What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hash Oil, Ecigarettes and You!- A Recipe for stable emulsification of BHO.

Caille

So, it has been a while since my last posting. But make no mistake I have not stopped growing or playing with my favorite lady, just stopped posting about it.

Last time I was here I was caught up in reading a thread about the E-joint E-cigarette available at dispensaries in Ca. I realized if they could do it, so could we. And my curiosity was more piqued by my domestic partner who smokes an E-go "Keg-Go" model with mods to give her a lot of power, heat, and room for ejuice.

So I set about looking for someone who had done it, to my surprise the discussion almost always ends with, "But PG is a polar solvent and THC requires a non polar solvent to dissolve." or "Most E-cigs don't have enough heat".

True and True. However I will address the solvency issue first then the easier one; E-cigs, second.

This goes back to WHY we use PG to deliver and administer chemicals the way we have since its discovery. Propelyne Glycol, HO-CH2-CHOH-CH3, has a carbon backbone, with polarized HO groups on the outside giving it the ability to form a stable bond with a great deal many things.

THC can and will bond with the carbon backbone if emulsified. I have the product to prove it and it is thus far + 1d 23h 32m,18s, stable as I write this.

What occurs, we believe is that once the THC bonds to the Carbon backbone via emulsification, the polarized OH groups end up facing outward, forcing stability in the newly bonded molecule.

Emulsification literally exists to enable this process. Emulsification of BHO, and I suspect Pure Sieve Kif (not tested with Kif) occur with the following simple household procedure. You will need the following.

Dremel- Wired or Wireless. Mine is a max of 30,000 RPM wireless.

A mini cutting bit that so happens to look like an mini industrial emulsification wheel.- link for mine below.

http://www.gyrostools.com/p322/High-Speed-Cutter,-*Dremel%C2%AE-Type---Wheel,-3/8%22-dia.--%2346-20199/product_info.html

Dremel Drill Press for stability. This holds the dremel and makes it a mini drill press.

A Pyrex Cooking Dish or measuring cup. I use a measuring cup.

A glass vial no more than 3" tall with a cap. Mine is blue and holds up to 30 ml.

A way to boil water and keep it heated. I use a tea kettle. But we believe a heating pad, or hot plate may add ease to the process and speed it up.

Propylene Glycol 5-10ml. I used 6, I will be increasing it to 10 next batch and adding a significant amount more oil since I have tested it and want a nice 10-15ml stash if I can make it.

BHO Hash Oil- Varied by strength, my Emulsion is a bit on the strong side but I daub a lot during the day so need strong product. It was stable at a ratio of .35gr to the initial solution, strength was increased with another .15 gr to achieve desired potency and flavour.

It is IMPERATIVE that your oil is fully purged, I refer to fully purged oil as "Shatter" because at room temperature, its like THC glass. I will not test it on gooey crap purged oil because I would never smoke such, so if you don't purge FULLY the 'tane may interfere.

Take your tools mentioned above, and set them up as following, I will omit a heating pad since this could be done without it by dumping and reheating the water in the cup, with a bit more work in moving the vial. Note the recipe below only calls for reheating after adding more BHO for more potency you do not need a heat pad. I just think it could enhance the process, or better yet a hot plate.

1. Set up your drill press and Dremel with the bit above.

2. Set your measuring cup underneath it.

3. Take your glass vial and put your glycol in it.

4. Add your hash oil shatter chunks, size matters not once emulsification happens. You can start low and add until its how strong you wish it.

5. Carefully situate and test the placement of the glass vial so when the drill press is inserted it does NOT rub the glass vial walls. Leave it inserted at this point.

6. Put a tea kettle or pot of water on and get it to a ROILING HARD BOIL or Loud Kettle Scream.

7. Pour the BOILING hot water CAREFULLY and slowly around the glass vial to a level higher than the PG. DO NOT go near the lip just yet. I go halfway up the vial. And do not pour violently enough to move the unit.

8. Turn the Dremel on low, and crank up to max speed slowly til your are at max speed.

9. Leave it 15 minutes and watch the magic start. At first you will note the oil will form a large glob on the wheel, the suddenly it will disperse into a milky solution, wait 15 minutes. PATIENCE.

10. At 15 minutes add more boiling water, to below the cap screw line or a safe point below the top. Let go for another 15 minutes. Again PATIENCE

11. Remove and let cool, congratulations it is now stable "Shatter Milk Emulsified", test the strength, if not yet to desired potency add more oil and repeat steps 1-10 above with the same base and more BHO, be cognizant of how thick an oil your element can handle at all times. And enjoy.

Alternate untested final step- Add flavour of your choosing and shake vigorously, possibly lightly stir with your emulsifier bit. I have not tested this. This may possibly cover up the hash oil smells like the weed it came from effect.

As to the second part of the initial quandary. E-cigarette voltage strength. No, most normal E-cigs cannot supply enough heat to properly atomize and activate the THC, you will at best get a light buzz, but let us talk for a second about power.

The standard "I look like a cigarette" E-cig has a tiny voltage, its puny, weak and pathetic. However, there exist larger more powerful models, upwards of 5-7 volts, for juice vapor connoisseurs. These work. Get yourself a big, "I like E-cigs" vaporizer hand held unit, some of them are quite fetching and are still seen as ecigs. My wife smokes an E-go, Keg-go with a wick mod, basically a giant open chamber that has a honey colored oil in it, with wicks going to her atomizer. She smokes this thing EVERYWHERE, malls, stores, restaurants, bars, and no one thinks she could be A) Smoking "drugs", or B) Smoking cigs.

Imagine that freedom, it can be yours.

Sadly, E-go is not strong enough stock and I have an 6 volt unit en route once I pick between a couple variable power units. If you want to stay with a lower power unit because of looks look into Low Resistance Atomizers which supposedly compare to high voltage units.

Enjoy, cheers, and happy vaping.

Please feel free to post this at other sites, just please cite me as the author, but cross post this, get it out there, try it, smoke and vape and enjoy. I have literally never been so glad to have done as much Organic Chem as I did as I was when I noted it was stable.

Alexis
*smiles*

Some example Ecigs powerful enough for BHO Shatter Milk Emulsified

http://www.provape.com/ProVari-Variable-Voltage-p/provari.htm
http://www.notcigs.com/ipro/
http://altsmoke.com/starterkit/silverbulletusa/altsilverbullet.html

Last edited:

Caille

At 2 days 11 hours 21m and 45s it is still stable.

Strength is amazing.

Comparative strength is about 4-6 hits off the ecig per oil daub worth of strength. Definitely satisfactory off a 5.0-6.0 volt unit. Off a 3.7 volt without a low resistance atomizer it is weak as the THC does not seem to fully activate. The effects at this level are very much akin to not having your oil skillet hot enough wen you daub. But once you break 5.2volts things get really interesting and potent.

Smell is an issue with unmodified oil. I take 4-6 hits and the area around me smells skunky like the herb I used for the oil. I suspect flavouring could cover it.

I will be making some adjustments and doing it again today. Will post an update once I am done testing flavouring.

Alexis
*smiles*

Caille

I actually plan to do a video, buying a camera for it today.

So you guys will see the steps from making the BHO to making the Emulsion.

This "tek" works great, honestly, the pg oil I have is so rocking potent it is silly. But one of the most important things I cannot stress enough is this will NOT get you high in your Blu, or other 2.5v or less dinky unit made to look like a cigarette.

You NEED either a 3.7 low resistance atomizer and unit (JOYe EGO with low resistance 510 atomizer will do). Or preferably a variable voltage unit such as the ProVari (best solution is a high voltage unit with variable heat and voltage). The little units do not have the heat to properly activate the thc in the solution. So if you use too small a unit you end up with great tasting flavour that does little to get you there.

Expect a video in the next 96 hours.

Alexis
*smiles*

What do you do about the fact that you need to screw the connector into the cigarette unit body in order to make electrical contact? The connection becomes loose, abrasion occurs, corrosion occurs, dirt occurs, and then the $160 unit become unable to transfer its electricity to the atomizer. Have you had to solder a hardwire to an atomizer yet?

Since the ProVari takes 510 atomizers, would you recommend the 510-T due to its clear superiority? Does the high voltage burn these heating filaments out?

Caille

I would say that a 510T is fine, it will not last long, 5-7 days at 5v+, you can also get a 510 HV (High Voltage) but it can then only be used for oil unless you like strong evapor.

No I have not had to solder a filament, this recipe is as you can tell only a couple days old, so no unit has been long hauled with this oil.

We are working on an actual emulsification rig with a brushless motor and test tube holder now that we have PoC (proof of concept) then we plan to approach some dispensaries in Cali if the unit can be made to look good. If not it works for me.

Alexis
*smiles*

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Tagging along. This is a subject that I find quite intriguing.

Thanks for the minutia. Very appreciated!

I would say that a 510T is fine, it will not last long, 5-7 days at 5v+, you can also get a 510 HV (High Voltage) but it can then only be used for oil unless you like strong evapor.

Can you load the 510 hv with straight BHO or is the emulsification still necessary?

Caille

Emulsion is necessary to not ruin the element, straight BHO is just too much even for a 510 hv.

I have tried BHO straight in several units and all of them died, I have tried my emulsion in several units, and even when it wasn't strong enough to "get me there" (re: not enough heat to activate the THC) it never harmed the element. I can still "smoke" the emulsion in my wife's normal 510, but the THC activates very little at that temperature, however, it will still never ruin my Atomizer element.

Alexis
*smiles*

GanjaPharma

get an omicron. got mine a week ago, it runs straight hash oil, wax, budder, whatever. no glycerin no prop glycol....unless you want it, in which case this tutorial is excellent.

smokum420

A little bit off topic of the thread but.......

The Omicron cartomizers.......

Now, I like the idea of a true pure oil cartomizer and Omicron seem to have captured that market very well, but I just can't wrap my head around purchasing the overpriced batteries based on them being a vendor captive design item. So I've been searching for a work-around to use their cartomizers on a generic 510 (specifically, on a variable voltage 510 e-cig to allow different temp vaping).

It appears the threading on these are a reverse E9 (LTv9) thread & pitch (E9's use a female threaded cartomizer, where these are male threaded cartomizers).

I took an Omicron cartomizer and found it screws in effortlessly into one of my old smoke51 cartomizers.

The only thing I haven't confirmed at this point is whether they are the same polarity or not.

So at least that is some headway for thread/pitch identification, but still need to figure out how to reverse it out and acquire an adapter to a 510 e-cig. I may order an E9->510 adapter from madvapes for shitsNgiggles playing around and see if that may work. Otherwise, I'm stuck trying to locate an old friend machinist that works at NRC to come up with something for me.

Sure wld be nice to set these up to work with my variable voltage devices, let alone one of many 510 standard or high voltage e-cigs I own. But in the meantime, this thread is working on a feasible use formulation to work on a standard e-cig set up, and for that... I'm glad to hear of its success.

That Omicron thing is hilarious, it's like they contacted a Chinese manufacturer of Joye EGO knockoffs, had some custom labeled, then loaded some cartridges with some oil they purchased or made in bulk from trim in California. Good thing Obama and Holder are finally taking such people down. The IRS will have much to say to the great "Omicron" corporation.

TdotGonG

u can cop an E-go from a canadian reseller for about 80-90 bucks shipped to your door. i used to do this with my friends E-go i used propylene glycol for the mix. replacement parts are diddly shit to buy.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Damn, everyone hating on someone for pointing out that the Omicron is hilarious and trying to save you all money? So you banned him? And right now there's a huge anti-Omicron thread right in this forum where everyone finally realizes they were ripped off. Guess they would have heard it first if people weren't silenced.

Maybe it's not too late to point out Ohm's Law, to point out ohms and volts and amps and watts. You use the first three to make the fourth, watts, heat. So what do you need? You need variable voltage.
View Image
With a device like the LavaTube, you can control your voltage from high drain high capacity 3.7 volt batteries. It has the same connection as the Omicron, a 510 connection. Oh wait, they reverse threaded the Omicron to screw everyone out of money. Best move on and get a proper portable vape. The next step to producing enough heat for portable THC? Low resistance dual coil cartomizers and tanks.
View Image
The dual coil cartomizer that goes in the has two coils with resistance 2x, causing each coil to actually resist at x resistance and generate twice the heat. Here's one dissected.
View Image
You can buy two huge batteries for something like this, the unit itself, a charger, a couple packs of cartomizers, a tank, and a nice hookah-style tip to suck on and still have enough to buy a 1/4 oz. of heady weed. And still not spend what you would for an Omicron starter kit with a $35 value. Why have people stopped discussing methods to fill such devices? Have preloaded carts made us lazy? There are as many ways to turn BHO into vape solution as there are to make BHO.

those are the bullshit tincture carts that NOBODY wants....

and those huge refillable, clear carts are completely worthless for what we need them for, unless you like to smoke glycerin....

the Persei? LMFAO!!!!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
You talk a lot of shit on this forum but I don't often see you being right, as in this case. Everyone who knows about e-cigarettes knows that DCT style tanks don't work with glycerin, at most you can have 50/50 PG/VG.

The tank holds 6 ml and continuously tops off the cartomizer, keeping it always flavorful and FRESH with new liquid, for days. You have proven your own ignorance - this is a reminder to everyone, make sure you use your own intelligence to sort bad information from good on forums - otherwise people like krunchbubble will steer you to something like the Omicron, or away from actual solutions.

I do like VAPING glycerin, and propylene glycol, and flavorings and drugs within them. Do people actually think that dropping straight oil into a cartridge is the way to go? Is that actually what you're suggesting?

DAMN! i MUST NOT have a clue, the HUNDREDS of vapes ive sold in the last two months don't matter i guess......

ive worked with and have owned damn near EVERY vape that has been out for the past year.....

i hate Omicron, i GIVE them away....

tomorrows shipments to happy customers....

Latest posts

Latest posts