What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Par pro hyper arc 1100w hps bulb

P-NUT

Veteran
Anybody tried this bulb yet? Only reason i know about it is I got some sun system 1 de ballast and it said on the box itll run hyper arc se bulbs too so I goggled to see wtf a hyper arc bulb is. Well it seems pretty badass but idk how far you have to keep the bulb away and my ceiling height is limited. Also Im curious if they change spectrum if you air cool them. Anybody wanna call sunlight supply and ask some questions? I tried but retards seem to answer the phone and forward you to voicemail where no one calls back. Its cheaper that hortilux and supposedly way way brighter. If I can run it in a blockbuster hood aircooled and keep it 2-2.5 feet away Id be down to give them a try.

P-NUT

Veteran
Growershouse.com says you can use them in aircooled hoods without fucking up your spectrum. I might have to give these a try in a few months.

BubbaBear

I've been running these bulbs for a couple years now and there fucking amazing. Go figure they've been discontinued. I guess the industry didnt want a single ended bulb that burns just as bright as a double ended bulb but can be air cooled and has a long lifespan just like a double ended bulb, even running them at 1150w they dont show any signs of burn on the ark tube ignition points for 9 months. They are made to be ran at up to 1150w which most of the newer high frequency ballasts run at so they wont prematurely burn out if you burn them at 1150w, any other single ended bulb would be shot after 6 months tops.

They also do well dimmed I was getting about 20% more light on my meter running these bulbs dimmed to 600w than I was from a high output 600w bulb.

They are Insanely bright I get bleached tops running them at 1000w in a aircooled reflector if they get any closer than 16" from the bulb and my room never gets hotter than 78 degrees.

Everyone wants to copy what the commercial growers are doing but these things are the ultimate bulb for anyone running a home sized set up that wants to save thousands of watts worth of AC buy running air cooled hoods. I'm glad I grabbed like a 10 year supply of them when they were on clearance.