What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dry Or Wet Trim For Hash?

Tex233

What do you think is best to make bubble hash with?

Is there a taste difference between the 2?

I have noticed that people are saying your yields are better with dry trim. which is expected, because of all the water still in the leaf.

REZDOG

Veteran
Trim?
ALWAYS FRESH/WET>FROZEN.
Period.

....And fwiw-A 220u & a 72u bag are ALL you need for picture-perfect FMCD bubble,no matter how many people try and sell you a "24-Bag SuperBubbleator Kit"! :D

The End.

XiggiStarrdust

Fresh wet trim for sure. The reason you are using ice for making bubble hash is to freeze what moisture and water is in the resin glands or crystals. After the icy water freezes and cools the crystals they become weak and fall off the plant material. It would not make much sense pouring water on dry kief now would it. Thats why you use wet trim for bubble hash not dry. If it is dry i would suggest getting a high grade micron screen and dry sift your plant material and heat press the kieaf into hash. If it is wet most definitely try and do bubble bags if you have the chance before it dries out.

try comb

Trim?
ALWAYS FRESH/WET>FROZEN.
Period.

....And fwiw-A 220u & a 72u bag are ALL you need for picture-perfect FMCD bubble,no matter how many people try and sell you a "24-Bag SuperBubbleator Kit"! :D

The End.

and throw away everything between 0-72 , especially, with pure sativas........thanks, i prefer to do quality work. :wave:

miaumiau

ICMag Donor
yeah....only a 220 for pre-filter the trim is not so good...too much crap comes through the 220 bag!

120-42 would give a better hash than 220-70 !

i would use a 160 or 120 for pre filter, this stuff you can use for doing qwiso or butter/baking ....and for the collecting bag, he stuff you want to smoke, use a 72/42 or when you work with sativas a 42/25!

and yes....fresh trim if possible! but absolutely no problem if you dry the trim...

REZDOG

Veteran
You boys would be surprised.... I had a six or seven bag kit and tossed the rest of 'em.
No need for 'em. Trust me.
Also,fwiw-The FMCD bubble that Dutchgrown placed with at the IC420 Cup-Hash was produced with the "220/72u Method".
Oh,and Sam T Skunkman,who I (and most others) would say is one of the foremost living hashish authorities absolutely loved DG's FMCD bubblehash-
So those of you ready to argue against the method-save your breath. :)

Ciao!

miaumiau

ICMag Donor
Yeah...that may be everything right....BUT my experience told me that everything between 220 and 160 is crap!

I always use the 220 then a 120 and then a 42, ALWAYS the 120 bag has collected green crap....

If i use a 220, a 160 and then 120 and 42....the 160 has the green crap and the 120 is not really the good stuff, light green and not the top notch...

First time i dont share your opinion REZ, but hey...everybody makes his own experience....and mine told me "the good stuff" begins at 120nm....

try comb

You boys would be surprised.... I had a six or seven bag kit and tossed the rest of 'em.
Also,fwiw-The FMCD bubble that Dutchgrown placed with at the IC420 Cup-Hash was produced with the "220/72u Method".
Oh,and Sam T Skunkman,who I (and most others) would say is one of the foremost living hashish authorities absolutely loved DG's FMCD bubblehash-
So those of you ready to argue against the method-save your breath. :)

Ciao!

so dutchgrown made some hash that was excellent, yet still could have been better.......but sam smoked it.......so.....:laughing:

Hey Res, any tips to give us melty enthusiasts? I'm always anxious to learn how to improve.

purple_man

Veteran
fresh, frozen, is the way to go if you aim for quality!

call me crazy, but i like using most of the bags... especially the 160 n 190 micron for cleaning (strain dependant of course)... using only the 220 n 72 micron i don't know man!
reminds me of the ole days, before being able to score bubblebags and used milas ice-o-lator bags... personally i feel like geting better quality using the same procedure but more bags... i tossed my ice-o-lator bags (well gave them away), after i got the bubblebags ;)

blessss

Bunz

Fresh frozen trim...................

And I was turned on to a "new" method this past weekend.

Place the 220 bag screen only 1" under water. 5 lb bag of ice, fresh trim and another 5 lb bag of ice. Now here is where the true secret is. Using a flat, wooden spoon, gently fold the mixture together. Do this for between 4-5 minutes. You don't want to beat the shit outta it.............frothy water is no bueno. This is why following bubbleman's insturctions, you get greenish water. If you use the method I described, the water is golden. Let the trics settle for 30 minutes, then pull your work bag. Pour water thru the 72u bag and you will have the finest hash possible.

Trust me this works. I had given up on making bubble before I was turned on to this method. Now I'm hooked!!!!

Bunz :D

C

CANNATOPIA

Trim?
ALWAYS FRESH/WET>FROZEN.
Period.

The End.
I do exactly the same REZ. Its good ta know Ive been on the right track. :) Once the bubble is dry for kicks I roll them into little balls and then roll them in very fine keef. Puts a powder coating on them & gives a nice touch. I call them caviar heheheh. its gooood. :) Peace:wave:
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts