What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scrubber sizing (not exhausting)

ReeferDan

Sorry if this is readily available info, but i cant seem to find it for the life of me.
I know when exhausting, you want your fan/filter to be able to change the air in your room 1x a minute.

im setting up my first sealed room, and want to size my scrubber correctly.
Ive seen on a youtube vid that for scrubbing in room, you only need 1/4-1/3 the cfm of your room to scrub efficiently, since you arent relying on it to exchange air, bring in co2, etc.

Is this accurate? Can anybody confirm or deny with info? Link?
Pertinent info: room is kind of an odd shape 7-8' wide by 12' long by 8-9' tall, flowering area is 4x10. Total volume of room is between 672 and 864 cf. Average of the two is 768, going by the 1/4 to 1/3 rule above that would be 192-256 cfm needed. Im stuck between a 6 and 8" fan/filter at that point. If im inbetween, might as well bigger and turn it down, than to not have enough. This is all given that the 1/4-1/3 of room cfm is indeed the number im shooting for?

Any help is appreciated.

My plan is to take my scrubber, and instead of just having it shoot straight at the ceiling or wall or whatever, im going to have it run in a solid 6" duct, above my lights, with several 1" holes to help move air around the room and, if i set the filter/fan low on the ground, possibly kick the heavy co2 back up to rain over the plants again.
At one time i had thought of having this duct run inbetween the pots and trellis, but thats just not going to function well after setting a few things up and evaluating the space.
My mind is always working to try to make things more efficient or use waste for another purpose. If im going to scrub air, mite as well duct it somewhere to help with air circulation, rather than just have it going "wherever"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts