest I can date it accurately. I'm 22 so it's way before my time, but an old school farmer I'm close with told me a story about a joint of it making the walls crawl in 77', smoked the nuglet with me that I was lucky enough to find, and it took him back in time, said there was no mistaking the black trim leaves and extreme fox tailing

I was going to respond, but after reading my reply... I'm not even going to touch that.

maybe Frank will lend his opinion on your story, as... I don't have any first hand experience with the paw and, I would be curious to know what he thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts