What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Partial defoliation is natural to plants

Cork144

Been thinking recently while looking at my garden, while pondering the old; to defoliate or not dellema.

And it hit me, most plants that developed outside would be well adjusting to losing X amount of leaves to bugs and weather damage.

I had always been an anti defoliation until I considered this fact, and having topped my girls, I had some enourmous fan leaves sat at the top wherethe two heads are now coming through, chopped those fans off, and now all that under branching thats shot up is seriously illuminated.

just a stoned thought for yall, I know those who have been defoliating will be rolling their eyes, but for those who are adamant on leaving them to do their thing, consider chopping atleast a few fingers off each leaf if its covering undergrowth, 1 or 2 fingers out 9-11, aint gonna hurt it at all and your going to open up that canopy to much more

Latest posts

Latest posts