What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Historical Seedbanks

I

indicalover

Does anyone know how to get to the historical seedbank info from Overgrow?

G

Like, from the strainguide? Hmmm.... wait a second, that's a dumb question I just asked... nevermind.

Last edited:
G

He posted the same question at the bottom of the thread containing that link to the OG strainguide, I reckon it's something else you're looking for I.L.?

I

indicalover

Hey guys, I am looking for the historical seedbank info. There was a link called historical seed banks. It listed the strains from SSSC and The Seed Bank.

G

Guelaguetza

Hello everyone,

since I am dealing with the last decades of hemp I have a question;

Who was the seed bank "NHV"?

This seed bank got points for their Afghani #1 and Silver Haze at 6th HTCC in 1993
and their seeds should have been available at Sensi Seeds, according to the High Times.

Who was NHV and what became NHV?

I would be glad if someone knew something in this regard.

Thanx for listenig

G

Guelaguetza

Hello everyone,

I got the answer, but unfortunately not here.

Take care.

Guelaguetza

G

Guelaguetza

Care to share?
No, not really, because:
From one cup ladder I got the tip to the other cup ladder and he wrote me that it was the seedbank xyz. But this seedbank was officially launched in 2000, so I doubt the statement and do not comment on it at first, , because I was around 1993 ... also seven years earlier (!).
Best regards!

G

Guelaguetza

Hello, dear friends of this forum.

In my opinion, on March 30, 2019, the worldwide cannabis situation has changed dramatically negatively. One of my biggest hopes that the plant will not fall victim to dubious corporations died.

I would like to revive my contribution at that time or let it revive for the first time. I still hope to get information.

At that time I asked if anyone had ever heard or read about the seedbank NHV. So not only here nobody really knew anything, I was also very low with information; So I went another way. Finally, I got the information from the highest authority of the '93 HTCC, NHV was the start of "White Label Seed Company“.
Sensi answered me (quote): We have asked xy [name well known] to be sure but he never heard of this NHV seedbank before. We therefore do not think this was related to us, despite the names of the strains entered that year.(Quote end)

If you look at the history and varieties, the answer NHV=Sensi/WL makes sense; Funny, weird ...

Source: High Times # 225, May 1994
Title: Twenty Years & Still Growing / Special Collector's Edition
to „NHV"-quotes: NHV (stock avaiable at Sensi Seeds) / NHV's Shiva Skunk / NHV Afghani # 1 / NHV Silver Haze ;

Do you have an idea? I would be happy to read about it.

Best regards,

Guelaguetza

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
NHV Nevil Schoenmaker maybe what your looking for. He was the first dutch cannabis seed company. He is also the breeder of silver haze.

He sadly pased away 30th of march 2019.

G

Guelaguetza

NHV Nevil Schoenmaker maybe what your looking for. He was the first dutch cannabis seed company. He is also the breeder of silver haze.

He sadly pased away 30th of march 2019.

@ Karma G
Thank you very much, but a "maybe" isn't, what I want to read ...
The names and figures are well known to me, even Nevil ;-)

Who was NHV? Was it Nevil's stock?

Best wishes,

Guelaguetza

G

Guelaguetza

Unfortunately even those who were involved could not provide an answer to the NHV question ... like a wall of silence ...
With much water flowing down the Oosterhoutsedijk, other questions popped up; Namely:
Is it really true?
Source: https://www.shiregifts.co.uk/shop/positronics-seeds/
Quote: "... And most importantly, he is fortunate enough to meet the experienced cannabis producer," Old "Ed Holloway, father of the well-known Ed Rosentahl, ..."
Old Ed was Ed Rosenthal's father? * pondering *
To the source
https://youtu.be/3TPxmiVVcUs?t=386
I would like to get an answer to the following question:
Why does Ben D. make such a statement about N.S. carried away? What happened?

Green greetings and good grow!

G

Guelaguetza

Does anyone know who Michael Rich aka Michael Taylor was and or is? The gentleman was a buddy of Wernard at a very early age and later probably of Sam ... if I'm not mistaken. Who is this Mr. Taylor aka Rich?

q3corn

I wonder if reaching out to adam dunn in some fashion might help you answer these questions? He seems to be making a very strong effort to preserve the history of the cannabis scene from back then.

G13Fan

I wonder if reaching out to adam dunn in some fashion might help you answer these questions? He seems to be making a very strong effort to preserve the history of the cannabis scene from back then.

I tried listening to that guys show , he says "You know" at the end of ever three words or to end each sentence. The guy and his show have good potential but uses way too many filler words. As soon as I hear "you know ,you know ,you know." I have to turn it off. I hope he improves this. Most of the guests you know the sh i t out of me as well. Americans have really sloppy speech patterns.

q3corn

I tried listening to that guys show , he says "You know" at the end of ever three words or to end each sentence. The guy and his show have good potential but uses way too many filler words. As soon as I hear "you know ,you know ,you know." I have to turn it off. I hope he improves this. Most of the guests you know the sh i t out of me as well. Americans have really sloppy speech patterns.

Does this effect the information he might have?

G

Guelaguetza

@G13Fan
Thanks for the hint. But I don't understand the connection.

@q3corn
Thank you too for the hint. I already have a short story about this: I was and am looking for data on the NHV seedbank. This seedbank is mentioned several times in the May 1994 HighTimes. St*v*n H*g*r advised me to ask Ad*m D*nn. His answer that NHV was a newly started subsidiary of S*ns* S**ds was not confirmed on request from S*ns* S**ds in person of Al*n Dr*nk*rs. Especially the response from Ad*m D*nn still contains a problem of almost seven years ...
But let's get to M*ch**l R*ch aka T*yl*r. M*ch**l R*ch aka T*yl*r was probably a buddy of W*rn*rd Br**n*ng and one of the few members of the GreenTeam. I suspect that W*rn*rd Br**n*ng, M*ch**l R*ch aka T*yl*r and Old Ed H*ll*w*y were the relevant members at that time.
W*rn*rd Br**n*ng and M*ch**l R*ch aka T*yl* r probably invited D*v*d P**l W*ts*n and Ed R*s*nth*l to Holland. Then one and the other happened ... M*ch**l R*ch aka T*yl*r is not mentioned so often, but seems to be a very interesting person whose role in the game I would like to know ...
Especially since he is here
https://twitter.com/MzBlack/status/983749471891701760
in connection with very big names!

And who is actually Ch*rl*s B*nj*m*n Fr*nk?

Green Greetings!

Latest posts

Latest posts