What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best frankincense smelling strain you can buy now?

Cheech87

Yes, many people here on this site report having this smell when smoking this strains 😊
For me personally, the last time I had buds with this smell was a good 12 years ago and that was Neville Haze in Amsterdam Hunter's Coffee Shop.

Cheech87

I grew early testers for the A5 crosses and the fresh buds had incense smells but I found no musky earthy smell when burning. I had already grown A5 and its leathery incense smelling bud but no church in the air.
I hope you find what you are looking for anyway.
Thanks
OK, so I'm also looking for the whole smell and taste of incense when smoking the buds, so I took it the same way as in church, only better 😶‍🌫️🤗

Last edited:

i.love.scotch

I grew early testers for the A5 crosses and the fresh buds had incense smells but I found no musky earthy smell when burning. I had already grown A5 and its leathery incense smelling bud but no church in the air.
I hope you find what you are looking for anyway.
I read that the Super Malawi Haze (Nevil's Haze x Malawi) might have a bit more typical haze/incense smells than the A5 x Malawi which I found to be a very woody, oily and leather type smell

browntrout

Veteran
Hello, I'm also looking for this smell and taste
I currently have ACE Seeds Killer a5 Haze as a grow. I hope I have such a pheno. The description said it should smell like incense. I'm at the beginning of flowering and I'll let you know if it smells like that.
I also bought a5 panama haze and super panama haze from Ace Seeds. The description also says that it smells like incense.
I didn’t find much incense in 2 KA5H, I’d say it’s more of the woody/basement A5 smells with the earthy/musty/grease smells of the Malawi. Malawi dominant for sure. I would try your A5 Panama, I only grew one female of Panama and it was terpinolene heavy but definitely some lemony incense smells underneath. One of the better terpinolene profiles Ive smelled.

Cheech87

I didn’t find much incense in 2 KA5H, I’d say it’s more of the woody/basement A5 smells with the earthy/musty/grease smells of the Malawi. Malawi dominant for sure. I would try your A5 Panama, I only grew one female of Panama and it was terpinolene heavy but definitely some lemony incense smells underneath. One of the better terpinolene profiles Ive smelled.
I will start the Panama A5 Haze after my current grow but that will take some time But I'll probably get a few more varieties from connoisour genetics, some varieties look very tasty too 🤤
Here my KA5H
1FF0E1D8-098E-4301-9A23-F302BFB20AAA.jpeg

Last edited:

Spaventa

Veteran
Yes, many people here on this site report having this smell when smoking this strains 😊
For me personally, the last time I had buds with this smell was a good 12 years ago and that was Neville Haze in Amsterdam Hunter's Coffee Shop.
Similar for me only I grew it. 2006 GHS Neville’s Haze, regular seeds. NOTHING has ever come close to the density and complexity of the haze terps in those plants. When burned it was woody, leathery incense throughout the whole house and forrest after rain on the exhale. The buds, if you sniffed them, had the standard complex haze bud smell but it was burning that released the musky incense that you smell in the air.

Spaventa

Veteran
I will start the A5 Panama Haze after my current grow but that will take some time But I'll probably get a few more varieties from connoisour genetics, some varieties look very tasty too 🤤
Here my KA5H View attachment 18959468
I love Scrog nets. When tents came out, I started using the included ones and was instantly kicking myself for not having used them sooner. It’s the same as choosing a good time to plant a tree… ten years ago lol

Cheech87

I love Scrog nets. When tents came out, I started using the included ones and was instantly kicking myself for not having used them sooner. It’s the same as choosing a good time to plant a tree… ten years ago lol
At the beginning I wanted to grow the Neville Haze but was a bit doubtful because of the 16 weeks flowering.
I read and heard from many people that it is no longer what it was.
So I came to my KA5H my first Sativa of this size was very educational for me and a challenge the stretch was frightening 10-20cm in one day completely new to me.
That's why I bought the scrog net, there was only 180cm of space without lamps.
I'm only at the beginning of flowering and can still mess up a lot.
But the other plants in the tent have become a minor matter and are growing well for me 🫣

Spaventa

Veteran
At the beginning I wanted to grow the Neville Haze but was a bit doubtful because of the 16 weeks flowering.
I read and heard from many people that it is no longer what it was.
So I came to my KA5H my first Sativa of this size was very educational for me and a challenge the stretch was frightening 10-20cm in one day completely new to me.
That's why I bought the scrog net, there was only 180cm of space without lamps.
I'm only at the beginning of flowering and can still mess up a lot.
But the other plants in the tent have become a minor matter and are growing well for me 🫣
The best pheno among them was perfect at 13 weeks. It’s a lighter green, super sparse single stem with the thinnest fingered leaves and bud sites like clusters of Grenades! It was covered in resin and silvery at the end.

Cheech87

The best pheno among them was perfect at 13 weeks. It’s a lighter green, super sparse single stem with the thinnest fingered leaves and bud sites like clusters of Grenades! It was covered in resin and silvery at the end.
Ok good to know I think I will be happy with this strain no matter what because of the high it is supposed to be very powerful do you have a photo of your KA5H would love to see it

Spaventa

Veteran
No, I was talking about GHS Neville’s I grew in 2006 lol
I never grew the Killer A5 Haze. Sounds very promising though. Ace lines I did were stable, homogenous.
I held the A5 clone for a while but it wasn’t “Church in the air”. I thought it would be because the flowering plants stank of leathery, musky incense. I was incredibly disappointed after lighting the first joint and getting no haze in the air effect.
Honestly, if you have smoked old Neville’s, it ruins everything else.

Cheech87

Oops 😅
that's true just a little whiff of the smell and am immediately in focus from where it comes from.
used to be that way and will always stay that way crazy could just never stop smoking it only downside 😶‍🌫️

Last edited:

Spaventa

Veteran
I’m not selfish, when I find something comparable, I’ll be sending her far and wide with only the condition that you pass it on. Old school.
This Triploid I’m running now may be her. She has Black Domina and C99 genes. I know BD has church phenos and the C99 I personally grew back in the day certainly did so I was hopeful before I found the Triploid. Triploids produce a lot more terpenes and cannabinoids than regular diploid so there’s hope!