What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Peakseed Blueberry

relic1981

Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=49442&pictureid=1154015&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=49442&pictureid=1154014&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=49442&pictureid=1157552&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=49442&pictureid=1155603&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=49442&pictureid=1185276&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
Hello Browntrout, this is what I can tell you:
I had 3 diferent clones, labelled #1, #5, #7, that where put in 11L hortipots on 1th of july with ALL-MIX, couple of hands of worn castings and 100gr of guanokalong plus some polymers.
They were put outdoors, guerrilla style ,the 7th of july in a place with nice orientation ( south,south west) but usually high humidity,not far from the sea.
I chopped them on the 13th of october.
BB#1 100 cm height, 48,6 gr (dried & manicured bud).
BB#5 100 cm height, 48 gr """"""""""""""""""""""""
BB#7 105 cm height, 48 gr
All 3 plants very similar in everything.
Very nice mould resistance,no nanners issues ( #5 and #7 did throw few nanners indoors).

out of these for which would you say is the keeper (blueberry muffin taste/smell with that euphoric buzz?) do you have any pics of it in veg? im really thinking about ordering from these guys to find that special blueberry. nice pics by the way harry, im definatly pulling up a chair for this one... is this the first time you have grown out any of f2's you made? did you use one of the above as a mom? i like the way the kushberry looks. nice growth pattern and nice dark green leaves... reminds me of the blueberry headband cut being passed around near me.... i wonder if it is anything like it..

and does anyone know what clone they used for their kush crosses? is it supposed to be an og cross or a real hindu kush cross. id like to hear/ see more about the kush crosses. and i checked the site again and saw no c99 xsweet skunk so did you make that cross?

moondawg

hey browntrout

ive grown peaks bb outdoors. Im at 38n and maturity and harvesting should be complete by Oct 15 really for good results and it needed another 2 weeks to fully ripen.

im a bb lover bt. Ive grown most of the offerings i can find. The strain is still popular after 25 yrs because of the happy, euphoric high and suppossed bberry muffin taste.

The plant has some issues under the best of circumstances and inst an easy indoor grow for a new grower. Total nute sensitivity = you can kill some plants with just a light dose of ferts. Deformed leaves, crumpling, twisting, leaf varigation and the occassional male flower. i saw them all in peaks bb, but i see them all in Dp's and Dj's as well. Its how you know your growing bb.

Peaks is touchy. Grow a few plants but god dont bet you crop on it. Plant a good tried and true and sample the bb. youll be glad youdid

harry74

Veteran
Last winter I grew out peak BB and I was favorably impressed. I had problems with germination (my fault) and ended up with 6 females and one sterile male. Not sure how that happened but I ended up with no seeds. So I ordered more seeds this year because it did have a nice fruity taste and that euphoric high. I did not flush as well as I could have and so the burning qualities are not quite where I would like to see it. I have also tried the Northern Lights and I now have their seed for sweet skunk and cinderella 99 as well. Recommended as an unbeatable, affordable seed source.

Hello rangergord:
I bought my seeds start of 2013 more or less like you.
They were hard to germinate and MJ (peakseedsbc) did warn me about this so may be wasn´t your fault.
I was able to germinate 8 from 10 and kept 7 ( 6 females, 1 male).
In my case there is not problem with the male, the problem is with the females that are hard to pollinate. I think there are fecundity problems with them.
Greetings.

harry74

Veteran
out of these for which would you say is the keeper (blueberry muffin taste/smell with that euphoric buzz?) do you have any pics of it in veg? im really thinking about ordering from these guys to find that special blueberry. nice pics by the way harry, im definatly pulling up a chair for this one... is this the first time you have grown out any of f2's you made? did you use one of the above as a mom? i like the way the kushberry looks. nice growth pattern and nice dark green leaves... reminds me of the blueberry headband cut being passed around near me.... i wonder if it is anything like it..

and does anyone know what clone they used for their kush crosses? is it supposed to be an og cross or a real hindu kush cross. id like to hear/ see more about the kush crosses. and i checked the site again and saw no c99 xsweet skunk so did you make that cross?

Hello, I will try to answer your questions.
I woudn´t say there was a keeper, besides the male, that will be 1 year old the coming week.
Many of you talk about Blueberry muffins... what is like for you that taste? I will define this blueberry as overripe sweet Berry.
It´s my first time doing seeds myself and I´m quite happy.
I did hit the females 1 week too early and chopped down a bit early too due to spidermite issues but I have harvested around 2600 seeds to play with....all this made using a 250 ww light in a growing tent of 90cm X 90 cm X 180.
Not bad for the first time,many lessons learnt on the way.
About peak seeds genetics..
C 99 no experience, I saw good reviews at treating yourself fórums, I think it is a pinneapple pheno.
The kush I think is OG Kush; I saw someone talking about Black Diamond Kush but the seedbank talks about a proven comercial Kush cutting, so must be kind of OG Kush.
I can´t tell you if KB is like headband X BB, I don´t know that genetics....
Anyway, the best you can do is write an e-mail to peak seeds and
ask them. They are upfront and 100% honest.
Greetings.

harry74

Veteran

BB#5 and BB#7 V shaped Naturally:woohoo:
I cloned both to see if the cuttings where taken the V shape as well but that wasn´t the case.

harry74

Veteran

Same plants before harvest Blueberry V.
I had a crazy tought about trying to do fem seeds with this 2 to see if some of the offspring where taken the V shape.
Just a crazy idea....

harry74

Veteran

BB#1 and BB#2 pheno described by the breeder central bud with some side branching.
This 2 were used for seed making.
The other is Blueberry#3 I call it the Jungle Pheno more sativa.

Thank you all for your input:tiphat:.

relic1981

Veteran
right on i think i may buy a couple packs and see if i can find a winner. im going to ask themabout the c99 too because that is very close to the top of my list... i have to make room first so it maybe a few months but ill do a gow log to see and show what peaks BB is all about

moondawg

Peaks BB is mediocre and picky and even worse when placed ooutdoors. Go with DP. All will have fruity smell, 1 in 10 will have blueberry taste but a good 80% have the euphoric high which is the entire reason for growing blueberry.

Peaks NL is killer. 2 pheno's 1 green heavy yielder with narcotic high and 1 purple/taller with lower yield that is also straigt up fire. Its the best nl ive ever grwon fast finish, big yielld

relic1981

Veteran
very interesting, seeems like peak is a good company for the price. not a lot of selection so i would assume they focus on what they rock.

harry74

Veteran
Peaks BB is mediocre and picky and even worse when placed ooutdoors. Go with DP. All will have fruity smell, 1 in 10 will have blueberry taste but a good 80% have the euphoric high which is the entire reason for growing blueberry.

Peaks NL is killer. 2 pheno's 1 green heavy yielder with narcotic high and 1 purple/taller with lower yield that is also straigt up fire. Its the best nl ive ever grwon fast finish, big yielld

My experience says the opposite, she enjoys more the natural sun´s full spectrum tan the sodium light.
First time I smoked BB was DP and yes the Berry taste was there;but that was many years ago.
Anyway I think that the DP line is more indica.

relic1981

Veteran
does the peak seeds bb have the leaf mutations like the dj short line? and isnt the dp line the same as dj shorts? i mean , i think he worked with DP on that one and they used his genetics to make more seeds... i think. please correct me if im wrong.

browntrout

Veteran
That is the general consensus Relic, look back a couple pages and see Harry's inbred BB from peak. He says there are mutants and Peak says that his BB line is a combination of DJ's Sagarmatha and Dutch Passions.

relic1981

Veteran
yeah i got that part i was just further exploring it because that feature tends to coincide with the keepers. not always but generally speaking. in my experience growing blueberry, the cuts Ive gotten with leaf deformity and were finicky to grow were the best tasting and effects. (IMHO) and the ones with out that trait didn't impress me all that much. i guess by using all 3 breeding pools your bound to find a nice lady in a pack or two with this company.. plus the price is nice:biggrin:

browntrout

Veteran
That it is! In my experience most mutants or slow growing and small yielding plants from any strain have the best smells/taste, Obviously there are exceptions but the mutants in BB are definitely known to produce the best flowers.

BT

harry74

Veteran
update

update

I repoted the hybrids yesterday; they are now in 7L pots with
All-Mix 4 fists of worm castings and fist and a half of guanokalong.
They are now in a 120 cm x 120 cm x 200 cm tent with a 600 lumatek digital ballast and a sunmaster dual espectrum bulb.
I´m keeping them 18/6 and I think the switch to 12/12 will be in around 10/15 days.
The plants had nice roots all of them, so I guess that as son as they settle down in their new home will start growing nicely.

harry74

Veteran
The BB F2 have been repotted this morning to 4L pots.
Same mix but less worm castings& guano ( 2 fists castings, 1 guano).Nice rootballs as well ( no mutant roots:)).
I keep them under the 250 MH 18/6.
I´m thinking in giving them a longer vegetative time, and depending on the male/female ratio of the hybrids, will be put into flowering after or before.
I keep 7 BB F2.