What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sick ladies, possible mag def or bad soil? Provided as much info as possible

** I will add pics uno momento**

I initially thought this was a mag deficiency so I've done 2 foliar sprays with an Epsom salt mix and also added dolopril to the soil. Still no change and dont seem to be bouncing back, even the new growth doesnt look as happy. Possibly a soil issue?

Problems been going on a couple weeks now
These plants are clones
They're on week 3 of veg
2gal pots
Mo koko (recycled with dm earth and a few washes)
No specific brand of nuts using but a mixture
Feed every other day
Nuts and ph were all out of wack so did a straight water flush, done a few run offs now over a couple days and ph ranges from 6.4-6.6
Average ppm was, 1.8-2.2
Using tap water that's ph is 7.0 but I ph balance it till it's low at 5.8 then add my feed mix and ph/ppm test again and adjust accordingly.
Room temps are anywhere from 90-86F, humidity has been low (30-40% but fixing today with a humidifier and will be aiming for 60%)
I had spider mites, a very small amount only showing on a couple plants so to nip that problem I have been consistently spraying bug b gone, probably 3 days in a row and then every other day another 2 more times, only seeing bugs on one plant now so I'm only doing spot spraying to keep them at bay and hopefully kill them off completely.

Any ideas for these sick ladies?

Attempting to add pics

Attachments

• 20180731_102154.jpg
    20180731_102154.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 32
Heres some more, success!

Attachments

• 20180731_102257.jpg
    20180731_102257.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 20180731_103653.jpg
    20180731_103653.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 20180731_102133.jpg
    20180731_102133.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 29

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont understand why you are lowering the ph before giving the nutrients. My experience is that ferts are pretty acidic. So you are practically lowering the ph, just to lower it even more by the fertilizers. Then you have to use ph up which adds more salt to the mix by neutralizing the acid! I would stop using your coco- soil mix and go straight soil or coco or you will have losses from doing your experiments. In general this looks indeed like cal/mag deficiency but you are fucking too much with the medium to really get it solved. Start again with simpler medium approach!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Ok the plant needs food. Make sure to use a good complete veg nutrient. Add your nutrient to the water and then pH to 6.5. they are starving.

Be careful what bug b gone you use. Some are more toxic than others. First thing to do is manually remove as many mites and eggs as possible by hand.

Your temps are pretty hot, see if you can lower that some.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
** I will add pics uno momento**

I initially thought this was a mag deficiency so I've done 2 foliar sprays with an Epsom salt mix and also added dolopril to the soil. Still no change and dont seem to be bouncing back, even the new growth doesnt look as happy. Possibly a soil issue?

Problems been going on a couple weeks now
These plants are clones
They're on week 3 of veg
2gal pots
Mo koko (recycled with dm earth and a few washes)
No specific brand of nuts using but a mixture
Feed every other day
Nuts and ph were all out of wack so did a straight water flush, done a few run offs now over a couple days and ph ranges from 6.4-6.6
Average ppm was, 1.8-2.2
Using tap water that's ph is 7.0 but I ph balance it till it's low at 5.8 then add my feed mix and ph/ppm test again and adjust accordingly.
Room temps are anywhere from 90-86F, humidity has been low (30-40% but fixing today with a humidifier and will be aiming for 60%)
I had spider mites, a very small amount only showing on a couple plants so to nip that problem I have been consistently spraying bug b gone, probably 3 days in a row and then every other day another 2 more times, only seeing bugs on one plant now so I'm only doing spot spraying to keep them at bay and hopefully kill them off completely.

Any ideas for these sick ladies?
It looks like a combination of magnesium and potassium deficiency/lockout.

Just give the plants a low concentration of a high p/k nutrient solution at 0.2 to 0.4 EC on top of your water's EC.

The P will grow extra roots, and the K will deal with the K def, as well as build stronger stems and branches. With an EC 1.8-2.2, there are plenty of nutrients in the soil.

When you grow a large root system, your plants automatically need less food because of more of it is used.

You might also want to consider a larger (wider) pot and more horizontal space so the roots can spread out and the plant can branch out.

To encourage roots growing, you might also want to let the medium dry out between watering/feeding. See how long it takes before the plants wilt.

DrDee

Hi Cid,
Your plant doesn't look too happy. As I peruse threads (here and elsewhere) I have a tendency to over diagnose Mg deficiency. I see it everywhere. I'm trying to improve. A toxic rootzone with lockout and the resultant malabsorption of nutrients often leads to K deficiency which looks very similar. So I'm throwing my vote to TanzanianMagic. I think he has a good plan for you.
JD

Guy Brush and Lester Beans ****my bad, some incorrect info I provided, I was trying to type everything out on my phone while my husband was giving me all the deets, so just to update we do not actually ph balance the water AND THEN add nuts... we add everything and then balance

But otherwise thanks for all the suggestions so far guys ��

Mr. Krinkle

what base nutes are you using? it's also quite possible that after you add your base nutes, you're already in perfect ph range

:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts