What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds?

dddaver

Veteran
I had one of my 3 girls in my micro-cab produce seeds. Growth had been slow the last few weeks before chop. Now I know why.

But I never saw a nanner. There was some heat stress a couple days but never noticed anything except wilting thirsty plants that perked up right after they were watered.

So all I can figure is this seeded plant must have been from a seed that had that hermi gene already. Even before growing. That IS possible isn't it?

xet

Thirsty plants grow slow. Frequent watering speeds up metabolism and growth. Congrats on a successful seed run. All plants will have a hermi gene, some more ready to express or keep hidden than others for environmental reasons

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Herm genes or not, it can't produce seeds without male pollen. So you must have overlooked something.

T

Teddybrae

I had Mango Haze that produced 15 or so seeds from an outdoor giant plant and I did not see a single Male flower.

I figure the plant was stressed at some stage.

despite warning not to use the seeds they all grew female!

cheers ...

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
If you grow out a bunch of those seeds and they are all female, it was pollen from a female that produced the pollen. If there are males and females in the plants grown from those seeds, then the pollen came from a male plant. If seeds are the result of pollen from a female, that gene is likely to be passed along. Not all of those resulting plants may toss male flowers while flowering, but still has the potential to pass the gene along.

Easy7

Veteran
The great canna-curse, the hermie.

It's hard to totally prevent those. To check every bract all the time. I ran in a hot cab and it was not ever one to hermie. Trying to force flower a bread rack with a blanket, ya that hermied. It was a nice durban skunk and a bag seed.

Could be from checking ln the grow too. Best to work only when lights on. That's hard to when having concerns.