What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's the latest?

Red Fang

Veteran
I have read at least 1 thread but nothing new, and all still very confusing to me. If I want a rec, who does that and where (I have just a nurse practitioner and MassHealth)? If I want a med grow, what is involved? Have the dispensary finalists been selected yet? If so, where are they located? Please help!
thanks

Red Fang

Veteran
ok begging for responses is getting old, what is up with that? Someone surely knows more than I do, so why aren't they responding yet viewing? that ain't cool, say something even if it's wrong! ;)

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1st off, here's the State site regarding medical marijuana. You can pretty much keep up w/ things here.
http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/gov/departments/dph/programs/hcq/medical-marijuana/

Nov. 21st is the close-out date for Phase 2 dispensary finalists to get their applications filed.
The 35 "winners" should be notified most likely in Jan. '14.

If you're looking for a Dr. google 'medical marijuana doctors in Ma.' and you should find someone.
Good luck!
PM me if you have any ?'s. There are so few updates in this section so I don't look too often.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just came from a 'MMJ info session' put on by a dispensary applicant in my area.
They said the "winners" notification date is 1/31/14, but they are betting it will be pushed back once or twice. :rolleyes:

Red Fang

Veteran
yeah I bet! I would not qualify under the listed conditions, but I am hoping I fit in the "other" category! ;)

supermanlives

Veteran
by the time taxachussetts adds its tax you might as well be smoking gold lol.wonder when nh will join the game. then yall can buy your booze ,smokes and weed tax free. lol I used to bring back trunkloads of booze and ciggies

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Posted on December 19, 2013
Notice to patients and caregivers:

Patients who have a physician’s written certification for the medical use of marijuana will not be required to register with the Department of Public Health (DPH) on January 1, 2014. DPH will not begin registering patients and caregivers until it completes development of an online registration system, at a date to be announced later in 2014. DPH will notify the public well in advance on its medical marijuana website, www.mass.gov/medicalmarijuana, when this online registration system is operational and must be used.