What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terpenation at Terpene Station

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glacier Tank ordered Viton gaskets for the sight glasses at our request. I'll check Monday to see if they are in.

They also ordered Buna-n, but we asked for Viton so that we can also use them in chromatography spools.

For all ya'll coveting a larger Terpenator, the 8", 10", and 12" X 12" sanitary spools arrived from China. We grabbed all of the 12" X 12" spools for Mk V's, but there are still some 8" and 10" spools.

Attachments

• Vacuum purged Cheese Absolute-1-1.jpg
    Vacuum purged Cheese Absolute-1-1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 85F extraction-1-1.jpg
    85F extraction-1-1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 20

OLDproLg

Veteran
Do it up boy's!!!

Shit is getting cleaner an cleaner all the time.......
Cool machinary!
Lg

FatherEarth

Veteran
Good to hear the parts are in! Im on the waiting list for the MK V, any guesstimate as to when it may be rolling out of the Specialized Formulations assembly line? If it works as good as the MKIII only faster and larger, oh my. Christmas in July?

FatherEarth

Veteran
On another note I need to come to the pharm so you can show me how to make that white oil. .. That is some superb looking oil fluff... Nice work.

FatherEarth

Veteran
I used a scalpel to remove the rib on the Buna tri clamp gasket, and put that in the sight glass.... Ill snap a pic ...

FatherEarth

Veteran
Had an issue with I believe would be considered a defective y valve assembly on my mastercool recovery tank. I discovered a pinhole leak in the threads while doing routine leak testing. The hole is where my hoses dont ever screw up to and even if they did how do you get a hole like this?

picture.php

picture.php

I was able to seal it with a 1/4" flare connection cut in half and some epoxy. Put epoxy on the threads and inside the nut and screwed on. Then butted up an yellow jacket 6" hose also coated with epoxy to the nut covering the holes. Allowed to cure for 24 hours no more leaks. A temporary fix until I get a new y valve..

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used a scalpel to remove the rib on the Buna tri clamp gasket, and put that in the sight glass.... Ill snap a pic ...

Thanks for sharing that! It caused me to investigate and found out that there has been a supplier change.

Glacier Tank shared that they've changed suppliers on their sight glasses and the new ones don't require a cup gasket, so it is now easy to replace them with flat washers from Gaskets Unlimited or similar supplier.

Lu lu lu lu lu lu lu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

FatherEarth

Veteran
Thanks for the update GW.

Does the MK V come equipped with a 4" sight glass? Will any of the MKIII parts be able to be utilized on the V?

FatherEarth

Veteran
The last pic is of some oil not done being fully purged. It fluffs up in the vacuum and if it cools in the vacuum it comes out holding the puff. If you break vacuum while its warm the puffed oil will fall and release most of the trapped butane. For some reason people like it just like that, I refuse to give it up unfinished. A little more heat and another round in the vacuum chamber and its amber glass and hard as a rock if you dont get too hot....

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the update GW.

Does the MK V come equipped with a 4" sight glass? Will any of the MKIII parts be able to be utilized on the V?

View Image View Image View Image View Image

The Mk V comes with a sight glass in the vent line. Here is a conceptual of what the Mk V will look like:

None of the Mk IIIA parts fit the Mk V, except the pumps and some valves. The Mk V has a 2" down sprew instead of a 1 1/2, and uses 4" columns, though it will run 2" columns.

You can make an adaptor for the Mk V, that will permit running Mk IIIA columns.

Attachments

• Mk V conceptual Rev A views-1-1.jpg
    Mk V conceptual Rev A views-1-1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 14

FatherEarth

Veteran
Whooo weee! That looks like its going to be a beast, GW!
Cant wait to get my oily hands all over that. Take a weeks worth of work and eat it in a day. Stellar looking design thanks for sharing. That made my day :)

More Erl fluffs, different run and a new cultivar.

Cotton candy shatter fluffs, sounds like a new cereal...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

FatherEarth

Veteran
Ok, GW can you explain to me exactly how the Robinair 15500 works in detail?

I spoke with an attendee of one of your classes and he was telling me that the robinair exhausts butane fumes out of the back of the unit through the fan.
I replied "hogwash". When I run my pump I can visibly see butane fumes come out of the exhaust hole above the oil sight glass. I was using my vacuum with no exhaust fitting and have seen the difference between oil vapor being exhausted and butane fumes from pumping down the end of a run. Not only that, when I change the pump oil it smells like bho and sometimes its a golden color when it doesnt smell like bho its milky. I save all my oil and re purpose it,mainly oiling up misc items around the pharm. It always smells of ganja flowers when I use it. Maybe Im misinformed and the vac never pulls anything through the oil? Maybe my pump is broken but still pulls a solid deep vacuum...? LOL ...

Thanks in Advance,

FE

Lebniis

Awesome thread, curious about the arrival time of the mkV and 12" spools. Following along, thanks for posting all the good info and pics.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok, GW can you explain to me exactly how the Robinair 15500 works in detail?

I spoke with an attendee of one of your classes and he was telling me that the robinair exhausts butane fumes out of the back of the unit through the fan.
I replied "hogwash". When I run my pump I can visibly see butane fumes come out of the exhaust hole above the oil sight glass. I was using my vacuum with no exhaust fitting and have seen the difference between oil vapor being exhausted and butane fumes from pumping down the end of a run. Not only that, when I change the pump oil it smells like bho and sometimes its a golden color when it doesnt smell like bho its milky. I save all my oil and re purpose it,mainly oiling up misc items around the pharm. It always smells of ganja flowers when I use it. Maybe Im misinformed and the vac never pulls anything through the oil? Maybe my pump is broken but still pulls a solid deep vacuum...? LOL ...

Thanks in Advance,

FE
It exhausts through the breather port on top of the pump housing itself.

A sliding rotary vane vacuum pulls everything through the oil and the oil ends up full of lighter terpenes and solvent.

FatherEarth

Veteran
It exhausts through the breather port on top of the pump housing itself.

A sliding rotary vane vacuum pulls everything through the oil and the oil ends up full of lighter terpenes and solvent.

Thats what I thought. He made me rethink it for a second, but I knew better. He requested that I ask you to clear things up. 'Ughh EM!' (clears throat) Thanks GW. :thank you: